The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put raw oats in a magic bullet with a banana, 1 scoop protien and half glass of skim milk, taste like ass but fills you up.

Awesome work Bam!! :rock!!!
Wow!! 16?
I've only managed to do 8lbs, :monkey2
I'll follow Ski's advice and try harder...

BTW, I'm gonna start doing this workout called Insanity...
it's a 60 day program and looks well... INSANE!
:lol
I'll start probably in 3 weeks, as soon as I'm done with the current program I'm doing... let's see how that goes!

Last edited:
Can anybody recommend a good brand of Almonds. I have been getting the Planters Nutrition kind and I think they put too much salt on them which I know is a :nono

question for someone in thhe know,when you do exercise and the muscles are sore the next day should you take a break or carry on as you did the day before?

also should you do any stretching exercises before doing exercise for the upper body?

thanks for any help!

I love the next day soreness. Make me feel good.

I don't tend to work the same body part the next day... but I do work out something ....

Can anybody recommend a good brand of Almonds. I have been getting the Planters Nutrition kind and I think they put too much salt on them which I know is a :nono

You can buy them unsalted and in bulk from health stores or from your local grocery. I tend to pig out on them. Good with salad, too!:drool

Sorry man, but I have the Henry Rollins approach/mentality with working out....."Just start working out and don't look in the mirror for a couple months...when you finally do, you'll have one heck of a revelation."

thats a great approach. Mainly cause once you actually SEE significant progress, thats huge motivation to keep going.
if you look everyday, it will be so gradual you wont notice as much unless you have photos to reflect on.... :monkey1

question for someone in thhe know,when you do exercise and the muscles are sore the next day should you take a break or carry on as you did the day before?

also should you do any stretching exercises before doing exercise for the upper body?

thanks for any help!

Well that depends on how many days during the week you work out. 3days on, 1 day off, or every other day? You should definitely stretch before every workout but after you warm up to get the blood flowing and the cardio up, let your body know that it's about to start. Don't just change and start bench pressing or squating. Shoulders really need to be warmed up because of so many tiny supporting muscles beneath the pectoral muscles.

Well that depends on how many days during the week you work out. 3days on, 1 day off, or every other day? You should definitely stretch before every workout but after you warm up to get the blood flowing and the cardio up, let your body know that it's about to start. Don't just change and start bench pressing or squating. Shoulders really need to be warmed up because of so many tiny supporting muscles beneath the pectoral muscles.
thanks grphyx1,thats very good to know.

much appreciated!:cool:

thats a great approach. Mainly cause once you actually SEE significant progress, thats huge motivation to keep going.
if you look everyday, it will be so gradual you wont notice as much unless you have photos to reflect on.... :monkey1

Yeah and I totally agree with it. Also, I try not to weigh myself but every other week. I find if I jump on the scale every day it just annoys me when I'm only losing a half pound here or a half pound there.

Yeah and I totally agree with it. Also, I try not to weigh myself but every other week. I find if I jump on the scale every day it just annoys me when I'm only losing a half pound here or a half pound there.

Same here.....i hide my scale so I won't get tempted....I put it in high places so it's harder for me to get it since I'm a shorty.:lol

Well last night I finally went to Gold's gym! It was an awesome experience! I did what u guys said, which was to get in my zone and don't feel intimidated by the meat heads. To my surprise there was no haggling from trainers and the meat heads weren't even looking at anyone...they too where in their zone.

The gym had a great balance of people trying to lose weight, older people trying to stay active and beefcakes.

And the general manager was crazy awesome....he made fun of me a couple times cuz I got on a couple weight lifting machines backwards.:monkey3

Glad to hear you had a good experience bam. Hope to make it there tonight and keep it moving.

Keep it going Bam.

How goes the diet ?

Glad to hear you had a good experience bam. Hope to make it there tonight and keep it moving.

Keep it going Bam.

How goes the diet ?

The diet is going pretty well...altho...it's been kinda hard for me to buy groceries since unfortunately healthy foods are expensive. So what I have been doing til I can restock (friday...pay day) is eating the foods I already have in my house that aren't that healthy, like pasta, white rice, red meats, etc...but in small portions.

I know it's not the best thing...but I gotta eat.:huh

Congrats Bam! :duff

I don't know if its because I have deprived myself of bad foods for a couple years but last night I had a food dream.:lol I was in a restaurant and brought my own pizza/burgers with me as well as what they cooked, and on the way home I stopped at Sonic. :wacky

The diet is going pretty well...altho...it's been kinda hard for me to buy groceries since unfortunately healthy foods are expensive. So what I have been doing til I can restock (friday...pay day) is eating the foods I already have in my house that aren't that healthy, like pasta, white rice, red meats, etc...but in small portions.

I know it's not the best thing...but I gotta eat.:huh

Bam don't they have Farmers Markets in FL? I live in the center city philadelphia, and maybe I take for granted that we have this huge Amish market 3 blocks from my place. Every weekend I stock up on all me veggies, turkey, chicken, etc... usually runs me about $40 but it last a whole week. so if you check maybe you can get things cheaper. a Few chicken breast, open up a can of diced tomatos, some fresh basil, salt and pepper, YUMMOS! Lunch for at least two to three days

Back