"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse what I said Dave. I do think Mr. Ledger was an amazing actor. He did a very good job portraying a mad man who doesn't care much about anything, or for that matter, anyone. All he cares about is seeing the destructive nature of all things living and not. A good little Joker incarnate. That maybe good enough for the character. However, it's just not enough for this movie goer. I went in with tremendously high expectations, brought on by all that hype. I just don't feel that Heath's acting was immaculate, nor did I believe he conveyed a wide range of emotion. In my opinion, that is what makes for an Oscar worthy performance. I feel that I have to go there because that is where the critics, and the marketing machine went to. At the very least, there were murmurs.

Again, I am not taking away from the late Heath Ledger's credibility as an actor. I have always been a fan, and I strongly believe that the film industry lost a great individual that brought a lot to the screen. I still can't help but wonder if he was alive today, if those people would have shared the exact sentiments given the reality of the situation we have to live with unfortunately.

What did it in for me, as mentioned before, Heath's supposed Oscar worthy performance, and the movie itself was comparable to some of the great detective movies of all-time. Even going as far to suggest it maybe the greatest movie in a long while. I didn't share those sentiments, but that shouldn't take away from those who do believe those bold statements to be accurate. After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Don't take this as an attack of your opinion, but I'm curious as to whether or not you felt Javier Bardem deserved his win for Anton in "No Country For Old Men."

I got this far with that guys turd of a review and stopped:

The movie was good, not great. And definitely not "the best ever" or "the greatest of all time". Personally, I liked "Iron Man" and "Hellboy 2" better than this.

Iron Man and Hellboy 2 were good movies indeed. They aren't even on the same playing field as this movie. Also you almost have to be a fan of Iron Man and Hellboy 2's comics. A general person with limited knowledge on the comics will say TDK all the way. As well as most comic book fans as well. I am not saying everyone feels that way. Just from how the majority of the viewers sees this movie.

To me those movies felt more inspired than TDK, which I liked a lot, but not as much as the other two. As I stated before, I really enjoyed TDK, but felt let down when it was all said and done. It didn't feel brand new, more like 'Begins 1.5', you know what I'm saying? Ledger's performance bumped it up more obviously, but overall it still felt like it lacked a little more 'oomph'.

To me those movies felt more inspired than TDK, which I liked a lot, but not as much as the other two. As I stated before, I really enjoyed TDK, but felt let down when it was all said and done. It didn't feel brand new, more like 'Begins 1.5', you know what I'm saying? Ledger bumped it up more obviously, but overall it still felt like it lacked a little more 'oomph'.

Apparently you didn't read the part when I said they were good movies. I enjoyed them both. I am not going to argue with you. The results are in and you are in the minority. All I am saying is most people agree that Batman was the better movie and I agree. I think it was a terrific movie through and through and was much better than Iron Man and Hellboy. IMO it was more serious and had far less camp then the other two.

TDK and Iron Man are the two best films of the summer. They both hit that chord with me for different reasons and that's why I can't pick one over the other. Basically going in my fandom for both was at the same level which is to say moderate at best. I came out the same but my level much higher. Hellyboy looking back I think was a good film but I was let down by it some and between Iron Man, TDK, Indy, and Hellboy 2 is the weakest of those 4 for me.

if I were to rank summer blockbusters, it'd be:

1. TDK
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Indy and the Crystal Skull

and i'm sorry, but TDK owned pretty much every other movie i've seen in a long time. and it's not hyped up, imo... acting, cinematography, writing, set design... it has it all, and it has it better than any other movie that i've possibly ever seen.

just my opinion ;)

1. TDK
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. The Incredible Hulk

and i'm sorry, but TDK owned pretty much every other movie i've seen in a long time. and it's not hyped up, imo... acting, cinematography, writing, set design... it has it all, and it has it better than any other movie that i've possibly ever seen.

just my opinion ;)

Pretty much how I see it althought I didn't see Hulk yet. :monkey2

I saw it again for the third time. I noticed a couple of people leaving after the last act with Joker and couldn't help hear some comments by some people as I was leaving the theater. Personally I believe the TDK has fallen under the trap of what "superhero" movies have classically been known form- standard turn your brain off Summer CGI extravaganza.
I really loved this movie because there was subtlety, great acting, great themes of morality being pushed to the limits d/t the actions of a nihilistic antagonist and the role of a hero in society, a non emphasis on CGI in a dark, realistic and gritty world, outstanding musical score and great direction.

1. TDK
2. Iron Man
3. Hellboy 2
4. The Incredible Hulk

just my opinion ;)

Pretty close to my list as well but I'd swap IM and HB2.

TDK was a great film with a lot of great performances. I sure as hell didn't want it to end. Easily my favorite film so far this year though that will probably change in November with Half Blood Prince.

I watched it online and its alright. Better than the last one thats for sure. If I tossed it in the mix it would rank as the weakest film.

although i agree that i thought The Hulk was weak, how can you get an accurate gauge on this film by watching it online? You couldn't possibly get the "hugeness" of it, the surround sound, etc... from a computer monitor.

although i agree that i thought The Hulk was weak, how can you get an accurate gauge on this film by watching it online? You couldn't possibly get the "hugeness" of it, the surround sound, etc... from a computer monitor.

Yeah, you lose some of the surround obviously but I don't need that to know if its a good film, or accurately compare to others I've seen.

Iron Man and Hellboy 2 were good movies indeed. They aren't even on the same playing field as this movie. Also you almost have to be a fan of Iron Man and Hellboy 2's comics. A general person with limited knowledge on the comics will say TDK all the way. As well as most comic book fans as well. I am not saying everyone feels that way. Just from how the majority of the viewers sees this movie.

Uhhh, I've never read a single IM comic, and I still loved it to death, my number 2 movie of the year. I read a few HB comics, and I still loved it. that would be number 3. Yes TDK is number 1, but thats not the point...

Uhhh, I've never read a single IM comic, and I still loved it to death, my number 2 movie of the year. I read a few HB comics, and I still loved it. that would be number 3. Yes TDK is number 1, but thats not the point...

I didn't say you didn't love it to death. :confused: So what is your point?

For me this was easily the best movie of the summer and year for that matter. I really liked Iron man and Hulk as well. The three biggest movies this year that were high on my "hype list" were IJ, HB2, and TDK. This movie was the only movie that was truly not a disappointment. I was extremely let down with both Crystal Skull and HB2 so much that I began to loose faith int he movie industry. TDK not only met my expectations but vastly exceeded them. It was a genuinely great movie going experience on every level.

You said you almost had to be a fan of the HB or IM comics....and im not. (well, not Iron Man, I LOOOOVE HB comics)

Correct, the term almost is not an absolute term. It was a general statement and no way was to reflect your point of view. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back