Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats David.
I got an email from Play.com today saying they won't be getting any more stock, surprise surprise.
Thanks.... like you said no surprises there at least you got cap. Still can't believe how cheap he was i mean play.com aren't known for there super cheap bargain collectibles..... agency staff :lol

anyway back to HULK i still don't know were i'm going to put him but i don't care :lol
somewhere reinforced HULK SMASH :lol

Last edited:
not again ahhh :lol you will enrage spidey :horror

ARGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Spidey SMASH!!!!

CostumeSpiderHulk.gif

Here's what I don't get. You can still do an open ES and number the statues. Just put a number on them. If the 1st batch has 1000 pieces, number each one up to a 1000. If there are another 1000 sold over the next 5 years number them from 1001 to 2000. If after 5 years they decide to close the piece out, all the statues released are numbered. Release a total run number in the newsletter when you announce that the run is over. Everyone has a number on their statue and SSC can release as many as they want, in as many years as they please, before closing out the statue.

Collectors will have a number on the base of their collectibles, SSC can release as many of their pieces as they want for as long as they decide, and an overall run can be announced at the end. A simple win-win scenario.

Here's what I don't get. You can still do an open ES and number the statues. Just put a number on them. If the 1st batch has 1000 pieces, number each one up to a 1000. If there are another 1000 sold over the next 5 years number them from 1001 to 2000. If after 5 years they decide to close the piece out, all the statues released are numbered. Release a total run number in the newsletter when you announce that the run is over. Everyone has a number on their statue and SSC can release as many as they want, in as many years as they please, before closing out the statue.

Collectors will have a number on the base of their collectibles, SSC can release as many of their pieces as they want for as long as they decide, and an overall run can be announced at the end. Simple.

:dunno:dunno yeah seems simple enough, but for some reason just doing it by the seat of their pants seems to be easy also....:lol

:dunno:dunno yeah seems simple enough, but for some reason just doing it by the seat of their pants seems to be easy also....:lol

Well quad, as long as their sales are strong they can do whatever they want. However, there are people who won't buy open ES pieces. Especially their LSF pieces because they are priced so high and are open ES.

A simple thing like just putting a number on the base can bring in more business and gives their collectors a clear message that they aren't just ignoring an issue that quite a few of their customers do not like. It really is a simple fix. If they just put a F'n number on the bottom of the Hulk maquette, I'd order it IMMEDIATELY!

Great sculpt/statue > number on bottom of base that will not be seen

If that were true and you really believed that, you wouldn't have gotten even half of the dough you did selling off your grail PFs. Never underestimate the power of numbers. Besides, there really is no real reason not to have both. Who does it hurt?

Collectors will have a number on the base of their collectibles, SSC can release as many of their pieces as they want for as long as they decide, and an overall run can be announced at the end. A simple win-win scenario.

Ink costs money and pay somebody to number each one costs money too + SideShow is cheap so...

Back