"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly prevent an unnecessary argument with an embittered Burton fan, who can't get over the fact that the Nolan movies are superior in every way.

Begins was mediocre regarding acting, script, direction and visuals. Burton movies were vastly superior in this. Begins was a fun movie but not all that good.

From what i have seen from TDK surpasses Begins in every aspect. Nolan got rid of Groyer wich was a wise move and he seems to be more comfortable with the material this time. I think TDK will be good if not very good and i will probably like it allot. I can probably just ignore Begins.

If i were so embittered i wouldn't consider buying a HT TDK figure after seeing the movie would i. I am embracing this movie!

Watching Burton's Batman right now as I type and honestly it doesn't sniff either of the new Batman films. The new films are just stronger IMO in every aspect.

Watching Burton's Batman right now as I type and honestly it doesn't sniff either of the new Batman films. The new films are just stronger IMO in every aspect.

I don't know I still really liked the first two Burton films. I just think that the new ones better reflects the day and age we live in today.

Agreed. But they are both totally diffrent movies.

Now comparing roles and characters....thats different.

Thats also how I feel. Burton's films are good but Nolan's are much better

You mean you didn't like Joker dancing to Prince? I thought that was phenomenally choreographed.

You mean you didn't like Joker dancing to Prince? I thought that was phenomenally choreographed.

Yes the Prince crap is one of the things i don't like but it's hardly used anyway. Only short parts of two songs are heard in the film. The studio wanted to cash in on the pop-music that sold at the time. The Joker dancing is absolutely no problem since he is the JOKER. He is a psychotic killer that talks to corpses but he has ridiculous fun doing it.

Last edited:
AARRRRR!!!!! Just got back from seeing half of TDK. The IMAX showing was stopped about a hour and a half into the movie because the fire alarms were going off. They told us to evacuate out to the lobby for our safety. They let us return back in around ten minutes later, when they told us to leave the theater again. At this time the fire department shows up and after giving the OK to return, get a bigger ovation than Ledger's Joker performance. All good right, wrong, they re-start the movie what looks like 5-10 minutes after the point it was turned off. Well after people screaming REWIND for a few minutes, half the theater walked out for a refund.

All I can say is, the first hour and a half rocked. Looks like I'll have to catch it again quick.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

AARRRRR!!!!! Just got back from seeing half of TDK. The IMAX showing was stopped about a hour and a half into the movie because the fire alarms were going off. They told us to evacuate out to the lobby for our safety. They let us return back in around ten minutes later, when they told us to leave the theater again. At this time the fire department shows up and after giving the OK to return, get a bigger ovation than Ledger's Joker performance. All good right, wrong, they re-start the movie what looks like 5-10 minutes after the point it was turned off. Well after people screaming REWIND for a few minutes, half the theater walked out for a refund.

All I can say is, the first hour and a half rocked. Looks like I'll have to catch it again quick.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

That has happened to me the last 3 times I've been to the Imax show. Don't know what it is, hope it doesn't happen when I go see it Imax next week.

I need a worthy spot for my 3,000th post and this place seems just right!:D

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! EVERYTHING IS AMAZING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING! SCORE,ACTING,ACTORS,HEATH,ACTION,PLOT,ROMANCE,

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it too, I was supposed to see it at the Imax but it was sold out. Guess I better plan ahead next time :), (just gives me another excuse to see it again :D)

Yes the Prince crap is one of the things i don't like but it's hardly used anyway. Only short parts of two songs are heard in the film. The studio wanted to cash in on the pop-music that sold at the time. The Joker dancing is absolutely no problem since he is the JOKER. He is a psychotic killer that talks to corpses but he has ridiculous fun doing it.

Yes....

But THIS Joker asks you to kill hundreds of people just to prove a point.

So.....Jack Napier aint got nuthin on The Joker.

the Nolan Batman films are superior to the Burton films (in my opinion). However, the Nolan films wouldn't have felt right back then. Movies have come along way since then. And, I don't think these Batman films would of been "accepted" during that era.

I could be wrong. But, for what they are the Burton films were fine for their time. Like I said, movies have evolved quite a bit since then, heck, even Burton's films have...

the Nolan Batman films are superior to the Burton films (in my opinion). However, the Nolan films wouldn't have felt right back then. Movies have come along way since then. And, I don't think these Batman films would of been "accepted" during that era.

I could be wrong. But, for what they are the Burton films were fine for their time. Like I said, movies have evolved quite a bit since then, heck, even Burton's films have...

Couldn't agree more. I think even Nolan would admit that Begins and DK wouldn't have come to pass had it not been for the Burton films. People struggled for years to bring Batman to the screen and Burton showed that it could be done and that people would go crazy for it.

Arguing which version is better is like arguing which artist is the best Batman artist... Jim Lee?, Neal Adams?, Tim Sale? I love them all... I love the Burton and the Nolan films. The Burton films are flawed, yes, but there is still a magic about them -- they are really, really fun. When I have kids they will likely see Batman 89 before they ever see Dark Knight.

Arguing which version is better is like arguing which artist is the best Batman artist... Jim Lee?, Neal Adams?, Tim Sale? I love them all... I love the Burton and the Nolan films. The Burton films are flawed, yes, but there is still a magic about them -- they are really, really fun. When I have kids they will likely see Batman 89 before they ever see Dark Knight.

:lecture

Exactly.

I'm back, missed out on all the opening weekend fun, but did manage to still see it opening day. Loved it, seeing it again tomorrow, gotta see it at least twice to catch all the things to really talk about this movie like I want to, totally delivered.

I will say this though, as I walked down the steps from my theater seats, heard the Batman theme in my head and started feeling inspired, very moving film for me, just as I hoped it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back