The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to think it'd be easier for the Governor and a few guys to sneak into Woodbury than the prison. Secure from walkers, but people have snuck in and out, Rick's group got in no problem. Although Tyrese's group got into the prison too. Also i'm sure the showers at the prison work fine, and its one single complex to keep everyone in. And the people keeping the electricity and other amenities going in Woodbury may have been gunned down. Not everyone is an electrical engineer, plumber, etc.

My guess is the Governor will rally some other smaller groups on the road, take in a few more guys, and than start ambushing Rick's smaller groups that come out for supplies. Maybe build back up to an all out assault with a Tank or some mortars or something that just levels the entire prison.

But cmon, wouldn't it be awfuly similar to the S.2 finale if it was just overrun and they had to leave again. We'd be expecting every season to go just like a video game where they end up settling in only to have to go somewhere new next season. I like they caught most of us off guard.

I guess you make a lot of sense.

Hmm, seems like maybe they didn't plan on killing Andrea originally after all.

I remember they gave Sarah Wayne Callies and John Bernthal a heads during the seasons they were going to die in, months in advance.

Pretty odd that they'd just decide to tell Holden days before shooting the finale and that it wasn't even in the original scripts or screenplay docs.

The death of Milton was also much different. He had glasses on and was supposed to be shot. At one point, it looked like they were going to show him bite Andrea too.

Why didn't Milton just throw the knife at Governor instead of trying to stab him... Ahhhh

Why didn't Milton just open the door in that little room (he was right next to it), slide himself out and close the door?

With the Governor still on the loose, I wouldn't risk it at Woodbury either, too much open ground. Even with only two guys, I bet he could still come up with something nasty.

Hmm, seems like maybe they didn't plan on killing Andrea originally after all.

I remember they gave Sarah Wayne Callies and John Bernthal a heads during the seasons they were going to die in, months in advance.

Pretty odd that they'd just decide to tell Holden days before shooting the finale and that it wasn't even in the original scripts or screenplay docs.

The death of Milton was also much different. He had glasses on and was supposed to be shot. At one point, it looked like they were going to show him bite Andrea too.

Why didn't Milton just open the door in that little room (he was right next to it), slide himself out and close the door?

On Talking Dead the actors that get killed off all say they only get a few days to a week to know their character is going to get killed off. Rooker got about 2 weeks notice because of some episode changes. But most know they're dead within the week. Sounds like this finale went through a lot of last minutes changes though. Everything from the Gov living to Andrea dying sound like they were decided at the last minute. Not that that is a bad thing. Keeps things unpredictable.

Kirkman should intentionaly leak zombie Daryl and Rick photos next season to f with people and avoid a repeat of the zombie Shane and Merle leaks.

I also think that the potential last minute changes had to do with the revolving showrunners door.

Who knows.

That said, I was more shocked by the Gov living than if they killed off all of Rick's group, so job well done. I agree I don't necessarily want each season having a single 'big bad' and the group up and leaving their current squat house. I loves me long multi-season arches...not that I want things dragged out. But if we take a break from the Governor for a few of next seasons episodes and spend some time with the Walkers back to being the main threat, then I say go for it.

it makes me wonder just how long will the Governor will live....

I don't know, I am reading everyone's posts and thinking about the episode, and it just was not a very good episode for me.

I even avoided going online yesterday and today just so that I didn't see any spoilers, and nothing big really happened. I am glad no one in Rick's group died, I was really glad about that actually, but this last episode was just not what I expected.

I seriously didn't expect the Governor and his people to run away like they did. That was just kind of silly lol.

That was a very underwhelming season finale. Can't believe they killed Andrea what a waste of a great character and just when she had the potential to make a turn around to start becoming likeable. I also think Michonne should have cut her head off and given her a proper honorable death samurai style. I did really like how they made Carl finally kill somebody and show the hardened kid that grew up too fast side of him.

so they actually filmed Milton's attack? I kinda wish they kept it. I know they wanted to keep the suspense of what happened to Andrea but this looked like a good scene

WyWJLg4.jpg

so they actually filmed Milton's attack? I kinda wish they kept it. I know they wanted to keep the suspense of what happened to Andrea but this looked like a good scene

WyWJLg4.jpg

They can't show that scene, he's wearing glasses as a zombie. I didn't know zombies could put on their glasses for better biting ability.

Everyone keeps saying nobody from Rick's camp died.....Andrea was from Rick's camp....Even Rick made it a point to include her with his group....I thought the episode was good.....but not great....It def showed off how F'n nuts the Gov is though.....and Yes Carl was justified....Hershel don't know what's he's talking about. Dude was trying to pull off the ole "I'm doing what your saying, I'm not a threat, but I'm not listening to a word you're saying" trick...

Carl gave perfect reason to Rick as to why he killed the guy, he felt it was the right thing to do, he made the decision that he felt was the best and strongest for the group. Carl is not growing up in the same world that the grown ups around him grew up in, he's learning from Ricks mistakes as leader which he pointed out to him.

Crap final. All that build up for a battle that really only lasted a couple minutes, with the governor running like a ***** as soon as an actual battle started. All talk and no walk in the end.

The battle should of lasted half the episode. Start in the afternoon and through the night with the governor chilling in the woods for the night planning another morning attack and make it a war style ending.

All that build up just for nothing. Will the governor be back? l want to see him get killed. Also glad Andrea is finally gone.

Last edited:
After having slept on it this was such a lame episode as a whole with a couple of cool moments. Now we have to wait for October to see if thu can IMO make up for this.

Back