The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jog and use the elliptical. For me I get a better post workout high from running. On the machine, I just don't get the same exhausted feeling nor do I feel like I just accomplished something.

And with jogging outside, I work more muscles than using the elliptical or treadmill.

Personally, I think it depends on the person.

That's why I went from the exercise bike to jogging, I never felt like I was achieving anything on the bike no matter how hard I pushed it, jogging leaves me feeling like a busted my ass and exhausted everything I've got when I'm done.

I'm up to 64lbs gone now, just 26 to go.

I've gotten better with the elliptical.....i remember when I couldn't even do 5 minutes on that thing...now I can do up to 45mins!!!! hope fully this week I can go a full hour!!!:rock

BTW...is using the elliptical equivalent to jogging??

the only thing equivalent to jogging is jogging. the elliptical is good on the knees and shins. The motion of machines are set for the ideal movement of the body while reducing the risk of injury. you still get a decent workout, you just can cut up a lot faster if you run outside but unless you are built for running your body will hate you in the long run.

Well almost three wks after knee surgery, and today I was able to stay on the bike for 12 minutes. that's better than 2 days ago when i could only do 3 minutes barely.

Just wanted to stop in and show u guys my gym!!!

photo-14.jpg

Is there something that I can take that works sorta like a supplement but that will accelerate the weight lost process and also give me more energy?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fbhQhzztDRk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fbhQhzztDRk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

But anyways, i usually cycle off the stuff as well, take a tub then take a few weeks off, so you don't get used to it.

Had an off day running today. I was aiming for 3 miles outdoors in uneven terrain but only managed 1.2. However I did increase that mile by 40 seconds so I can't complain too much and it was at a location that was not jogger friendly.

Tomorrow morning I will do 7.5 on the treadmill for a mile and a half and then hit the weights. Then tomorrow afternoon I will be back on the woodchip hilly trail.

Anyone make their own salad dressing? Care to share recipes, pretty please? I'm getting sick of those KRAPt salad dressings!:sick

NO NASTY INNUENDOS, PLEASE? I'm serious. Ktnxbye.

Well almost three wks after knee surgery, and today I was able to stay on the bike for 12 minutes. that's better than 2 days ago when i could only do 3 minutes barely.

ilove Gold's gym. go pound some hard iron Bam
yeah!!! blasting out my pecks!

But anyways, i usually cycle off the stuff as well, take a tub then take a few weeks off, so you don't get used to it.

I think I'll check this out once I lose more weight...then I can concentrate in toning up....just like what MaulFan is doing.
Thanx OS!
Awesome Bam, +1000 to BAM, the entrance just gets me pumped! :rock
PUMP YOU UP!!

untitled.jpg

Had an off day running today. I was aiming for 3 miles outdoors in uneven terrain but only managed 1.2. However I did increase that mile by 40 seconds so I can't complain too much and it was at a location that was not jogger friendly.

Tomorrow morning I will do 7.5 on the treadmill for a mile and a half and then hit the weights. Then tomorrow afternoon I will be back on the woodchip hilly trail.

Awesome!! Keep it up!

Anyone make their own salad dressing? Care to share recipes, pretty please? I'm getting sick of those KRAPt salad dressings!:sick

NO NASTY INNUENDOS, PLEASE? I'm serious. Ktnxbye.
check it out:
https://www.fatfree.com/recipes/dressings/

the only thing equivalent to jogging is jogging. the elliptical is good on the knees and shins. The motion of machines are set for the ideal movement of the body while reducing the risk of injury. you still get a decent workout, you just can cut up a lot faster if you run outside but unless you are built for running your body will hate you in the long run.

Well that counts me out. I was never built to run and it always up set me :(

Way to go bro, so glad to hear you are on your way.

You'll be dishing and diving through the aisles of Wizard World Philly before you know it.
:ROCK

Just wanted to stop in and show u guys my gym!!!

photo-14.jpg

Looks awesome Bam.

You my friend are a machine. Really proud of you bro.

My body hates me right now... LOL

Have aches inside my bones it feels like. Going to make sure my calcium levels are not too low. Still taking the Creatine, L-Glucosamine and L-Glutamine for recovery. Also making sure to get Whey protein in me daily.

Hoping this afternoons workout is a steady one. Deciding if I should change up the run by doing a mile at a fast pace then slow down the next mile and then increase again for the final mile. Or I may do it vice versa and start out slow then speed it up and then slow it down again.

Back