The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since starting up a weight training routine and some minor modifications to my diet (I'm not going balls out like some of you guys), I've lost about a pound a week for the last few weeks. This isn't just random weight fluctuations, because it it consistent day to day.

Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about this. If I lost more, I would feel it was unstable and that the body would just look for an excuse to swing back, but I feel this is a natural loss that can be maintained if I keep a reasonably healthy diet. If I can keep this up for, say, 6 months, I should be down to a very reasonable weight again :rock

That sounds familiar, as I have a tupperware every where with all sorts of things in them.

The vein action is awesome as I have notice that going on lately. I also have people call me skinny now, which is new to me.

Congrats DA. Have you had you BF tested. I love doing that. It tells you that not only have you lost that 15lbs of fat but where able to put on 2/3lb of muscle. I would like to get water dunked but the calipers work ok. On a side note-eatign wise my weekend sucked. Started ok but ended flat.

That's awesome karamazov, keep it up man! No need for speed if you are just wanting to drop pounds. You are on the right path bro!

And Dwing, I really want to test my BF. I need a set of calipers, hoping to score one sometime soon. Especially since my weight is dropping a lot slower now, I just want to see how much muscle I am gaining. Cause I may not be losing weight but I am dropping fat, no doubts there.

Hit up MaxMuscle if you have one nearby. They have been good at testing. Also they have some good tanning beds to rid yourself of your whiteness :D. Get tested, get tan and take some new pics, it will help bring out some of the cuts you're starting to show.

Hello Fitness Freaks, gonna do something different today and see how it goes. Gonna try to workout legs along with a shoulder and tricep workout as well. It's always good to mix it up and give your body a jolt. The more you mix it up and the more you trick the muscle I believe that the finer your results will be.

Plan of attack tonight will be the leg extension, leg press, hack squats, regular squats and maybe lunges if my legs are up for it after the initial heavier leg exercises. Gonna work quick and try to keep it at a nice pace therefore I'm keeping up a sweat and not being there at the gym all night. Shoulder and tri's will be next I'll start with shoulder DB press, lateral raises either with cables or DB's, reverse incline drop sets for the back delts, upright rows for traps and shrugs to finish off shoulders/traps. Triceps I'll start it off with close grip bench then rope pull downs and maybe some over head presses. If it gets a lil crazy and I have time maybe a few dips with the chained belt.

I hope everyone is having good workouts and eating healthy, consistency is the key my friends.

Oh yeah, I just ordered a few supplements from bb.com and got some Flaxseed oil and some L-Arginine with Ethly Ester. I heard some good stuff about the compound of Arginine with Ethyl Ester to get good solid pumps and nice blood flow while training plus I was running low on some Flax, always need good fats in the diet and this dietary supplement is great whenever you are unable to get good fats from your foods.

Good luck with that Ski.

Well today I had cake (evil wedding cake too). Good thing it was my big workout day so in goes the calories and carbs and out they go (I hope). Good thing I had lots of protein meals before.

Good luck with the new plan Ski, I hope it works wonders bro. :rock

Today I incorporated Deadlifts into my routine for the first time. I had always stayed away from them, as well as Squats... I know... they are two of the most important lifts to do.. But they always intimidated the Hell out of me.

NOBODY does them in the gym where I go, which boggles my mind. Some of the chicks do Squats, but only the hardcore few. But I hit it hard today, did my first couple of sets of Deadlifts... and I think it did the trick. My back is WRECKED, but in a good way. I can tell that I really shocked the muscle, and got the results I wanted. Definitely a great workout that I look forward to doing again.

Tomorrow is leg day, so I am looking forward to another round of Squats, Leg Press, leg curls, etc. :rock2:rock2:rock2

Ok tip for feeling it in your chest after benching. (cause it seems i don't feel the burn or whatever in my pecs after bench...unless i do flys)

I'm pretty damn sure my form is on. shoulder blades together, slight arch in back. etc. etc.

Just seem like my arms take the brunt of chest for me. (going to try to squeeze the pecs more on the way up see if that helps)

Any more tips? pre-fatigue the chest with flys beforehand?

Also i found this
https://www.realmusclebuilding.com/...ter-than-bench-presses-for-chest-development/

And i really trust this guy<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-W1CaDnlwFY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-W1CaDnlwFY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Try doing fly exercises first as they dont tire out your pushing exercises, where as if you do them vice versa, youve used strength tiring out the fly muscles for later on

Now, he did them laying on the floor, but couldn't you in theory do them laying on a workout bench, isn't it the same support?

Try doing fly exercises first as they dont tire out your pushing exercises, where as if you do them vice versa, youve used strength tiring out the fly muscles for later on

Yeah i'm going to try that, pre-fatigue the chest before i hit the bench press, so i can get more burn in the pecs.

I just wonder if i do a set of flys then wait a min, then bench or do it right away and not wait.

Or do 4 sets of flys then my regular 8 sets of presses. Might have to use a lighter weight a bit as opposed to my regular 85 in each hand, maybe do 70 each hand.

Yeah MF that's how most do it.

That's what I figured, plus, it would strengthen more because you don't have the floor stopping your arm so your chest needs to work to keep your arms from coming down too far.

Well i know you don't want your arm going past your shoulder, so you can avoid injury.(shoulder) Keep it about level. (then again if it's super light weight i would not worry) I fly with anywhere between 30-45lbs each hand So i need to keep it level.

Well, i still wouldn't go past the shoulder just so you can get used to good form for later on when you get to bigger weights. Do them just like scooby says :)

Oh I wouldn't screw around, I pushed bench pressing about 8 years ago and ^^^^ed up my shoulder for weeks, I take everything safe now, good form, enough weight it's not easy but not so much I'm probably straining things to a hurting point.

Back