Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hulk004_zpsc849c1df.jpg
[/IMG]
hulk005_zpsebce0691.jpg
[/IMG]
hulk014_zpsc12db2f5.jpg
[/IMG]

I do paint by numbers all the time, which use a very cheap and easy to use water based paint. Using the bottom of the left foot as a test I matched the colours and then let it dry. I wanted to make sure it was completely reversible, which it was instantly. Then I painted a few different eyebrows, both left and right. took a total of about 20 seconds and 5 cents. I'm completely 100% satisfied and it is reversible with the wipe of a wet tissue. DONE:) The first pic shows a before of the left eyebrow, I had already done the right. The next two show the after. seconds guys and certainly nothing to fret about. Cheers.

Last edited:
Goat, did you take before and after pics?

The first pic is of the left eyebrow pre-touch up, I had already done the right which was also a bit short like the others) and the other two are post touchup. But it was literally so easy I could wipe them both off and do a proper before and after again, it literally took seconds. Completely fool proof and reversible.

Just some cheapo water based stuff that comes with Paint-by-number kits. Dries to a very good match and wipes off in seconds if you need a redo:)

The first pic is of the left eyebrow pre-touch up, I had already done the right which was also a bit short like the others) and the other two are post touchup. But it was literally so easy I could wipe them both off and do a proper before and after again, it literally took seconds. Completely fool proof and reversible.

LOL so that first photo you had already done the right eyebrow?? HA! Whe I first saw that photo my heart dropped! I thought Oh no!!!

ha, ha... yeah the discrepency isn't that much. The right eyebrow was just as short like on the other examples, but I touched up the right and then thought you guys might want to see a before and after of the left one, so quickly took a pic.

So basically just water paint that my kids use?? Funny.

you bet. Really is too easy. I didn't have a black, and it isn't quite pure black so I mixed a dark brown with some dark graphite looking grey and it worked perfectly. Just practice on the bottom of the one foot to see if it dries the right colour. I got it first try and am very happy with the look. It cleans up perfectly too so no mark on the bottom of the foot for what it's worth.

Could you please take a pic of the paint?? I'm from Spain and don't understand very well what are you talking about! :lol

I messed up and started a new thread on the Hulk guys. :slap

Sorry.

My BAD!

I am new at posting here.

Going crazy by the door at work. FedEx truck should deliver mine today before 5pm, will post pictures here from work!

:impatient:

Even more impressive...from California to Memphis to Edmonton in 2 days (mine's on the truck for delivery...will have in hand later today!). That's like 2,000 extra travel miles than if it came straight here from California.

My 2 cents on this piece...looks freakin' outstanding. Eyebrow looks like a non-issue to me. Can't wait to open this baby up when I get home from work!

Hey I live in Bonnyville Ab. did you have any Vat or custom charges with this bad-boy, mine is on the way now and I usually do not have any charges but given the size of this beast I was curious?

oh and one more thing, the face is identically painted as the rest, no shiny head or anything like that. With the touchups it really is perfect, I am thrilled and can't wait for my wife to see it. Defintely a good intro to sideshow statues. I foresee many more in the future

Hey I live in Bonnyville Ab. did you have any Vat or custom charges with this bad-boy, mine is on the way now and I usually do not have any charges but given the size of this beast I was curious?

When it's shipped through FedEx, you're almost guaranteed to get customs and brokerage charges, plus GST.

I don't know what the charges will be, but it'll probably be GST on the full value of the statue plus FedEx's brokerage fee. I'm expecting the total due upon delivery to be around $50 to $60 CAD. Sucks, but that's just the way it is.

$90 in tax and a $10 handling fee from fedex, that's it.

Back