The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

:exactly:
This wasn't a case of "let's not show the death so he's not dead." It was a case of, "despite all that's happened, let's be a bit tasteful here." Carl shot the Shane-walker. There's no reason he wouldn't do the same to Lori.

Yes. :clap Also, once Rick gets over his initial grief/rampage, I am sure he is going to want to see her body and give her a proper burial/cremation.

It's not like they are just going to leave her body to rot where Carl shot her. :nono

Yes. :clap Also, once Rick gets over his initial grief/rampage, I am sure he is going to want to see her body and give her a proper burial/cremation.

It's not like they are just going to leave her body to rot where Carl shot her. :nono

Regarding the whole issue of did Carl actually shoot Lori. I agree with everything you're saying. It would also ruin the emotional impact of Rick's break-down after not only realizing that his wife is dead but also what his son just had to do. That was easily the most powerful scene of the whole series so far IMO.

I'm really curious how the show is going to deal with having a newborn baby in the mix.

whoa, one of my favourite episodes of the entire series! and not just because they FINALLY did the necessary and got rid of stupid lori.

having said that, i did feel sad when it happened. but more so for carl... it's just the thought of a young boy having lost his mother, and a baby entering the world in this way. also, rick's reaction was heartbreaking. truly powerful moment of drama there, and a damn fine example of why the walking dead isn't just about zombie action. definitely one of the best shows on tv.

oh and shame about t-dog too. can't say i'll miss him, but at least they gave him a heroic send-off.

Heroic but gruesome. Eaten alive. I suppose thats how most characters who die are gonna get it.

The whole final scene loses its potency if Carl didn't shoot his mom. He did.

I think Wes might have a point. The TV series is deviating significantly from the comics. Although, if "walker Lori" does exist - I might just quit this show entirely. It'll be too freakin' disgusting to see a little kid kill things to feed his undead mommy. Carl should never be that twisted.

Probably didn't show it because they don't want real kids shooting their moms in mimicry........just sayin.

I think Wes might have a point. The TV series is deviating significantly from the comics. Although, if "walker Lori" does exist - I might just quit this show entirely. It'll be too freakin' disgusting to see a little kid kill things to feed his undead mommy. Carl should never be that twisted.

comic spoilers

Carl murders Ben, Allen and Donna's little boy. Ben murders his twin brother Billy, thinking that theres no consequence to killing and that everybody comes back to life, he says something like 'Its ok. I didnt hurt his brains, he'll be back'.

While the group leave the prison, they deliberate what to do after the murder of Billy happens, instead, Carl takes matters into his own hands and executes Ben. His reasoning being that it was the right thing to do because he felt the adults couldnt do it. I remember Carl saying something like he cries every night, and that Ben was more upset about not having someone to play with as opposed to dying.

One of those heartbreaking moments really when you realise how different and how mature Carl has gone on the right end of the spectrum, and how Ben has got the wires crossed between being and adult and killing zombies to live, and misconceived it as playtime, and that Ben will come back alive like normal.

Makes you realise that really, Carl is the most dangerous character of the group really.

So really, I dont think it would be that twisted as he didnt kill his mum, and he just cant kill her. like someone else in the comics who cant kill a zombie relative.

Otherwise, it was a great episode. I hope we find carol half eaten and is a lurker. Then we can have daryl plug her in her eye socket. Though I was quite shocked how good Carol was with a Handgun. offscreen character development over 8 months after a season of pretty much zero character development for most of the group FTW.

Finally started getting some good T-Dog characterisation, aaaaaaaand he's gone. Full character development on Shane aaaaaaaand hes gone. Character development on lori aaaaaaaaand shes gone. God dammit. I actually DIDNT want Lori to die in that episode. i really didnt. I really, really didnt. her speach about choices hit a nerve really. And then I just see that she made all the wrong choices for the right reasons and that I hated her for nothing. Then she dies. great lol!

Looking back, I prefer this Lori than Comic Lori. Apparently, Kirkman said to presum Carol Dead.

Kirkman on Carol

We don’t really know what happened to Carol, but I would assume she didn’t make it, being that far into the prison. And Lori I think was really the heart of the group. Her carrying a child had become a burden, but I don’t think any of these characters weren’t useful, and you will feel their loss moving forward.

Kirkman on Daryll

I’d like to say that Daryl is actually a big softy, and I think we saw it a bit in season two and we’ll probably see more of it moving forward here. I would think that this [carols death] would cause him to possibly open up even more in looking for support dealing with his loss. What this actually does to him and how his behavior changes will be something that you’ll just have to see as it occurs, so stay tuned.

I try and make no assumptions about this show, since I am routinely surprised by it.

While I'm not terribly surprised about T-Dog, I was surprised by Lori. 2 in one episode, and it's not even the Season finale.

66588_10151385156399305_562039859_n.jpg

Why was it that as soon as I saw the inmates, I knew T-Dog's days were numbered?

Can't they have more than one black guy on the show (as Primary characters) at a time?

Hate to say it, but I'm sure I'm not the first to think it.

Why was it that as soon as I saw the inmates, I knew T-Dog's days were numbered?

Can't they have more than one black guy on the show (as Primary characters) at a time?

It's been discussed in here before and the following terms were referenced: token, quota, red shirt.

You're not. And now we've got a situation where you want them to make something of this new character to compensate for having given T-Dog sweet F all development and yet if they do thats a total slap in the face to the guy who played T-Dog.

Back