Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jaws, but I believe that's a standard release from the edition. If you look at the features and hair in this pic you'll see the differences. It makes me wonder what all WAS changed from the actual effects maquette. :(

Here is what I could dig up on this thread. I don't know if there are many more shots of the proto. However I actually like the version we got a little better.

hulk10.jpg

163_large.jpg

lad8thtindq2.jpg

vocck4vgsu42.jpg

ll.jpg

g8nl2bzi66ou.jpg

hvknjd3tx.jpg

In what way? I thought you were happy with yours? :dunno

:lol Mine smells too much! Proper chemical fumes are seeping through the box as we speak....cough! cough! No, mine is fine...however, looking at those proto pics i still prefer the eyebrows to be more level if i was nit picking and those purple pants shown in those few pics above certainly make the green skin colour stand out more imo. Obviously SSC wanted to remain movie accurate hence why we got the faded grey coloured pants. However, all those points can be easily addressed by some easy customizing...as some people have already tried to do already...

dont worry Jay, yours is gonna look SWEEEEEEETTTT!!!! :yess:

:lol Mine smells too much! Proper chemical fumes are seeping through the box as we speak....cough! cough! No, mine is fine...however, looking at those proto pics i still prefer the eyebrows to be more level if i was nit picking and those purple pants shown in those few pics above certainly make the green skin colour stand out more imo. Obviously SSC wanted to remain movie accurate hence why we got the faded grey coloured pants. However, all those points can be easily addressed by some easy customizing...as some people have already tried to do already...

dont worry Jay, yours is gonna look SWEEEEEEETTTT!!!! :yess:

Yeah i prefer the movie accurate ones as well. Why would i buy a movie statue and change how it looks on screen? :lol

Thanks Jaws, but I believe that's a standard release from the edition. If you look at the features and hair in this pic you'll see the differences. It makes me wonder what all WAS changed from the actual effects maquette. :(
comp-1_zps522fdbb4.jpg

There is some noticable changes there....

i) Hair styles are different in both comparisons
i) Teeth on the Hulk we recieved look too clean for a Hulk. On the proto his teeth look like he needs a visit from the Dentist.
i) and finally the green paint application appears to be a slightly darker shade to the one they used for the official release...
i) eyebrows appear to be more level
i) lower lip on the proto is painted same colour green as skin whereas the one we recieved has the darkened glossy lower lip
i) whites of the eyes are more noticable on the proto

Lighting could be the reason for colour difference though. I like the clean teeth better anyway. Yeah eyebrows look better on the proto but all in all they've done a great job from what i can see.

This thread is becoming a real downer to be honest. :lol

Lighting could be the reason for colour difference though. I like the clean teeth better anyway. Yeah eyebrows look better on the proto but all in all they've done a great job from what i can see.

This thread is becoming a real downer to be honest. :lol

Unfortunately Jay, its very rare for a thread to remain completely one sided. I suppose its the beauty of having a forum so that everyone can have their say whether it would be good or bad and whether people agree or disagree. Overall this Hulk is amazing and i'm so grateful to have one but it does make you wonder when you see those comparison pics with the proto as to why certain things were changed so much from the Hulk we recieved? ie hair, teeth, colour tone, eyebrows, etc..:dunno

:lol You don't have to tell me about threads on here mate. I've been posting since 2008. No thread is ever 100% one sided but this one seems to be going right down. We've gone from some people saying get off the fence it's amazing to being swayed by the people thinking it's junk.

:lol You don't have to tell me about threads on here mate. I've been posting since 2008. No thread is ever 100% one sided but this one seems to be going right down. We've gone from some people saying get off the fence it's amazing to being swayed by the people thinking it's junk.

Im not being swayed Jay, i love it :lecture...even if people are finding a little hole when pulling his pants down! :lol

By the way how many times do statues come looking like the proto SSC show? People should know this by now and just wait to order until you see what the production one looks like.

:exactly: i mean some people were even complaing about his feet and that the separation between each toe appeared to look too close together :slap silly things like that i choose to ignore...

:lol

Like you say if they pay their money they can complain at what they like. It seems that most people that have this love it and it's the people looking at pics that seem to have the problems. :dunno

Some things looked to have changed, but like Jaws i think this looks better. The statue isn't going to change, so no point banging on about what's changed. You either buy it or you don't and if you have bought it and aren't happy? then send the ****er back. It's that simple really.

Last edited:
You either buy it or you don't and if you have bought it and aren't happy? then send the ****er back. It's that simple really.

Jay, i like it when you get fiesty! :yess: You tell em Jay!!!! :lecture

You are true in what you say, still cant believe that one of the collectors a few pages back completely repainted the whole thing :horror Dont get me wrong, although not to my liking, it was a great custom piant job but so soon??? I think he repainted it within a few days of recieiving it. I personally rate a statue on the instinctive and spontaneous feeling i get when unboxing it. For example, when i opened pieces like the Hulk PF and the Hulk Maquette i knew straight away when removing him from the packaging that i'd be blown away. If you can remember my reaction on how i described the Hulk Maquette when i sent that post after unboxing...it was something like...'This is a statue sent from the gods!' and thats how i really felt....and still do! However, when i opened say the Wolverine PF Exclusive then my initial reaction was not good at all and i knew straight away that i'd struggle to keep it in my collection. So i'm all about the wow factor when unboxing and you know in that split second whether your amazed or let down...

Jay, i like it when you get fiesty! :yess: You tell em Jay!!!! :lecture

You are true in what you say, still cant believe that one of the collectors a few pages back completely repainted the whole thing :horror Dont get me wrong, although not to my liking, it was a great custom piant job but so soon??? I think he repainted it within a few days of recieiving it. I personally rate a statue on the instinctive and spontaneous feeling i get when unboxing it. For example, when i opened pieces like the Hulk PF and the Hulk Maquette i knew straight away when removing him from the packaging that i'd be blown away. If you can remember my reaction on how i described the Hulk Maquette when i sent that post after unboxing...it was something like...'This is a statue sent from the gods!' and thats how i really felt....and still do! However, when i opened say the Wolverine PF Exclusive then my initial reaction was not good at all and i knew straight away that i'd struggle to keep it in my collection. So i'm all about the wow factor when unboxing and you know in that split second whether your amazed or let down...

Yeah i get those feelings as well. As soon as i opened Ulton i knew it was a POS so it got sent back for a refund. He did a great job repainting it, but i wouldn't have that done to mine. Maybe the eyebrow but that's it.

Just saw this video review on Youtube. The volume seems a bit low but still cool.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytd4Iy02cJ4[/ame]

There is some noticable changes there....

i) Hair styles are different in both comparisons
i) Teeth on the Hulk we recieved look too clean for a Hulk. On the proto his teeth look like he needs a visit from the Dentist.
i) and finally the green paint application appears to be a slightly darker shade to the one they used for the official release...
i) eyebrows appear to be more level
i) lower lip on the proto is painted same colour green as skin whereas the one we recieved has the darkened glossy lower lip
i) whites of the eyes are more noticable on the proto

I think the one on the right looks better. I'm pumped for mine to arrive

Back