The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want to drink a protein shake before or after a workout?

Doesn't matter as long as I get my protein through each meal 6 times a day.

I would think the meal after wards is easiest because I don't really feel like eating after a workout.

edit: usually my second and fifth meal are shakes though.

Doesn't matter as long as I get my protein through each meal 6 times a day.

I would think the meal after wards is easiest because I don't really feel like eating after a workout.

edit: usually my second and fifth meal are shakes though.

You the man! :rock

today_10.jpg

so far...

I always have my shake right after working out. I hate working out on a full stomach and always feel bloated when I do. I try not to eat for an hour or so before hitting the gym.

Hey Ski,
should the Protein intake always be higher than the Carbs intake?
If so, how much of a % or grams approximately?

Good question, well it depends on what you are wanting to do. If you want to build I would say that the ratio of macros can be something like 40/40/20 P/C/F

but... if you were cutting then I would lower carbs considerably. I'm on a meal plan with 40P, 10C, 10F exception being my morning meal which has 25 grams of carbs and my last two meals will have 5 grams of carbs.

Of course my cut program is more like a pre-contest diet though so the numbers might be a little higher on your end but I think you get the idea.

IMO, I think carb tapering and cycle is a bodybuilding or weight loss secret. Not many people go through the trouble of tapering meals while the day is going in the later hours or even eat clean for that matter. I think it only makes sense to use carbs sparingly and key periods throughout the day in order perform properly. If carbs were taking late at night you can run the risk of excess carbs not being used and then being stored as fat.

I find eating anything I fancy and then shooting a mix of Dianabol, Deca and some primabolin work a treat.

Nah, I see youngsters training at my place then smoking themselves silly on the way out, they'll die before me.

Nah, I see youngsters training at my place then smoking themselves silly on the way out, they'll die before me.

Funny you say that there's a group of teens that go outside my Gold's and hang out at their cars and just smoke away. I'm like com'on you can't be serious, you are working out for what purpose then?!

I just shake my head, oh well they do what they do.

Good question, well it depends on what you are wanting to do. If you want to build I would say that the ratio of macros can be something like 40/40/20 P/C/F

but... if you were cutting then I would lower carbs considerably. I'm on a meal plan with 40P, 10C, 10F exception being my morning meal which has 25 grams of carbs and my last two meals will have 5 grams of carbs.

Of course my cut program is more like a pre-contest diet though so the numbers might be a little higher on your end but I think you get the idea.

IMO, I think carb tapering and cycle is a bodybuilding or weight loss secret. Not many people go through the trouble of tapering meals while the day is going in the later hours or even eat clean for that matter. I think it only makes sense to use carbs sparingly and key periods throughout the day in order perform properly. If carbs were taking late at night you can run the risk of excess carbs not being used and then being stored as fat.

Thanks dude,
I'm mostly trying to loose weight...

My daily average for the past 3 weeks has been:
-1,500 Calories,
-200 g of Carbs,
-55 g Protein,
-65 g Fat

But I'd like to increase the Protein intake and lower the carbs a little bit...
I'm a vegetarian so that kind of makes things a little tricky...

Wow, yea your right you really need to get that protein way up. (almost a gram a lb of body weight of slightly below)

A really low protein diet can produce some side effects if you are not careful.

Back