The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having a blast with it.
Spoiler Spoiler:
This game is really making me want some 1/6 Gears by HT or Sideshow.

Absolutely. Neca has been doing so well with it, so it seems to be pretty lucrative from a figure making stand point.

Come on HT/SS.

I wonder if Neca has the exclusive rights to figures. hmmm.

Just finished campaign 10 mins ago. Overall I'm pretty satisfied.

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler Spoiler:
Still over all this game was great.

Passed out cold with the controller in hand. That's how my wife found me at 1am. :rotfl

I was so damn tired from waking up at 5am and working all day. I will have to play some of it over again because I kept nodding off during some of the cut scenes. What a great night and fantastic game! :rock

Passed out cold with the controller in hand. That's how my wife found me at 1am. :rotfl

I was so damn tired from waking up at 5am and working all day. I will have to play some of it over again because I kept nodding off during some of the cut scenes. What a great night and fantastic game! :rock

It has GOTY written all over it.
At least until Skyrim releases.

It has GOTY written all over it.
At least until Skyrim releases.

You got that right. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. However, after years of waiting it looks like they polished it to perfection. Not saying the other Gears games are bad by any means. It's just they finally took the time to do what they needed to do to make it perfect. Loving it! :hi5:

I got the EE and the Gears Console. The following is the swag I got...

Tuque
T-Shirt
Curb Stomp Kit (Little Tin with Bandages)
Steelbook Case

I kept all of the above. The codes I got where...

Adam Fenix Character DLC x 2
Infected Omen Weapon Skins x 2
Mechanic Baird Character DLC x 2

I kept true to what I said I was going to do and didn't falter even though I was very tempted :lol but I sold all 6 DLC codes on eBay and my total before eBay/Paypal fees was $115.92.

You got that right. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. However, after years of waiting it looks like they polished it to perfection. Not saying the other Gears games are bad by any means. It's just they finally took the time to do what they needed to do to make it perfect. Loving it! :hi5:

:rock:rock

I started at around 3PM on Tuesday afternoon and finished at about 5AM on Wednesday morning with some small breaks in between. I played on the Casual mode so I could get through the story easily and I absolutely loved it. Bravo Epic and Karen Traviss. :bow

PS. My eyes hurt and I'm tired. :sleep :lol

...Anybody get the epic edition? How's the Marcus statue?

For what you pay for it (I figure it's about a $60 price point), it's awesome! The sculpt/cast & paint is very nice but the plastic/rubber toy dolly smell leaves a lot to be desired. :lol It certainly doesn't match the sensation you get when cracking open a Sideshow statue with that beautiful polystone smell but then you're looking at about 4 times the cost. So basically, I looks awesome in my Detolf cabinet, just don't open the front door and take a deep breath. :fart :lol

I like the improvements over the second game very much. I only played the first level last night so I don't know what else to expect until I get more time in, but Epic really pulled a 180 from the last game (Besides the campaign story, I hated everything about 2).

You can tell they had a "real" writer write it.

The narative techniques she uses just within the first two acts already has me thinking this is going to be the best story of the trilogy.

The flag that comes with the LE & EE fits nicely in a Detolf. I have it displayed behind my Dom statue.

domflag.jpg

Between work and a personal issue, I have no idea if I will get my copy picked up even in the next few days.

Back