Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my statue before and after I repainted

DSC01024_zpse628aaf5.jpg
DSC01069_zps8ad989a2.jpg

That is perfect. I wish i had that kind of skill for painting! Congrats! If you ever come to Rio de Janeiro/Brazil bring a painting kit with you and you have free stay with meals and booze! Lol

Last edited:
The custom paint is better for sure but the SS paint apps are pretty darn good. The photo used for comparison has a lot of flash.

Actually , the pics were shot with no flash, that's a no no, . But were next to a window and by the time I finished painting him , the sun had moved , A better real look on the paint is on my video . and for all you who are on the fence , believe me it is very nicely painted right out of the box , :)

Actually , the pics were shot with no flash, that's a no no, . But were next to a window and by the time I finished painting him , the sun had moved , A better real look on the paint is on my video . and for all you who are on the fence , believe me it is very nicely painted right out of the box , :)
i believe you and said it along time ago those on the fence should get off as it's about to collapse :lol oops there she goes :horror
once again great job with your painting skills :clap

yeah but then that crack might actually turn out to be a devastating seismic event that leads to the statue crumbling to pieces...

Seems to me that every hulk has this hole , on mine you could not see it or feel it , but when I pulled down the pants to see , this is what I found ,

091DFCA0-6C2E-44BF-BB98-D91ADDD37BE2-727-000000F8ABDBA77B_zps21f4cf49.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok...I know what that is. Someone else said that they lighten these things up by pressurizing the inside when they make it, therefore making it hollow. That makes total sense now, and this hole is made just to relieve the internal pressurization. Same thing is done when hot dip galvanizing steel.

So, it's likely not a defect.

Ok...I know what that is. Someone else said that they lighten these things up by pressurizing the inside when they make it, therefore making it hollow. That makes total sense now, and this hole is made just to relieve the internal pressurization. Same thing is done when hot dip galvanizing steel.

So, it's likely not a defect.

That aint no defect, it's a perfect circle.
Looks very fragile. Some have said a solid piece will break just as easily as a hollow piece but if you, your child or pet, was to knock a statue over would you rather have a snapped arm that could be repaired or lots of small pieces that couldn't?

Looks very fragile. Some have said a solid piece will break just as easily as a hollow piece but if you, your child or pet, was to knock a statue over would you rather have a snapped arm that could be repaired or lots of small pieces that couldn't?

Lighter piece might not break if it falls. Not saying this one is light enough but have a Jaws Maquette that fell once and there was no damage at all. The sharl is lighter then 10 pounds though.

Oops. Sorry about that. Looked like flash because all the detail was washed out.

It does look thinner than I was expecting, I admit. I'm considering getting a custom acrylic display case for this guy...more now than ever judging by how fragile it looks.

That said, there's nothing saying that a solid piece will only ever have "clean" breaks. A solid piece dropped on the floor could easily fragment into many small pieces, no different than a hollow one. Lets face it, these are fragile collectibles, none of these pieces are particularly sturdy.

Back