The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the DC Direct Silk Spectre had a good likeness, I really want a collectible of hers but I don't like that one at all. C'mon Hot Toys!!!

Courtesy of IrishJedi.

l_5fc6d166ab7743729ee0609f3a81fd76.jpg

If she stood straight up where would her butt go? :monkey3 :rotfl

I went to TRU and didn't see it a couple of days ago. I'm going back today so if I get my hands on it I'll definitely throw them up here. Apparently though its difficult to nab because the official street date isn't until March 6th but some TRUs are putting them out anyway.

I am also looking forward to the film next Friday. I hope the soundtrack quickly becomes available, very Tangerine Dream-y, Vangelis-eee...I am seriously thinking about getting the 1/6th Comedian from DC Direct...That suit looks awesome. But if I knew Hot Toys were going to make one I would wait for sure.

I have the soundtrack, and it is very Tangerine Dream-y, Vangelis-eee...kinda. Its also kinda 300-ee..

I hope the soundtrack quickly becomes available,

The soundtrack and score CD's are coming on Tuesday. It would take an act of God to delay them by this point as your local music store probably has them in a box in the back already. They'll both be available on vinyl on the 17th as well.

I have both CD's and both LP's on preorder, plus the 12" split single picture disc ("Desolation Row" from the soundtrack on one side, "Prison Fight" from the score on the other) already and the 7-disc 7" box set on preorder too.

My poor bank account.

"Watchmen" stuff is going practically ruin me these next two weeks. I'll get paid again before the vinyl editions of the soundtrack and score are released and the same goes for "Tales of the Black Freighter" but as it stands I'm looking at the two CD's, the 7" vinyl box, the 13" Rorschach, the last two busts (Silk Spectre and Nite Owl), the translucent Dr. Manhattan figure, the unmasked Rorschach figure, the prisoner Rorschach figure (though TRU already charged me last I checked), the video game and the motion comic before my next paycheck. The Snake Eyes figure is coming in the middle of all of this, too. I think I can just barely make it.

If I can survive the next two weeks the "Watchmen" madness will die down. I'm sure "Watchmen" stuff will still be released at a steady clip but it should be a lot more manageable.

i picked up series 2 today at tru. the classic night owl and silk spectre look really good and comedian and manhattan are awesome. definitely like series 2 better than series 1 (i do like that rorshach is noticeably shorter than everyone but his pose is irritating). no 13'' rorshach at tru though. bad, quick picture of the comedian and dr. manhattan...

031.jpg

Last edited:
In the movie, the actor is shorter than everyone else too. Whats so bad bout his pose man? I think it suits him nicely

In the movie, the actor is shorter than everyone else too. Whats so bad bout his pose man? I think it suits him nicely

yah, i know. i don't think it is bad...i can never get him the way i want for some reason. i wish he had a ball-jointed head and was standing instead of mid-stride.

Only found The Comedian at TRU. No 13" anything. As for the 6" Rorschach the pose stucks. The bottom of the trench is a solid block with two legs in a solid positioning. Its hard for him to stand without some kind of stand and considering all the articulation that the other DCDs have its really unacceptable. They coped out with it.

I want to cut his legs off, and make him stand upright.

Who's the better figure though, Dr. M? or Eddie?

I want to cut his legs off, and make him stand upright.

Who's the better figure though, Dr. M? or Eddie?

im replacing the legs with a set of legs from the movie masters joker. same type of pants just changing the shoes. will post pics when im finished. just to give you an idea

If you have an Xbox 360 you can make a UK account and get free gamerpics and a free theme. Just make the UK account, download the content and fire up your US account and both the gamerpics and the theme will be available on your US account.

Best Buy is also offering free Xbox 360 content if you buy any Xbox Live content. The cheapest is the 1-month Gold card for $7.99. I have no idea if it's the same as the UK stuff (it would need to be slightly modified because the theme says "In Cinemas 06.03.09" whereas the US version would obviously say "In Theaters 03.06.09") but it also comes with 2 free movie tickets.

I don't own a PS3 but I guess they have free Watchmen costumes for your Home character.

I was thinking Hot Toys would of made a lot of money if they obtained the license to make Watchmen figures. I dont even know why they even bothered making "The Spirit" figures. The Octopus/Jackson does look cool though..

Back