The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's the better figure though, Dr. M? or Eddie?

ummmm...atm prolly...manhattan...he just looks really good in person. he comes with 2 sets of legs also. 1 set allows him to stand flat-footed and the other pair lets him to the floating-in-the-air-stance. comedian is nice also but the sculpt on mahattan is pretty sweet. classic night owl is also surprisingly good (really all of series 2).

Its been posted in multiple forums that the 13" Rorschach has been released at TRU. For those who have it, can you post pics?

toysrus.com has it listed as "In Stock", shipping in 2-3 days. I ordered one, hopefully it'll come by the end of the week (oddly enough, Comedian is listed as a pre-order?).
If it doesn't ship until the 6th, no big deal. I had it pre-ordered through BBTS but Toys-R-Us was a bit cheaper with free shipping.

he comes with 2 sets of legs also. 1 set allows him to stand flat-footed and the other pair lets him to the floating-in-the-air-stance.

The translucent variant is a cool idea even without the interchangeable legs but a definite perk in having the two different Dr. Manhattan figures is the ability to display one standing and one "afloat".

I'll probably have the variant "afloat" and the regular one standing. I just wish CSC/AT would ship my variant. It seems like they've managed to get most of the stuff on-time but the Comedian variant was a week or two late and the DM variant is already late too. They also didn't ship my 13" Dr. Manhattan until a few weeks late, too, though I've had shipping notices for everything else right on release day.

My Series 2 is supposed to arrive tomorrow (I believe, I'm not 100% sure) but again, the DM variant hasn't even shipped.

Last edited:
Went by LCS yesterday and they had a 13 inch Comedian. I don't ever buy anything else other than Hot Toys, but I could not pass this one up. If I knew how to attach the damn photo I would.

Yeah, the Comedian figure definitely looks better in person, though both pictures posted make it look pretty good still.

I was at my TRU an hour ago and they had two 1:6 Rorschachs out but wouldn't sell it to me when I took it to the register. The system says no sale till 3/11.

Something funny about it...I wasn't even going to buy it until I noticed that he doesn't look like the usual DCD 13" figure. It looked much closer to 12". I stood a barbie next to him and they looked the same height. His hands looked smaller, too. Maybe it's just because he's a shorter character. They might have used the Robin body. But scale-wise he seemed like he would look okay next to my Hot Toys stuff.

Are the other Watchmen "1:6" taller like the previous DCD "1:6" 13" figures or closer to actual 1:6? Any comparison shots? I saw Manhattan in the box at my LCS a few weeks ago but he looked so awful in the suit I didn't even look at the scale.

BTW, the 1:6 Rorschach's clothes are not too great. They might just need quite a bit of futzing.

They also had like 20 of the TRU exclusive 7" unmasked Rorschach and 1 regular masked version, which was too awesome to not buy, in spite of the crappy articulation.

Are the other Watchmen "1:6" taller like the previous DCD "1:6" 13" figures or closer to actual 1:6?

My Dr. Manhattan and Comedian figures are my first DC Direct 13"-ers so I can't compare them to other DCD 13" figures but mine are on the same shelf as my Sideshow "Army of Darkness" figures and my Medicom Sweeney Todd and they certainly dwarf those figures.

They also had like 20 of the TRU exclusive 7" unmasked Rorschach

I suspect you would have had the same problem with these not ringing up too but it's hard to say. Someone on thefwoosh.com who works at a TRU saw them as well. I wish someone would take a picture.

Actually the comedian figure is probably on par with Sideshow quality wise, minus the bobble head SS is is notorious for. I would not dare compare it to a Hot Toys figure, but it is a great figure none the less considering I buy what I like and this only my opinion, and it is not as fragile as Hot Toys figures. If I futz too much with a Hot Toys figure something always breaks. It was still expensive though.

My Dr. Manhattan and Comedian figures are my first DC Direct 13"-ers so I can't compare them to other DCD 13" figures but mine are on the same shelf as my Sideshow "Army of Darkness" figures and my Medicom Sweeney Todd and they certainly dwarf those figures.

I suspect you would have had the same problem with these not ringing up too but it's hard to say. Someone on thefwoosh.com who works at a TRU saw them as well. I wish someone would take a picture.

Sorry I didn't think to snap a pic of the unmasked one. He looked pretty great, though. Even had his mugshot plaque with his real name. I'll go back and try to buy one tomorrow. I was too excited by the awesomeness of the masked version. :)

Thanks for the 1:6 comparison. I just pulled my DCD 1:6 Robin down off the shelf and now I'm pretty sure he's the same size as the Rorschach, which is a tad bigger than a Sideshow 12", but smaller than the regular 13" DC Superheroes.

Oh, also before they decided not to sell it to me, the Rorschach rang in at $79.99, $20 less than MSRP, so that's pretty cool. Kicking myself now for not pre-ordering at DCBS on super discount, though.

I was at my TRU an hour ago and they had two 1:6 Rorschachs out but wouldn't sell it to me when I took it to the register. The system says no sale till 3/11.

I placed my online order at toysrus.com last night for the 13" Rorschach, and received my shipping notice today:

Thanks for shopping with us online. We're pleased to let know that your order has been shipped, and it includes the following:

Item: 5515768
Description: WATCHMEN MOVIE RORSCHACH 1/6 S
Quantity: 1 @ $79.99

Sub-Total: $79.99
--------------------------
Shipping: $.00
Sales Tax: $4.80
-------------------------- ---------------
Order Total: $84.79
-------------------------- ---------------

Online tracking via UPS isn't available yet, but I should have it by Thur or Fri I would think!

Does anyone know what day exactly TRU can sell the Rorschach exclusive?

Not a figure, but I got this cool poster out of USA Today.

1236022109.jpg

If you order from TRU's website it says it ships on the 6th, though I believe I read someone on another forum say they tried to buy him at TRU and it rang up with a 3/11 street date like the 13" figure.

I think I'm gonna break and get ol' Eddie from DCD although I think I'm gonna paint the inside of the facemask black and I might give him the grayish marks on the side of his head since that is the hairstyle its most like

Back