Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had to break a couple of solid pieces, it wasn't easy. :wink1:

For the record, I'm not saying that I'm glad it's hollow. I admit, it detracts slightly (now seeing the "butt hole" pics, he's much thinner than I thought), but it just doesn't ruin the piece for me like it does others.

Hulk is still a definite top 3 in my collection, no doubt about it.

For the record, I'm not saying that I'm glad it's hollow. I admit, it detracts slightly (now seeing the "butt hole" pics, he's much thinner than I thought), but it just doesn't ruin the piece for me like it does others.

Hulk is still a definite top 3 in my collection, no doubt about it.

For the record...
I can't wait to get mine :yess: both of them :lol

solid statues are easier to develop cracks and fracture, an egg shell thin hollow statue is also bad for obvious reason.

The ideal statue is a hollow one with reasonable thickness of 0.5 inches it is stronger and preferred.

The hulk looks to be 0.25 inches thick... as best i can tell from the photo. Mine will be here monday

F67A519A-4596-4FE6-A2C1-47757F64BF31-120-0000010214FC8193_zps4417ee97.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok...I know what that is. Someone else said that they lighten these things up by pressurizing the inside when they make it, therefore making it hollow. That makes total sense now, and this hole is made just to relieve the internal pressurization. Same thing is done when hot dip galvanizing steel.

So, it's likely not a defect.

If this hole is there for some kind of pressurizing process, does the Rhino have one as well?

If this hole is there for some kind of pressurizing process, does the Rhino have one as well?

I have no idea...is the rhino hollow? If so, then I would guess that there was some kind of hole. As the rhino is not a PF, and doesn't have any clothes to cover it up, they would have to fill the hole afterward...maybe they would put it in the foot and fill it with the peg? No idea.

I can appreciate the Hulks based on the comics and the sculpting on these are great. I'm really a "movie guy" and the Avengers Hulk is the one for my collection. As said before the Maq has a more believable sculpt

I have no idea...is the rhino hollow? If so, then I would guess that there was some kind of hole. As the rhino is not a PF, and doesn't have any clothes to cover it up, they would have to fill the hole afterward...maybe they would put it in the foot and fill it with the peg? No idea.

rhino has to be....some have cracking problems

I can appreciate the Hulks based on the comics and the sculpting on these are great. I'm really a "movie guy" and the Avengers Hulk is the one for my collection. As said before the Maq has a more believable sculpt

I thought I was the only one on here that now collects movie related statues only.

If you UK collectors can't wait there's one on ebay for £700 :lol

I thought I was the only one on here that now collects movie related statues only.

If you UK collectors can't wait there's one on ebay for £700 :lol

While I don't collect movie only versions of characters I do collect awesome reditions of characters, and if that sculpt happens to be one based on a movie so be it. I have the movie Cap, and I LOVE the details that went into him, and I think he is a perfect example of a WW II Cap comic or no comic, and I will not buy another Cap JUST to have a comic Cap. Now if it was a kick butt sculpt...lol. This big boy is a fantastically realistic depiction of the Hulk, that just happens to be from a movie. If WWH just doesn't get it done I will be ordering this bad boy sooner rather then later.

Believable? Really?

The Incredible Hulk is by definition NOT credible. Hulk, Grey Hulk (I know, same character), Red Hulk or Rulk, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, She-Hulk, Savage She-Hulk, Skaar; I think the believability ship sailed long ago.

Believable? Really?

The Incredible Hulk is by definition NOT credible. Hulk, Grey Hulk (I know, same character), Red Hulk or Rulk, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, She-Hulk, Savage She-Hulk, Skaar; I think the believability ship sailed long ago.

While i cant be sure I think careyb meant "believable" in terms of a more photo realistic sculpt. A lot of the more classic Grails are DEFINETLY EXACTLT what they were meant to be, sculpts of classic comic book characters meant to evoke just that. The classic images of the characters. Now some guys are like me and they prefer the more detailed recent depiction of the characters; more of a Keown interpretation and less of a Kirby image. In the end we can just have different preferences, and that is totally fair.

Lmao!!

Why are people pulling down the pants?! What are you looking for? Don't tell me anatomical accuracy.

Back