The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the mid-season premiere was very underwhelming. Not buying that Daryl would abandon Rick's group for Merle at this point, even if they are brothers. And I think the phone call to ghost Laurie was all the crazy Rick we needed to see.

Thought the mid-season premiere was very underwhelming. Not buying that Daryl would abandon Rick's group for Merle at this point, even if they are brothers. And I think the phone call to ghost Laurie was all the crazy Rick we needed to see.

The reason I buy it is that Daryl pretty much gave up his place with the Gov for Daryl.
Daryl doesn't know what went on before he got there but he is not stupid he figured out that the Gov would hunt him down, Daryl even said it himself on the episode that he could never go back.

Since his brother is alone now i can buy that Daryl would be with him. After all Daryl couldn't save him when his arm was chopped off, he probably feels guilty and everything

The reason I buy it is that Daryl pretty much gave up his place with the Gov for Daryl.
Daryl doesn't know what went on before he got there but he is not stupid he figured out that the Gov would hunt him down, Daryl even said it himself on the episode that he could never go back.

Since his brother is alone now i can buy that Daryl would be with him. After all Daryl couldn't save him when his arm was chopped off, he probably feels guilty and everything

This plus what Carol was saying makes complete sense why Daryl would go with him.

Still, after everything he and Rick have been through, after what Merle did to Glenn, after building that relationship with Carol and Rick's baby...I just can't see him giving Rick an ultimatum.

He knows very well what kind of a person Merle is too.

Still, after everything he and Rick have been through, after what Merle did to Glenn, after building that relationship with Carol and Rick's baby...I just can't see him giving Rick an ultimatum.

He knows very well what kind of a person Merle is too.

I personally have never experienced it so I cannot say for sure but I bet it stems from years of emotional abuse from Merle.

Maybe.

I think Daryl has changed quite a bit since his days with Merle. You could say that because he hasn't been around Merle much since he's changed, that he remembers him as a better person than he really is. If true I'm guessing and hoping that in the next episode he'll start to realize how much of a sick D-bag Merle is, and things will heat up between them.

Off topic but uh, where the hell is Nam? :lol

Maybe.

I think Daryl has changed quite a bit since his days with Merle. You could say that because he hasn't been around Merle much since he's changed, that he remembers him as a better person than he really is. If true I'm guessing and hoping that in the next episode he'll start to realize how much of a sick D-bag Merle is, and things will heat up between them.

Most definitely. I wouldn't mind one or two episodes where they are off on their own but I am hoping that Daryl definitely realizes he made a mistake.

Maybe.

been wondering the same thing actually, I miss him :monkey2:monkey2

not :rotfl

I think it fits with Daryl's character to go off with Merle. He didn't want to leave ... but he wasn't going to cut Merle loose by himself again.

First, Merle may be the only person on the planet that intimidates Daryl. (Rick might a little ... watching Daryl cower a bit when Rick barked at him right before the raid on Woodbury was interesting).

Second, he's family. They're southern rednecks. Family's family ... loyal even if you hate 'em from time-to-time. And, Merle turned on the Governor for him ... he wasn't going to be loyal to Rick over Merle after that.

Third, he gave Rick a choice to let them stay. Rick said no. He didn't leave just to leave ... he left because Rick was demanding that he cut his brother loose again.

Fourth ... I don't think he completely blames Merle for Glenn. It was the situation he was in because the Governor saved his neck. He know's Merle's a jackass ... but he also knows that Merle was left-for-dead, and owed the Governor something for saving his life. And, like Merle intimidates Daryl ... The Governor is the only one that inimidates Merle. Daryl knows what its like to be overpowered by a dominant personality.

Seems to fit.

It will break down one way or another. Either Merle will do something stupid that forces Daryl to turn against him ... or Merle will prove himself somehow, and Rick will figure out he needs all the help he can get these days and bring 'em both in.

SnakeDoc

I dont' know, with everything that went down, I don't think there's any way Merle would change. Even if he did, there's no way the current group would accept him.

Oh and I also think the crazy Rick thing has gone too far.

I'm willing to wait and see where the Rick-losing-it thing is going.

Heavy lies the crown. He wanted a Ricktatorship ... and he's bearing the weight of it. It makes sense that the weight would be more than one man could handle. The Governor is bearing the same weight ... and also losing it. They're setting up a great mirror-image conflict between two men with opposing interests that understand each other completely. My guess is Rick will eventually pull it together -- with the help of Hershel, Daryl, Carl and the baby -- and the Governor will continue to toward insanity, because he's completely isolated ... even from his own people. I actually like that Rick and The Governor are dealing with the exact same burdens, and having the exact same difficulties with it. Makes for a more charged conflict.

I don't think Merle can change. I think he could prove his worth, though. He might eventually be as useful to Rick as he was to The Governor.

SnakeDoc

I am surprise there's a comic book on this. frankly, i prefer not to read it as i see this as a show more than a comics. they're jsut trying to make more $$ by comics. didn't this show came out first? or is it a novel/book first? hmm...

url

I think it fits with Daryl's character to go off with Merle. He didn't want to leave ... but he wasn't going to cut Merle loose by himself again.

First, Merle may be the only person on the planet that intimidates Daryl. (Rick might a little ... watching Daryl cower a bit when Rick barked at him right before the raid on Woodbury was interesting).

Second, he's family. They're southern rednecks. Family's family ... loyal even if you hate 'em from time-to-time. And, Merle turned on the Governor for him ... he wasn't going to be loyal to Rick over Merle after that.

Third, he gave Rick a choice to let them stay. Rick said no. He didn't leave just to leave ... he left because Rick was demanding that he cut his brother loose again.

Fourth ... I don't think he completely blames Merle for Glenn. It was the situation he was in because the Governor saved his neck. He know's Merle's a jackass ... but he also knows that Merle was left-for-dead, and owed the Governor something for saving his life. And, like Merle intimidates Daryl ... The Governor is the only one that inimidates Merle. Daryl knows what its like to be overpowered by a dominant personality.

Seems to fit.

It will break down one way or another. Either Merle will do something stupid that forces Daryl to turn against him ... or Merle will prove himself somehow, and Rick will figure out he needs all the help he can get these days and bring 'em both in.

SnakeDoc

:goodpost: I agree with a lot of the points you make, SnakeDoc. :clap:clap:clap

Especially about family. :lecture

And remember, Merle raised Daryl.

The relationship between Merle and Daryl is summed up when Daryl falls down the hill while looking for Sophia. He can't get up the hill until the Merle hallucination and Merle starts provoking him.

It's a tough love, but it's love nonetheless. Merle is his big brother, it makes perfect sense that he'd go off with him. Daryl was Merle's number one priority, period. He asked the Governor for permission but knew the Governor would never let him leave.

I didn't feel like that scene was forced. I just hope we're not getting less Daryl and more Boring Crew stuff.

With Daryl gone...the only characters that are worth a damn now are Carl and Glenn....never thought i'd say that.

Rick is too crazy now for my taste. Comically crazy.

I didn't feel like that scene was forced. I just hope we're not getting less Daryl and more Boring Crew stuff.

With Daryl gone...the only characters that are worth a damn now are Carl and Glenn....never thought i'd say that.

Rick is too crazy now for my taste. Comically crazy.

from seeing the preview the good thing is that now we will see some screen time with Daryl and Merle, so he is gone from the group but I hope the next episodes focus a little more on Daryl and Merle.

I would be really happy if an entire episode was focused on them, maybe before Daryl comes back.

Back