The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Because being the last movie, and maybe feeling pressure to wow fans as much as TDK and not sure the movie alone will do it, woudln't put it past WB to consier and maybe entertain and push for the inclusion of this thing. The world is so different now, viral videos can make major celebrities out of no ones. The Star Wars kid got to be an extra just because he got picked on for someone posting his video online.

It should stay like the prologue but you never know.

I can tell for a fact that I do know. TDKR will open with the cracking ice.

I couldn't even finish watching that fan made crap :lol

It's not crap, it's actually very well done. It just doesn't fit this film or Nolan.

Finally - this thread was being ruined.

Finally - this thread has some discussion about TDKR.

That was great, and I would say would be a very cool addition to the DVD/Blu-Ray release, but for consistency sake, I don't want to see it used for the movie.

It's been the same for 2 movies, don't change now, mild music with the Bat logo coming towards the camera. I also love that Nolan's Bat films dive right in, no waiting for a credit scene to finish, especially when many don't really add much to the film.

Oh I totally agree with you! I post it because I think that it's cool but I didn't write this article and I don't agree with this title! It's a fan made opening and there is no reason for this to be in the movie or even in the bluray! ^^
And it looks more like a fincher opening that a nolan one! :)

Well it does snow in the new movie, and may be tied to Bane's weapon.

Yeah, it does make a lot of sense being ice, seeing as there seems to be a lot of snow in the movie. It just never twigged with me before that that's what it was, I thought it was just cracked and broken. Lol.

Plus Nolan keeps saying Wayne's been 'frozen in time' the last 8 yrs.

Frozen and ripe to be broken by Bane

Is that how Nolan referred to it? I must have missed that too. What's wrong with me? :lol. I just saw it has maybe glass that was cracked and broken, like in the pages of Knightfall, as a reference to that arc which, it seems, will be a big part of the movie. Makes a lot of sense now though. Interesting.

Is that how Nolan referred to it? I must have missed that too. What's wrong with me? :lol. I just saw it has maybe glass that was cracked and broken, like in the pages of Knightfall, as a reference to that arc which, it seems, will be a big part of the movie. Makes a lot of sense now though. Interesting.

“It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film,” Nolan said of the leap forward. “But it’s not a great mystery — it’s the jumping-off point for the film — but it’s hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we’re saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there’s a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of the ‘The Dark Knight’ and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film — and the feeling at the end of that film — to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that’s the primary reason we did that. It’s a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything — which I think would be distracting — but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of [portraying] this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that.”

https://herocomplex.latimes.com/201...christopher-nolan-opens-up-about-bane-choice/

Cool, thanks for the post void. I'm sure I'd read the article but had forgotten it. There's been some really interesting aspects of the film mentioned so far. I'm really intrigued by it.

Welcome :)

Yeah, i'm very intrigued like you, what I love is the amount of thought that goes into these films, there's so many layers to it

Yeah I agree, there's obviously a lot of thought put into the whole thing. I know a lot of people are unsure about the whole 8 year gap and such, but I'm sure its all done because thats how the story naturally progressed. You have to do something that follows on from the way The Dark Knight ended, otherwise it kind of loses it impact, and I always wondered what the sequel would be like and how it would handle that continuation. So I completely understand that the reason they've done the things they've done, is because thats how the story progressed and how they found an interesting story to tell without it just being another "Batman against..." type of movie.

Thing I'm curious about is, are we 8 years after TDK right from the prologue, or, is there like maybe 30 mintues of the movie to setup and event and then we're taken to 8 years later.

I had been wondering about this too, if something happens at the beginning, Batman retiring/going into hiding, then we cut to 8 years later or if it starts 8 years later. But i'm starting to really think it will start off 8 years later, and Bane's emergence will maybe prompt a return of Batman. Of course i could be totally wrong, but thats the feeling i get. I reckon it'll start off 8 years after The Dark Knight and will be dealing with a peaceful Gotham due to the cover up.

I think it'll be 8 years of no Batman right from the start. But I also think that's silly for a couple of reasons: 1) There was really no indication or sense that Gotham was cleansed and without need of Batman at the end of TDK, and 2) I personally think the effect of Bane would be much better served if HE was the reason that Wayne packs it up for several years, not the reason he decides to actually dust off the cowl.

And I liked the notion of Batman being an outlaw constantly on the run after TDK. Having him hang up the cape and essentially go into hiding would completely undermine the impact of the end of TDK. And it also makes him look like a damn coward.

Also, if Batman indeed went on hiatus after TDK and was inactive for 8 years then Nolan's Batman would have a pretty short career overall.

And if he's no longer Batman at the beginning of TDKR and hasn't been for 8 years, what about the Batcave in the rebuilt Waynez Manor?

Yeah, too many reasons why that wouldn't work for me. I'd be keen to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt on this, but since he's shown little respect for the Batman mythos I can see him doing this silly Batman's been retired for 8 years thing right from the start. :(

Because being the last movie, and maybe feeling pressure to wow fans as much as TDK and not sure the movie alone will do it, woudln't put it past WB to consier and maybe entertain and push for the inclusion of this thing. The world is so different now, viral videos can make major celebrities out of no ones. The Star Wars kid got to be an extra just because he got picked on for someone posting his video online.

It should stay like the prologue but you never know.

Now that Nolan's turned into Michael Bay, I'd say it's too late. :lol

Anyone wants a High(er) res of the new logo here ya go.
Screenshot2012-01-10at20524PM-1-1-2.png

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-BxAU2xvo&feature=g-vrec&context=G2b31e10RVAAAAAAAAAg[/ame]

Irish/DiFabio 101% right......:lecture

For a director famously known for bringing Batman into the real world, if Nolan tries to shove 8 years of peace down our throats, then that's more silly than anything that happened in Batman and Robin.

Human beings whom are capable of bad and evil are just as much a part of the fabric of life as human beings whom are capable of doing good, both coexist like midichlorians in a Jedi orgy.

Impossible for humans to coexist peacefully, there will always be a need for law and order, and Batman if said law and order has been corrupted. Don't tell me that law and order has been working good enough for Batman for 8 years. :cuckoo:

Does Batman only fight mob crime now?

Hell, humans kill each other over Superman's sculpt at the drop of a dime! :lol

8 years of peace.....pfft. :pfft:

Go ahead void, save Nolan now :lol

I also take it that the LOS will also be performing a little Joker push on civility of their own by having the poor do the LOS's dirty work by having them be pawns of a revolution against the wealthy establishment. :dunno Will that be the start of the crime wave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back