The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not. I would go pick one up if it wasn't for the inevitable awkward glare the cashier would give me when I check out. :lol

Courtesy of IrishJedi.

l_5fc6d166ab7743729ee0609f3a81fd76.jpg

Ive noticed this on tshirts and keychains and stuff....whats up with not having the happy face on the items? Not quite the same effect just to have a clock with blood on it.

Why isn't there any news from HT regarding the watchmen just yet?!

I need my rorscach and comedian fig on shelf badly!

Btw, how long did it take HT to announce they are making the spirit figures? As I remembered it was right before the movie even hit the theaters right?

Why isn't there any news from HT regarding the watchmen just yet?!

I need my rorscach and comedian fig on shelf badly!

Btw, how long did it take HT to announce they are making the spirit figures? As I remembered it was right before the movie even hit the theaters right?

Every time someone adds a post to this thread I think something has been announced. Of course I am not helping the situation by posting this, oh well.

I picked up Rorscach the other day. Good figure, I expected more articulation but still a nice figure.

They announced Iron Man on April 29th and the film was released on May 2nd.

What makes everybody think they re doing figures anyway?

Ive noticed this on tshirts and keychains and stuff....whats up with not having the happy face on the items? Not quite the same effect just to have a clock with blood on it.

This is why:
https://www.smileyworld.com/

The Smiley is actually copyrighted and subject to licensing fees and/or approval. They've apparently negotiated the use of the Smiley as a small part of "Watchmen" stuff (like a Comedian figure wearing the Smiley button) but nothing that actually focuses on it, like a t-shirt with a large blood-spattered Smiley image on it.

The second edition of Absolute Watchmen also features the bloody clock on both sides as opposed to the first edition which had the clock on the back and the Smiley on the front.

In any case, it's crazy but the Smiley isn't a public-domain thing. It's like the "Happy Birthday" song situation.

My variant (young) Comedian figures have shipped. Hooray!

I got mine today from Cornerstorecomics/Amazingtoyz. It was actually supposed to be released like two weeks ago, I don't know if they were actually on-time though or if CSC/AT had a delay. Series 2 and the Dr. Manhattan variant are supposed to be coming tomorrow. Series 2 should be ready at least since they've already been released at some major retailers. After those five only the variant unmasked Rorschach (and the 13" Rorschach) are left.

Last edited:
This is why:
https://www.smileyworld.com/

The Smiley is actually copyrighted and subject to licensing fees and/or approval. They've apparently negotiated the use of the Smiley as a small part of "Watchmen" stuff (like a Comedian figure wearing the Smiley button) but nothing that actually focuses on it, like a t-shirt with a large blood-spattered Smiley image on it.

The second edition of Absolute Watchmen also features the bloody clock on both sides as opposed to the first edition which had the clock on the back and the Smiley on the front.

In any case, it's crazy but the Smiley isn't a public-domain thing. It's like the "Happy Birthday" song situation.

Wow, thanks. Wouldn't have thought that a smiley could be copyrighted....

:) ®

New Toys R Us Exclusive announced:

Prisoner Rorschach:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3382481

With both unmasked 7" Rorschach figures still unrevealed it's impossible to say if the figures are different aside from the mug-shot sign but I'm guessing that the "prisoner" figure is probably bruised and bloody.

Edit: I just looked in my Absolute Edition and Rorschach is bruised/bloody in his mugshot (and the number matches the plate on the figure) so unless he's not bruised/bloody in the movie (and I don't know why he wouldn't be) that's most likely the big difference between this and the other maskless Rorschach.

Last edited:
Back