The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegan is not so bad. :huh

here's a few more:
https://hubpages.com/hub/Dressing

Nooooo!!! Bam, don't get her started!!! :horror

Well almost three wks after knee surgery, and today I was able to stay on the bike for 12 minutes. that's better than 2 days ago when i could only do 3 minutes barely.

Great job!! :rock!!!

:lol:lol

I'd like to hear the whole story behind that one!

:lol:lol

BTW, I hopped on the treadmill yesterday and did 1.75 miles!!
I don't think I've ever run that much in my life!!! :lol:lol
I have to do this a couple of times again this week, and then
2 miles next week!

I'm also 2 sessions shy of finishing the pushup/crunches/squats program!! :rock!!

I jog and use the elliptical. For me I get a better post workout high from running. On the machine, I just don't get the same exhausted feeling nor do I feel like I just accomplished something.

And with jogging outside, I work more muscles than using the elliptical or treadmill.

Personally, I think it depends on the person.

I think it depends on your shoes A LOT more than people think. Your shins and joints will kill after 5+ k on pavement if you don't have the right equipment. Investing in a good, dedicated running shoe is absolutely key from my experience. Night and day. It also takes your body a good month or two to build your running muscles so don't write yourself off if running kicks your ass at the start. Stay with it and you will see results. I've gone from 215 to 155 on just jogging cardio.

Watch out, you may just become addicted to runners high too. The endorphins blasting through the body is too amazing. And the amount of mental stress that peels away when you run just cements that running is something all humans should do. We were designed to run. :rock

I think it depends on your shoes A LOT more than people think. Your shins and joints will kill after 5+ k on pavement if you don't have the right equipment. Investing in a good, dedicated running shoe is absolutely key from my experience. Night and day. It also takes your body a good month or two to build your running muscles so don't write yourself off if running kicks your ass at the start. Stay with it and you will see results. I've gone from 215 to 155 on just jogging cardio.

Watch out, you may just become addicted to runners high too. The endorphins blasting through the body is too amazing. And the amount of mental stress that peels away when you run just cements that running is something all humans should do. We were designed to run. :rock

Great post! And congratz on the weight lose! I'm thinking another 10 pounds off and I'll start this whole jogging thing.

Deciding if I should change up the run by doing a mile at a fast pace then slow down the next mile and then increase again for the final mile. Or I may do it vice versa and start out slow then speed it up and then slow it down again.

If you want to send that heart rate in the stratosphere, try sprinting for a block, then jogging normal pace for a block, then sprinting again for the next and so on until your run is done. I found switching it up that often did wonders.

That's how I do it in the treadmill, mixing up the pace feels like more work than going straight at one pace.

Well the surgery went well (from what I can tell). The recovery is brutal as I don't recall being in this much pain for quite some time (comparable to when I got hit by the puck in the first place). I have to take it easy for a little while and am looking forward to getting back on the horse all ready. Since I cannot eat much solid food I have been putting down some of the solution 5 just to keep getting some meals in.

Thanx Ski...I'll take a look at it! :rock
Well the surgery went well (from what I can tell). The recovery is brutal as I don't recall being in this much pain for quite some time (comparable to when I got hit by the puck in the first place). I have to take it easy for a little while and am looking forward to getting back on the horse all ready. Since I cannot eat much solid food I have been putting down some of the solution 5 just to keep getting some meals in.

I hope u recovery soon SK! :eek:

Man I am way scared to try HIIT on a treadmill, changing the speed scares me with my lack of coordination.

I wish they had a hand held piece to do it.

OK, my update.

TODAY, it's been exactly three months since I got sick on Christmas Eve. I got food poisoning, had a very high blood pressure, threw up at least five times, had two IV's of fluid to rehydrate me, and one hell of a wakeup call...Lose weight and get your diet and heart in gear, OR DIE!
So....I got off my a$$ and walked. After about two weeks of recovery actually, but it's been three months now, and I've lost 23 pounds, and am almost to the 200 pound line!

Here I am before, around Nov/Dec compared to night before last...

I DO have an adam's apple! I think it's trying to show itself for the first time in 20 years! LOL!

After I reach 200, I'm aiming for 180. But one goal at a time.

More to come, and bravo to you guys too, for all you are doing. It's hard for a 48 year old, to get his metabolism back in gear, let me tell ya, but NEAR DEATH has a way of scaring the weight right off your fat butt!

Hope to have more good news soon! For now, feeling better, painting better (It's the carrots I tell ya!) and almost feel like a kid again!

More to do! :rock

Back