Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still a great statu my friend and I don't know about you but when people come and look at my collection they are not allowed to pick any of it up. But on the other hand I get where you are coming from.

If you drop them on the floor chances are they will both break. But there is something about having that heft.

It's just like baseball cards. These will be worth the most money :)

:lecture At no time do I look at it and think...."Man that looks so light and so cheap"

Yeah, nobody picks up my stuff either, I was only commenting on the cost to weight issue. Most of my statues have a good solid feel to them, but I can definitely see how Hulk could be crazy heavy if he was solid. Less materials used should mean less cost.

:slap You really want to cancel? Because of the two minor issues and no mention of the brows :lol

Too late to cancel it's already on the way, but no, I would never cancel, just return it if it has major flaws like some of the other people seem to be having. The eyebrow thing really doesn't bother me it looks like the scene in the movie that it is taken from. This maquette is $650, it of course is going to be under extreme amounts of scrutiny.

Yeah, nobody picks up my stuff either, I was only commenting on the cost to weight issue. Most of my statues have a good solid feel to them, but I can definitely see how Hulk could be crazy heavy if he was solid. Less materials used should mean less cost.

Yes. But that Legacy stamp takes it's effect on the price. However I really do think this Hulk would be better priced at 499.99. Don't get me wrong I have no regrets and would buy him again but I figure if Legacy Iron man was that price and more material was used then Hulk should be close to that price also.

Too late to cancel it's already on the way, but no, I would never cancel, just return it if it has major flaws like some of the other people seem to be having. The eyebrow thing really doesn't bother me it looks like the scene in the movie that it is taken from. This maquette is $650, it of course is going to be under extreme amounts of scrutiny.

Trust me you will love it

Trust me you will love it

I'm sure I will. It seems JAWS loves his even with the issues he is having. I'll get mine on Tuesday, so I shall see it then. I loved the Avengers movie and the Hulk is my second favorite comic book character. I hope to get all the movie Avengers in PF someday.

Yeah, nobody picks up my stuff either, I was only commenting on the cost to weight issue. Most of my statues have a good solid feel to them, but I can definitely see how Hulk could be crazy heavy if he was solid. Less materials used should mean less cost.[/QUOTE]

It's not necessarily less material, could be just different material. For all we know, it might actually cost more to make because it's likely one more step to add the foam core or void or whatever they do to lighten it.

And, it did cost less (i.e. reduced shipping costs).

Yes. But that Legacy stamp takes it's effect on the price. However I really do think this Hulk would be better priced at 499.99. Don't get me wrong I have no regrets and would buy him again but I figure if Legacy Iron man was that price and more material was used then Hulk should be close to that price also.

I agree, the piece would be better at $499, but he still looks great from the pics I've seen. I just hope my shelves are wide enough for him. I ran into a problem with my TRON Rinzler statues base being to large for my shelf.

Yeah, nobody picks up my stuff either, I was only commenting on the cost to weight issue. Most of my statues have a good solid feel to them, but I can definitely see how Hulk could be crazy heavy if he was solid. Less materials used should mean less cost.[/QUOTE]

It's not necessarily less material, could be just different material. For all we know, it might actually cost more to make because it's likely one more step to add the foam core or void or whatever they do to lighten it.

I never really though of that. I guess I am just used to my PF's being heavy as hell polystone.

There is no foam core, it's hollow.
They either keep rotating the mould or it's pressurised in some way, I'm not quite sure.
A hollow piece will be cheaper to produce than a solid piece.

I remember the Dutch head in a Joker base, god knows what they get up to in China :cuckoo:

I agree, the piece would be better at $499, but he still looks great from the pics I've seen. I just hope my shelves are wide enough for him. I ran into a problem with my TRON Rinzler statues base being to large for my shelf.

It is safe to assume that the reason hulk costs more than Rhino is due to the fact that it is a Legacy Effects sculpt, likely requiring a fair investment on SSC's part in order to mass produce the sculpt.

Back