The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but it's pretty popular opinion that Disney doesn't want KK to be any sort of scapegoat. She has too long a history in Hollywood. Plus Disney doesnt need those negative headlines either.

They'll let her finish the trilogy and gracefully step away. The succession plan is already becoming more visible with the Marvel A-team becoming more involved.

I mean no one really should wish her bad. She was chosen by George. But things didn't go the right way for George. It was his plan to remain involved creatively but not run the whole show. But Bob and JJ didn't want to run it that way.

Anyway listen to Rebel Force Radio and their excellent timeline on how all this went down, or read Bob Igers biography. It's all there.

Well, I honestly thought that initial development on The Mandalorian & Favreau's hiring was prior to all the TLJ backlash, but I just checked and he was hired in March 2018 so it was just afterward. So you may be correct, but it seems odd to me that KK would sit idly by while her power was stripped away. In the world we live in today this would have already leaked and been a huge social media ***** storm, regardless of any NDAs that may have been signed.

Interesting. I would have thought that Mando got greenlit after Solo bombed and they scrapped all stand-alone films. We know that Obi-Wan's movie got downgraded to TV as a result and I assumed that the Josh Trank/James Mangold Fett film just got repurposed as The Mandalorian. Or maybe Favreau was going to do something else and when the Fett film finally did get cancelled he said "ooh, can I do that one then?" Who knows.

Now IDK, maybe she influenced content in the ST to its detriment and is more hands off with The Mandalorian.

It's common knowledge that Kennedy and Johnson are extremely tight. They have stood shoulder to shoulder throughout the entire TLJ ****storm. Johnson has even openly admitted to accommodating stuff that KK wanted into the film.

I hope baby Yoda is female......

Cause it already apparent most people think its fine ?little Ani? could somehow be the best pod racer in the galaxy (as a slave) and fly star fighters hes never seen before.

I never bought that. It was one of the Trifecta Stupidities that started Star Wars down the idiots path.

Trifecta #1: Jar-Jar jive

Trifecta #2: The Fart

Trifecta #3: Ani pilot

Well I get the impression that there aren't that many of them in the first place since other than Yaddle no other "Yodas" were ever shown even in the alien-packed PT. I don't think they even had their own spot in the Senate.

And I know we call him "Baby Yoda" but as mentioned he could still walk and catch live food.

I call him Yodel in honor of Yoda and Yaddle

I never bought that. It was one of the Trifecta Stupidities that started Star Wars down the idiots path.

Trifecta #1: Jar-Jar jive

Trifecta #2: The Fart

Trifecta #3: Ani pilot

But didn't he wreck the pod in the previous race? Also, his destruction of the Federation control ship was more of an accident than skill.

Geez. I can't believe I'm defending Anakin and the PT... :monkey4

But didn't he wreck the pod in the previous race? Also, his destruction of the Federation control ship was more of an accident than skill.

Geez. I can't believe I'm defending Anakin and the PT... :monkey4

You are absolutely right though. They were hardly insanely skilled feats. More like blundering successes :lol

Rey was not only pulling mind tricks on people while being a lightsaber master. She flew the Falcon, an extremely temperamental ship even in the hands of Han Solo, with extreme ease. The two are not even in the same ballpark of initial skill.

I think the Ennio Morricone homages which is most of it are 85-90% perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Absolutely! There are just these little occasional moments where it tries to sound epic and heroic that it?s just so jarring to my ears.

You are absolutely right though. They were hardly insanely skilled feats. More like blundering successes :lol

Rey was not only pulling mind tricks on people while being a lightsaber master. She flew the Falcon, an extremely temperamental ship even in the hands of Han Solo, with extreme ease. The two are not even in the same ballpark of initial skill.

Sorry , Little Ani was what? 9?

Building a car, racing it, then flying an airplane at 9??? Bumbling into destroying the station??? Gimme a break, at 9 he should not have even been able to figure out any of that. Especially considering he was suppose to be a slave...

I know you guys hate ST, but try not to defend that position with stupid comparisons.

Rey is 19. We are led to assume she has been unconsciously been using the force in some ways by her scavenging. She only ?wakes? to it later in TFA. In the novel it clearly states she flys the ship in the junk yard for her captor.

She obviously know something about ships and flying as she pilots a land speeder (at 19) and knows the parts of the ship inside out from scavenging.

I have a much easier time believing a 19 year old scrapper could fly a ship, over a 9 year old SLAVE. They both had force powers too, so that sorta cancels out.

In the end, when Rey is shown to be whom she is, all this will make total sense. Of course , that will not matter to anyone who wants her to be some female torch bearer, they will see what they want, regardless of total and complete explanations of her abilities.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If you can't understand that completely different people are responsible for The Mandalorian and TLJ based on the content of the media viewed then you are either being purposely obtuse or are a complete idiot.

Anyone who thinks they can tell whats going on at the top of the one of the most powerful companies in the world from their armchair is not only an idiot, but seriously delusional and projecting.

Sorry , Little Ani was what? 9?

Building a car, racing it, then flying an airplane at 9??? Bumbling into destroying the station??? Gimme a break, at 9 he should not have even been able to figure out any of that. Especially considering he was suppose to be a slave...

I know you guys hate ST, but try not to defend that position with stupid comparisons.

Rey is 19. We are led to assume she has been unconsciously been using the force in some ways by her scavenging. She only ?wakes? to it later in TFA. In the novel it clearly states she flys the ship in the junk yard for her captor.

She obviously know something about ships and flying as she pilots a land speeder (at 19) and knows the parts of the ship inside out from scavenging.

I have a much easier time believing a 19 year old scrapper could fly a ship, over a 9 year old SLAVE. They both had force powers too, so that sorta cancels out.

In the end, when Rey is shown to be whom she is, all this will make total sense. Of course , that will not matter to anyone who wants her to be some female torch bearer, they will see what they want, regardless of total and complete explanations of her abilities.

Much anger I sense in you... :peace

About little Ani...
Granted, I am a PT apologist, but let me see if I can put forth good arguments.

The kid is the chosen one. We know that from the start. IIRC, it's in the trailers (just checked, it is). So, as a moviegoer, anything he does has that little bit of information going for him. Not to mention old Ben's comments in ANH about him being generally awesome. So you go into the movie understanding that little Ani is special. On top of that (being a slave) little Ani works in a junkyard, repairing and preparing all kinds of devices, machines and ships. On top of that, all through his introduction in the movie he is shown to be skilled at building things (C-3PO, his own Pod Racer) and commended for being the only "human" who can race those things. So throughout the build up to this movie, and during said movie, we have been led to expect little Ani to have special skills. On top of that (as has been mentioned before) he pretty much blunders into destroying the droid army.
So, actually, it is quite easy to accept his feats.

Poor Rey had none of that.
Little Ani is a skilled pod racer who accidentally launches into battle in a single seater fighter, is aided by a combat veteran Astro-Mech unit and by sheer luck (almost getting killed) gets off a "one in a million" shot that destroys the command ship.
Rey is a scavenger who rides a speeder, is not known to have any special technical or piloting skills, who jumps into SW's version of a two-man cargo/fighter-bomber and just immediately masters it (sure, there's a few dicey moments, but comen on...).

You bring up the novel, but I would argue that that is irrelevant, as you shouldn't have to read a book to understand a movie.
Also, you imply that knowing how to fly a speeder qualifies Rey to fly the frigging Millenium Falcon, but building and piloting a pod racer does not qualify (the chosen one force sensitive) Anakin to fly a single seater (on auto-pilot for most of the way) with the help of an Astro-Mech droid? Where's the logic in that? :dunno
You also state that we are led to assume Rey has been using the Force while scavenging -and this is not a rhetorical question, as I don't remember that- but when or how were we led to assume that?

You say that, in the end, when Rey is shown to be who she is, it all will make sense... that may be so, but I'm not sure that works stretched out over three movies. I think that, regarding Rey, the damage is done. I don't think she was written well enough to give her a pass on past sins. And I'm not a Rey hater. I just think she wasn't very well written. Like the ST so far...

So being able to drive mechanical vehicles is the same as being an instant Jedi Master... In the prequels it's pretty much implied that Anakin had to go through training at the Jedi Acadamy...

As for people calling the baby a he, it's probably because Yoda was male and we keep calling it Baby Yoda... If Yoda had been female we would probably be calling the baby a she... But I know it's more fun to imply sexism every chance you can...

I?m pretty sure the doctor called it a he when it was on the scanning table in episode 3.

Much anger I sense in you... :peace

About little Ani...
Granted, I am a PT apologist, but let me see if I can put forth good arguments.

The kid is the chosen one. We know that from the start. IIRC, it's in the trailers (just checked, it is). So, as a moviegoer, anything he does has that little bit of information going for him. Not to mention old Ben's comments in ANH about him being generally awesome. So you go into the movie understanding that little Ani is special. On top of that (being a slave) little Ani works in a junkyard, repairing and preparing all kinds of devices, machines and ships. On top of that, all through his introduction in the movie he is shown to be skilled at building things (C-3PO, his own Pod Racer) and commended for being the only "human" who can race those things. So throughout the build up to this movie, and during said movie, we have been led to expect little Ani to have special skills. On top of that (as has been mentioned before) he pretty much blunders into destroying the droid army.
So, actually, it is quite easy to accept his feats.

Poor Rey had none of that.
Little Ani is a skilled pod racer who accidentally launches into battle in a single seater fighter, is aided by a combat veteran Astro-Mech unit and by sheer luck (almost getting killed) gets off a "one in a million" shot that destroys the command ship.
Rey is a scavenger who rides a speeder, is not known to have any special technical or piloting skills, who jumps into SW's version of a two-man cargo/fighter-bomber and just immediately masters it (sure, there's a few dicey moments, but comen on...).

You bring up the novel, but I would argue that that is irrelevant, as you shouldn't have to read a book to understand a movie.
Also, you imply that knowing how to fly a speeder qualifies Rey to fly the frigging Millenium Falcon, but building and piloting a pod racer does not qualify (the chosen one force sensitive) Anakin to fly a single seater (on auto-pilot for most of the way) with the help of an Astro-Mech droid? Where's the logic in that? :dunno
You also state that we are led to assume Rey has been using the Force while scavenging -and this is not a rhetorical question, as I don't remember that- but when or how were we led to assume that?

You say that, in the end, when Rey is shown to be who she is, it all will make sense... that may be so, but I'm not sure that works stretched out over three movies. I think that, regarding Rey, the damage is done. I don't think she was written well enough to give her a pass on past sins. And I'm not a Rey hater. I just think she wasn't very well written. Like the ST so far...

Was going to respond, but you just about covered it here.

In short, Anakin the chosen one --> "uh durr spinning is a good trick."

Rey the ???---->"bout to end this tie fighter pilot's whole career with a 720 engine off backflip in the Falcon and a dude whose first experience as a turret gunner was an hour ago."

Ah well now that my daughter is a teen who spends almost all of her time on her smartphone and hanging out with friends she's moving away from SW.

She watched a bit of Mando and was gaga for Baby Yoda "oh that's who all the memes are about!" but otherwise didn't seem too impressed. "Why does he sound like Batman? He just walks around and retrieves people? That's it?" Sigh, lol.

My 10 year old boy loves it though, I even caught him humming the theme song (yes the Rocky bit, I'm actually finding it kind of catchy too, lol.) :yess:

Good job for Luke the controls in a T-16 were similar to an X-Wing, because blowing up a Death Star, and being the only survivor alongside Wedge and some unknown Y-Wing pilot is pretty impressive. Also did a good job with the onboard Falcon guns for a farm-boy..

Good job for Luke the controls in a T-16 were similar to an X-Wing, because blowing up a Death Star, and being the only survivor alongside Wedge and some unknown Y-Wing pilot is pretty impressive. Also did a good job with the onboard Falcon guns for a farm-boy..

Luke had already been referenced several times prior in the film at having become a "pretty good pilot himself".

As falcon gunner he was fairly impressed with himself with having got a single tie fighter. Likely because shooting from ship you're not flying is more difficult than one you are controlling, but he was hardly an all star at that.

This is again up against Rey's zero experience and amazing prodigy skills at just about everything.

Next...

Looks like Disney is just calling it ?The Child?View attachment 471694

s4e29hN.jpg

:naughty

Anyone who thinks they can tell whats going on at the top of the one of the most powerful companies in the world from their armchair is not only an idiot, but seriously delusional and projecting.

Because only an idiot would draw reasonable conclusions based on real world occurrences and information.

Back