The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onion juice triples testosterone levels

Think of a dirt-cheap vegetable you can buy at every greengrocers and supermarket. Put it in a juicer, give the juice to rats for three weeks, and watch their testosterone level rise by 314 percent. According to research done at Tabriz University in Iran, fresh onion juice raises testosterone levels as much as substances like nolvadex or clomid.
<table align="left" cellpadding="14" cellspacing="4"> <tbody><tr><td align="center">
quercetin.gif

isorhamnetin.gif

ui.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
In Iran many men who have fertility problems can’t afford to buy medicine. That’s why Iranian researchers are looking for alternatives to medicines like NAC and selenium. Studies show that antioxidants can increase production of testosterone and sperm in the testes. Studies have also shown that onions contain strong antioxidants. So the researchers put two and two together and bought ordinary onions – Latin name Allium cepa – on the market. They peeled the onions and put them in a domestic juicer made by Tefal. The juice they got is what they used in their trials.

Their subjects were a group of 8-week-old male rats. Of these, 10 were given ordinary food for 20 days. [Control] Ten other rats got 0.5 g per kg bodyweight of onion <table align="right" cellpadding="14" cellspacing="24"><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-7117181179885591"; /* ergolog verticaal */ google_ad_slot = "1755438250"; google_ad_width = 120; google_ad_height = 600; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script><script>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</script><ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 600px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 120px;"><ins style="display: block; border: medium none; height: 600px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 120px;"><iframe allowtransparency="true" hspace="0" id="google_ads_frame2" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="google_ads_frame" src="https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-7117181179885591&output=html&h=600&slotname=1755438250&w=120&lmt=1267137014&flash=10.0.32&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ergo-log.com%2Fonionjuice.html&dt=1268431781738&prev_slotnames=1989411849&correlator=1268431781647&frm=0&ga_vid=2083356152.1268431782&ga_sid=1268431782&ga_hid=335766855&ga_fc=0&u_tz=-360&u_his=50&u_java=1&u_h=1024&u_w=1280&u_ah=976&u_aw=1280&u_cd=24&u_nplug=21&u_nmime=148&biw=1259&bih=811&fu=0&ifi=2&dtd=6&xpc=esDUXjU6qM&p=http%3A//www.ergo-log.com" style="left: 0pt; position: absolute; top: 0pt;" vspace="0" width="120" frameborder="0" height="600" scrolling="no"></iframe></ins></ins>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-7117181179885591"; /* ergolog verticaal */ google_ad_slot = "1755438250"; google_ad_width = 120; google_ad_height = 600; //--> </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script><script>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</script><ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 600px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 120px;"><ins style="display: block; border: medium none; height: 600px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 120px;"><iframe allowtransparency="true" hspace="0" id="google_ads_frame3" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="google_ads_frame" src="https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-7117181179885591&output=html&h=600&slotname=1755438250&w=120&lmt=1267137014&flash=10.0.32&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ergo-log.com%2Fonionjuice.html&dt=1268431781841&prev_slotnames=1989411849%2C1755438250&correlator=1268431781647&frm=0&ga_vid=2083356152.1268431782&ga_sid=1268431782&ga_hid=335766855&ga_fc=0&u_tz=-360&u_his=50&u_java=1&u_h=1024&u_w=1280&u_ah=976&u_aw=1280&u_cd=24&u_nplug=21&u_nmime=148&biw=1259&bih=811&fu=0&ifi=3&dtd=8&xpc=ee8OPHfTzZ&p=http%3A//www.ergo-log.com" style="left: 0pt; position: absolute; top: 0pt;" vspace="0" width="120" frameborder="0" height="600" scrolling="no"></iframe></ins></ins>
</td></tr></tbody></table> juice, which was pumped into their stomachs using a tube. Another 10 rats were given the same treatment, but got 1 g/kg bodyweight/day.

The table below shows that after 20 days the onion juice had improved the sperm quality and increased the concentration of LH, FSH and testosterone in the rats’ blood.

androonion.gif

androonion2.gif

Malondialdehyde is a mutagenic substance that is produced when free radicals damage the unsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes. The reduction in malondialdehyde concentrations that the researchers found indicates how the onion juice increases testosterone production: antioxidants in onion juice neutralise free radicals in the testes. The researchers suspect that the antioxidants in question are probably selenium compounds found in onions, and phenols such as quercetin and isorhamnetin [structural formulae shown above]. Isorhamnetin is also made in the body when enzymes convert quercetine with the help of S-adenosylmethionine.

The Iranian findings are not completely new. As long ago as 1967 an Egyptian researcher discovered that the testes of lab animals fed raw onion juice increase in size. At the moment there are quite a few animal studies which report that high doses of polyphenols like quercetin have a positive effect on the testes. But the effect of these is not as big as that of plain onion juice.

Source:
Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009 Feb; 68(1): 45-51.

You got to do it now and then Ringer. Having a cheat meal every now and then is actually not bad for you from what I have read as it makes your body think it needs to burn more calories after it gets used to dealing with a low calorie diet.

I am seeing the other surgeon today about getting my nose fixed. After it is fixed I can finally get back to working out with more aggression and I can play hockey again (after putting a face mask on).

Good luck King.

Feeling good after my week on the new work out. Can't wait for week two.

Hit it hard Bro!

I am eagerly waiting my workout after work today. It's going to consist of a 4 mile trail run and then working out using resistance bands.

Took this morning off as the body was not feeling it. I learned a long time ago to always listen to the body. Right now it feels like the right decision as I eat my Oatmeal and take my morning sups.

You got to do it now and then Ringer. Having a cheat meal every now and then is actually not bad for you from what I have read as it makes your body think it needs to burn more calories after it gets used to dealing with a low calorie diet.

I am seeing the other surgeon today about getting my nose fixed. After it is fixed I can finally get back to working out with more aggression and I can play hockey again (after putting a face mask on).

Good luck man! :duff

Get that cage on asap! :D

Hit it hard Bro!

I am eagerly waiting my workout after work today. It's going to consist of a 4 mile trail run and then working out using resistance bands.

Took this morning off as the body was not feeling it. I learned a long time ago to always listen to the body. Right now it feels like the right decision as I eat my Oatmeal and take my morning sups.

I am trying bro. I am on a three day split that feels good. Working higher reps to burn...

Lots of catching up to do, but I will do what I can to make it so.

I am trying bro. I am on a three day split that feels good. Working higher reps to burn...

Lots of catching up to do, but I will do what I can to make it so.

If you ever need a boost in the workout, I can always tell your wife that you spent a ton of $$$ on stuff and I wanted to confirm the sale :p

You'll be running for your life then :D

J/K Bro, I'd never do that, as it might end in death...

If you ever need a boost in the workout, I can always tell your wife that you spent a ton of $$$ on stuff and I wanted to confirm the sale :p

You'll be running for your life then :D

J/K Bro, I'd never do that, as it might end in death...

Head for zee hills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had some really nasty protein farts all day long. Had to go to the tax collector's to renew my plates and it was pure hell trying not to rip them out because I was afraid they'd sound like a dying elephant.

:rotfl
That is just great hairless.

Well the news is decent. I will have to have surgery if I ever want to use my left nostril again so it is next Tuesday. After that for 2 weeks I cannot do any workouts requiring heavy breathing. After all this crap is done I am going to be going hard core every day to make up for this.

Did a 2 1/2 trail run today in 80+ degree heat. Tried for 3 miles but the heat was too intense.

Going to try again tomorrow afternoon.

Well after losing the weight last year I'll admit that I haven't done ____. Haven't put anything back on, but I'm out of shape again. So next week I'll be starting P90X. Need something high intensity to get me back into my football mentality. I'll take the before and after shots to keep the thread updated on my progress.

Did a 2 1/2 trail run today in 80+ degree heat. Tried for 3 miles but the heat was too intense.

Going to try again tomorrow afternoon.

Wow NICE ! But dude, try to avoid the heat stroke ok !

Going in for Chest and Tri's today. Love it!

Back