The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I really enjoyed last week. It was nice to see them explore and develop some more relationships with the newer characters.

Yup, and I thought what Lennie James did with Morgan's character was some of the best acting in the entire series. The raw emotion of him turning into an isolationist was powerful and yet sad to see.

Hopefully Rick realized that he could become a Morgan if he keeps pushing people away from him. I'm sure seeing what Morgan turned into put some focus back into his own life.

Remember Rick's line, "You can come back from this." The irony here is that Rick could be describing himself, that he could come back from this.

Last edited:
so after seeing morgan like that do you think they would have picked up the hiker on the way back if he was still alive?

Yup, and I thought what Lennie James did with Morgan's character was some of the best acting in the entire series. The raw emotion of him turning into an isolationist was powerful and yet sad to see.

Hopefully Rick realized that he could become a Morgan if he keeps pushing people away from him. I'm sure seeing what Morgan turned into put some focus back into his own life.

Remember Rick's line, "You can come back from this." The irony here is that Rick could be describing himself.

It kind of reminded me of the relationship between Frodo and Gollum; that aspect of needing to believe that the "other" is reclaimable to substantiate the hope that one's self is also reclaimable. :lecture

so after seeing morgan like that do you think they would have picked up the hiker on the way back if he was still alive?

No, Rick has already shifted their focus in the self-preservation mode of their own group by not letting in complete strangers.

It's a turnaround too from last season when Rick helped out a complete stranger named Randall when he was caught on that spike.

It's my favorite episode of this season so far hands down. Everything from them completely ignoring that one survivor begging for help (TWICE! LOLZ) to them not reacting AT ALL to the attacking zombies while they're in the car, to them seeing the survivor dead and simply picking up his supplies and driving off was great. Also liked the music choice for the final minutes of the show. Just enjoyed it all.

The music choice was reminiscent of the track they used after Rick greased those two fools in the bar. Bad ***.

I agree with you here. That's probably my favorite aspect of the last episode. It gave you something new. I wish we had that in every episode. Even if it meant someone just going out to grab supplies. I want to see more drama relating to the apocalypse, rather then relationships. I just feel like relationships now should be more like a family thing. We have zero choice in who we're with now. We better just deal with it.

But the problem I had with the episode is it felt like a subplot to another episode stretched out. Perhaps the show needs more episodes like that, but not during the final stretch. I want to see this thing through already.

Thing is, they wouldn't have had the chance to do an episode like this. For one thing michonne and Rick had to have come back from woodbury and secondly the major battle couldnt have happened yet cuz there wouldve been to much chaos.

HONESTLY in retrospect, theyve rushed the storylines waaaaay too much. The comic took its time with the 'winter' that the show just kinda glossed over in a sentence or two. Most mermorably was the Rental Community neighborhood they try to seek refuge in. There wouldve been AMPLE opportunity to have episodes that were very similar to last weeks episode. With the group roaming around looking for food and trying to adapt. Then the season could have ended with them finding and taking the prison only to discover it was full of inmates (AND DANGEROUS ONES) as in the book. The show gloss over those inmates too fast in my opinion too.

Then season 4 couldve dealth with woodbury.

Was it just me or was I the only one who thought the group had traveled farther away from Rick's home town?I mean they were at the original camp.That got over run.They then ended up on the highway for a bit then the farm.Now the prison seemed a bit farther away then that.When they went out looking for the guns it was like oh my house is right there....???

The same thing occurred to me.

I'd like to see a map that shows where the locations on the show have been, just to see what the hell route they've been traveling.

And I agree with everyone. There's something extra creepy about wandering around a post apocalyptic zombie world. It's good to see them moving from place to place in an efficient, experienced way.

Remember Rick's line, "You can come back from this." The irony here is that Rick could be describing himself, that he could come back from this.

It kind of reminded me of the relationship between Frodo and Gollum; that aspect of needing to believe that the "other" is reclaimable to substantiate the hope that one's self is also reclaimable. :lecture

Pix has a great compairison there. I didn't think of that myself but I did think that what they were showing us is what could happen to Rick if he wasn't careful.

The music choice was reminiscent of the track they used after Rick greased those two fools in the bar. Bad ***.

Thing is, they wouldn't have had the chance to do an episode like this. For one thing michonne and Rick had to have come back from woodbury and secondly the major battle couldnt have happened yet cuz there wouldve been to much chaos.

HONESTLY in retrospect, theyve rushed the storylines waaaaay too much. The comic took its time with the 'winter' that the show just kinda glossed over in a sentence or two. Most mermorably was the Rental Community neighborhood they try to seek refuge in. There wouldve been AMPLE opportunity to have episodes that were very similar to last weeks episode. With the group roaming around looking for food and trying to adapt. Then the season could have ended with them finding and taking the prison only to discover it was full of inmates (AND DANGEROUS ONES) as in the book. The show gloss over those inmates too fast in my opinion too.

Then season 4 couldve dealth with woodbury.

I agree with all of this. But they've rushed the story too much so now they have to have these filler episodes, right at the final stretch. Which is bugging the hell out of me.

They need to slow down. Explore a little.

The same thing occurred to me.

I'd like to see a map that shows where the locations on the show have been, just to see what the hell route they've been traveling.

And I agree with everyone. There's something extra creepy about wandering around a post apocalyptic zombie world. It's good to see them moving from place to place in an efficient, experienced way.

I think they've been between Atlanta and Rick's hometown the entire time.

The first camp was on the highway from King County (a fictional county) to Atlanta. The CDC was in Atlanta. Fort Benning -- where they were headed when Sophia got lost -- is about 100 miles South of Atlanta ... though it didn't look like they even got close to it. The farm, prison, and Woodbury are all in that same area -- they reached all three on foot, and wandered around in circles between Ssn 2 and 3. Mert County Public Works is about 18-miles from the farm ("18 miles out" was the title of the episode). I figure they've never been farther than maybe 50 to 75 miles from Rick's Hometown, and the prison could be within 25 or so.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I agree with all of this. But they've rushed the story too much so now they have to have these filler episodes, right at the final stretch. Which is bugging the hell out of me.

They need to slow down. Explore a little.
Yea and then people will be whining about how slow the series is going.:slap Like someone already said, this show can't win.

No, Rick has already shifted their focus in the self-preservation mode of their own group by not letting in complete strangers.

It's a turnaround too from last season when Rick helped out a complete stranger named Randall when he was caught on that spike.

which leads me to my next question...if rick has pretty much isolated all outsiders, how do you think they will work tyrese into the group, if they do at all?

Yea and then people will be whining about how slow the series is going.:slap Like someone already said, this show can't win.

Of course it can win...its called ratings. No one in charge gives a **** what people on the internet whine about if they still get ratings.

And when S3 wraps in 3 1/2 weeks people will be like "I can't wait until October, I can't wait until TWD comes back".

I think they've been between Atlanta and Rick's hometown the entire time.

The first camp was on the highway from King County (a fictional county) to Atlanta. The CDC was in Atlanta. Fort Benning -- where they were headed when Sophia got lost -- is about 100 miles South of Atlanta ... though it didn't look like they even got close to it. The farm, prison, and Woodbury are all in that same area -- they reached all three on foot, and wandered around in circles between Ssn 2 and 3. Mert County Public Works is about 18-miles from the farm ("18 miles out" was the title of the episode). I figure they've never been farther than maybe 50 to 75 miles from Rick's Hometown, and the prison could be within 25 or so.

SnakeDoc

Very interesting. Thanks, Doc.

Back