The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZuNYjG6YTBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZuNYjG6YTBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My wife has been following Weight Watchers for almost two years. The thing people need to understand, though, is that it isn't a "diet". It is only a form of nutritional education, intended to help people make healthy lifestyle changes. For example, someone can't just say "oh, this is only 3 points, I can have it". The points system is only a tool to help people with portion control. It is still up to you to maintain a proper balance of proteins, healthy fats, and good carbs.

It was a real eye-opener to my wife when she started, because she honestly believed that the portions she was eating were "normal". I had tried to convince otherwise for years, but she just rolled her eyes at me. Now, having lost almost 80 pounds, and feeling healthier than she has felt in over two decades, she knows better.

On the plus side, though, for people who hate measuring and weighing their foods, is that after a while it becomes second nature. Most of the time now, my wife can just tell when a portion is the right size for her, and her kitchen scale mostly gathers dust (although we do still use it when concocting new dishes).

I have been since February of this year. With the Weight Watchers program (which is really all about having a much healthier lifestyle overall with eating, exercise, etc.) and a combination of going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week I've shed 16.8 pounds. I still have a looooong way to go, but I'm getting there.

Sounds to me like you're doing great, and right on track. Remember (as I'm sure you hear a lot ;)) it is all about retraining your metabolism. Fad diets that cause rapid weight loss cause the body to go into starvation mode, ultimately resulting in the return of most or all of the weight that was originally lost. You should never have that problem, as long as you recognize that you aren't on a "diet" that will someday end. But it sounds to me like you already recognize that.

Sounds to me like you're doing great, and right on track. Remember (as I'm sure you hear a lot ;)) it is all about retraining your metabolism. Fad diets that cause rapid weight loss cause the body to go into starvation mode, ultimately resulting in the return of most or all of the weight that was originally lost. You should never have that problem, as long as you recognize that you aren't on a "diet" that will someday end. But it sounds to me like you already recognize that.

:D I believe this is one reason this has been working well for me (plus, I was finally in the mindset that I must and want to do this for the sake of me and my well being). I've tried traditional diets in the past, and although there were results, in the end I was not going about weight loss and gaining a healthier lifestyle the correct way (or in a way that could be maintained). This has been a lifestyle change for me for the better. It truly is not a diet because I've been able to keep certain foods in my diet that I simply LOVE (like creamy peanut butter, ha!), but I just keep it all in moderation.

And a HUGE congrats to your wife RoboDad! I love hearing success stories like hers.

Damn, I miss one day and this thread is 4 pages longer.

I just finished another hard workout and almost passed out a couple times and I know it was due to lack of water today as I had a ton of meetings and forgot to take the liquid. I know better then that.

Anyways workout over and time to rest up for tomorrow.

This has been a lifestyle change for me for the better. It truly is not a diet because I've been able to keep certain foods in my diet that I simply LOVE (like creamy peanut butter, ha!), but I just keep it all in moderation.

And a HUGE congrats to your wife RoboDad! I love hearing success stories like hers.

Peanut butter is definitely one of our favorites, too! We often use it as a post-workout snack with some chocolate milk:joy.

In case you're interested, here are her before and after photos (taken the week before she started WW, and the week she reached her goal weight, exactly one year later). She actually carries these around in her purse, and shows them to total strangers :lol. The pants she is holding in the after photo are the same ones she was wearing in the before.

before.jpg

after1.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZuNYjG6YTBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZuNYjG6YTBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I guess that explains why all my pothead friends can be rolled down a hill.:monkey1

Peanut butter is definitely one of our favorites, too! We often use it as a post-workout snack with some chocolate milk:joy.

In case you're interested, here are her before and after photos (taken the week before she started WW, and the week she reached her goal weight, exactly one year later). She actually carries these around in her purse, and shows them to total strangers :lol. The pants she is holding in the after photo are the same ones she was wearing in the before.

before.jpg

after1.jpg

:rock :rock

I know the gym is the worst place to flirt but dayum, tonight was quite the night. Beautiful girl walked in and immediately captured me eyes. Short story short I walked out with a sore core and a new #.:D

more of the same after legs tonight and cardio for an hour.

egg whites
chicken breast
brow rice
spiced tomotoes

and natural peanut butter....

finishing second gallon of XTEND.

Do you do two gallons of wa a day Ski?

:lol today was actually slow, I'm usually at 2.5 by now... :monkey2

I always keep my BCAA's besides me, reduces soreness, reduced muscle loss while cutting and of course repairs the muscle tissue.

I have that jug next to me in meetings, everyone knows the purple stuff :rock

That is insane bro.

I'm still at a gallon and have a hard time holding it down.

It gets to the point that I don't feel efficient if I'm at a gallon or under so it's pretty easy for me to do. My body is used to all the fluids by now... :monkey1

U also have to take into body mass in order to maintain what I keep while cutting, could be a lot less for others.

I have been doing the gallon for the past two months and it does seem that I'm going less so I guess it does just take time for my body to get used to it.

before.jpg

after1.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Thanks for sharing that! Amazing for one year! And even more amazing to keep it off! Tell her congrats! :duff

Did another 45 minutes on the treadmill!! And I'm also drinking at least a gallon of water everyday. I still have to go every 30-45 minutes though, but I imagine I'll get used to it soon.

3483v2o.jpg

Last edited:
Back