The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, how about The Yoddler. He is getting up and walking after all.

Looks like Disney is just calling it “The Child” 7B9C7B33-DB55-4A15-8357-25E68F858FDB.jpg

Don't know if anyone has posted this in here yet, but it's pretty hilarious.

View attachment 471688
The quick rundown is that the first tweet and subsequent reply are from a "feminist critic" regarding Mandalorian. Once she's told she's wrong, she proceeds to double down and play the victim instead of ya know just going "whoops. my mistake." She's put out several more tweets after the fact. All equally nonsensical.

Never mind the fact that she isn't just wrong, but the female character even seems to be this hideouts leader or at the very least well respected :cuckoo:

So she is assuming the Mandalorian identifies as male? How DARE SHE!! I don't think I recall the Mandalorian proclaiming their pronouns in the first 3 episodes. :lol

this chick is quite bitter and by the look of if she has nothing to do but ****** about stuff.

....and she's got all of you talking about it and giving her topic attention. Exactly what she wants.

Saying nothing is the best weapon.

No one's keeping score on who's "winning" the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be hypocritical of me to criticize the story group for the sequels yet unceremoniously praise the Mandolorian and Rogue One? Everything goes through them at one point.

Well yeah, thats exactly what many bordies seem to ignore.

You can not like part of Disney Wars, but to blame the heads of the divisions for it, then ignore them when praise is earned. It is disingenuous at best, hypocritical at worst.

Then hand pick certain people to praise ? Its obvious that certain Lucasfilm members will never get credit for anything good, even it was revealed that they actually ghost wrote ESB.

We have seen fills bash storygroup members solely based on the way their office looked, and they way they looked.

Yet, for those keeping count, Lucas himself has a similar record for SW films than DIS (subjective of course.)
He really only made 2 great films. The rest range from passable to utter trash.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Okay the logistics of the tracking fobs were bugging me to the point that I had to see what people were saying about them elsewhere. Apparently they have an extremely limited range and only work within a few miles (5, 10, whatever) of their quarry which is why hunters are given last known coordinates so that they can investigate and hopefully get close enough for the fob to kick in.

I'll take it.

....and she's got all of you talking about it and giving her topic attention. Exactly what she wants.

Making cracks about sandwiches and getting laid is precisely the kind of response that validates her execution.

I have zero problem with the basic premise of her position (representation) and considerable problems with her flawed execution.

But responding to it with garden-variety misogyny and remarks on her needing to get laid give her and people like her the high ground.

And we all know how that ends.

Are you really comparing this to a subpar cartoon that got cancelled due to nobody watching it?

The "baby Yoda" was born with force powers and has spent 50 years so far SLOWLY learning how to use them, the best he can do is lift a creature for about 20 seconds and then pass out, plus as far as we know his parents could of been training him up to the point he was abducted... then you have Rey, no signs of force powers and then all of a sudden a light switch flips and she's a Jedi Master, It's not even comparable IMO... The only way the Rey story can be saved is if she's a programed clone with force powers to activate under certain conditions... but from the interviews from Abrams it kind of sounds like her powers are meant to be natural, so if that's the case it's just kind of sad that a writer would trivialize the force so badly...

I hope baby Yoda is female......

Cause it already apparent most people think its fine ?little Ani? could somehow be the best pod racer in the galaxy (as a slave) and fly star fighters hes never seen before.

Rey , not so much. They are literally the SAME character in TFA.

Okay the logistics of the tracking fobs were bugging me to the point that I had to see what people were saying about them elsewhere. Apparently they have an extremely limited range and only work within a few miles (5, 10, whatever) of their quarry which is why hunters are given last known coordinates so that they can investigate and hopefully get close enough for the fob to kick in.

I'll take it.

Good thing they?re all on the same street lol

Well yeah, thats exactly what many bordies seem to ignore.

You can not like part of Disney Wars, but to blame the heads of the divisions for it, then ignore them when praise is earned. It is disingenuous at best, hypocritical at worst.

Then hand pick certain people to praise ? Its obvious that certain Lucasfilm members will never get credit for anything good, even it was revealed that they actually ghost wrote ESB.

We have seen fills bash storygroup members solely based on the way their office looked, and they way they looked.

Yet, for those keeping count, Lucas himself has a similar record for SW films than DIS (subjective of course.)
He really only made 2 great films. The rest range from passable to utter trash.

Are you saying Kennedy ghost wrote The Empire Strikes Back? That's the first I've ever heard of that... So Lucas basically ripped off Kennedy and took full credit for for it?

As for Mandalorian, it's already been pointed out that Jon Favreau pretty much wrote the entire first season before he even went to Lucasfilms, so why should Kennedy get credit for it?

Add to that the fact that he's going to have to mature really damn quick in the next 50 years since we know that Yoda was *training Jedi* at around 100 years old. Unless the baby was in some sort of stasis during much of that 50 years, the aging/maturity process of this species would seem pretty inconsistent and difficult to understand. The explanation might very well be given in this series later, but it is a bit confusing for now.

The points that TaliBane made about the Jawas are the same thoughts and questions I had too, from knowing that this wasn't Tatooine. But you and TaliBane both know, as I know, why they were presented in the same familiar way (sandcrawler and all) on a different planet (yet also very familiar): nostalgia. Plain and simple.

What the fan reaction to The Mandalorian has reinforced for me (and what Favreau knew more clearly than Disney) is that to make the highest percentage of them satisfied, you've gotta feed them tons of nostalgia. Give them as much familiarity with their childhoods as possible, and worry about explaining discrepancies later.

This show is giving people Boba Fett without calling him that. Giving them Yoda, but as a baby. Giving them Jawas and a sandcrawler. Old school stormtroopers. Carbon freezing (with the exact same type of slab! :lol). Tatooine . . . but not called "Tatooine." And it's all making fans very happy.

Some of it makes little sense to me in this post-ROTJ, non-Tatooine planet, but it doesn't matter. For example, carbon freezing was *tested* on Bespin in ESB, and it took a huge facility to do it. Six years later, a bounty hunter who is short on funds has a carbon freezing chamber *built into his ship.* Doesn't seem to bother anyone (and it probably shouldn't).

The carbon freezing thing (much like "off-world Jawas") can be explained away with fan theories and hand waving. But there are legitimate plot points in this series that make little to no sense whatsoever and are still being ignored by the same fanbase that has been greedily picking nits for the last couple of years. IMO, that's all because of the heavy dose of nostalgia being served up here.

This has been a very interesting and eye-opening experience to sit back and analyze fan reaction.

Sir this is poetry, but since most fans do not care about their base reactions, its mostly pissing in the wind.

Your talking about a fan base that has been happy watching the same films for 30+ years.

?Abe: I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.? Abe Simpson.

I hope baby Yoda is female......

Cause it already apparent most people think its fine ?little Ani? could somehow be the best pod racer in the galaxy (as a slave) and fly star fighters hes never seen before.

Rey , not so much. They are literally the SAME character in TFA.

So being able to drive mechanical vehicles is the same as being an instant Jedi Master... In the prequels it's pretty much implied that Anakin had to go through training at the Jedi Acadamy...

As for people calling the baby a he, it's probably because Yoda was male and we keep calling it Baby Yoda... If Yoda had been female we would probably be calling the baby a she... But I know it's more fun to imply sexism every chance you can...

Then hand pick certain people to praise ? Its obvious that certain Lucasfilm members will never get credit for anything good,

If you can't understand that completely different people are responsible for The Mandalorian and TLJ based on the content of the media viewed then you are either being purposely obtuse or are a complete idiot.

If you can't understand that completely different people are responsible for The Mandalorian and TLJ based on the content of the media viewed then you are either being purposely obtuse or are a complete idiot.

True, it's obvious that the creative talent (Favreau, Rian Johnson, JJ) is different, but I think his point was that KK likely had a say in the hiring of all of them. Now IDK, maybe she influenced content in the ST to its detriment and is more hands off with The Mandalorian. I'm not privy to that information.

True, it's obvious that the creative talent (Favreau, Rian Johnson, JJ) is different, but I think his point was that KK likely had a say in the hiring of all of them. Now IDK, maybe she influenced content in the ST to its detriment and is more hands off with The Mandalorian. I'm not privy to that information.

You honestly believe that Kennedy willfully hired Favreau? That Feige is in the house because KK invited him? Get real, Disney suits above KK placed them there to clean up the mess Kennedy has made of Star Wars. It just doesn't make sense to dismiss her until after episode 9.

You honestly believe that Kennedy willfully hired Favreau? That Feige is in the house because KK invited him? Get real, Disney suits above KK placed them there to clean up the mess Kennedy has made of Star Wars. It just doesn't make sense to dismiss her until after episode 9.

I agree here totally.

I'd also say that KK wouldn't have initiated anything with Filoni being involved in live action, as he's from "TV animation".

That was Faverau stepping in and knowing Filoni is the right creative guy no matter his background. Them knowing each other also helped of course.

Well, I honestly thought that initial development on The Mandalorian & Favreau's hiring was prior to all the TLJ backlash, but I just checked and he was hired in March 2018 so it was just afterward. So you may be correct, but it seems odd to me that KK would sit idly by while her power was stripped away. In the world we live in today this would have already leaked and been a huge social media ***** storm, regardless of any NDAs that may have been signed.

Back