The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dig this figure...

117.jpg

i wish he had swivel/cut biceps so he could hold stuff with a double grip...cause eddie loose with a shotgun would be bad news for all my other figures.

Does anyone know what day exactly TRU can sell the Rorschach exclusive?

I went back to grab one of the 7" unmasked Rorschachs yesterday and they wouldn't sell it either. It rang in as do not sell till 3/6.

So at least for my store it's 3/6 for TRU excl. Rorschach and 3/11 for the 13" Rorschach.

That shotgun didn't come with The Comedian right? Where did you nab it?

I went back to grab one of the 7" unmasked Rorschachs yesterday and they wouldn't sell it either. It rang in as do not sell till 3/6.

So at least for my store it's 3/6 for TRU excl. Rorschach and 3/11 for the 13" Rorschach.

Could whoever sees one of these in a TRU store take a picture of them?

I placed my online order at toysrus.com last night for the 13" Rorschach, and received my shipping notice today:

Thanks for shopping with us online. We're pleased to let know that your order has been shipped, and it includes the following:

Item: 5515768

Online tracking via UPS isn't available yet, but I should have it by Thur or Fri I would think!

Did you get yours yet? I tried going to TRU online but its not showing up. Maybe they ran out of stock? :horror

Man, I'm just reading the Graphic Novel now. I'm up to chapter 7 (of 12). Hopefully I'll finish it in time before seeing the movie. I wonder how they'll cram that whole book into a movie? I'm pretty sure they'll leave some details out like Rorschach's origin. I'm not revealing any spoilers so read the book or wiki him to find out.. Gruesome!!

Definitely not your typical "Dark Knight" detective!!

Anyways, I hope the movie's and the franchise's success warrant enough interest to make a series 2 1/6 line of Watchmen figures. I definitely want one of the the lady in my sig (since hot toys appears to have no interest in making any Watchmen figures bleh!! )

Last edited:
You can actually search online there are quite a few sites that list what was cut and what was changed.

Anyone got pics of the young Comedian and/or translucent Doc Manhattan? I'm trying to decide if I want/need them or the regulars or both.

And yeah, anyone that has see the unmasked Rorschach, please take a pic! I'm interested to see just how well the headsculpt came out.

Did you get yours yet? I tried going to TRU online but its not showing up. Maybe they ran out of stock? :horror

Yep!
It actually came yesterday (3/3/09), so it took only one day to reach me (the distribution center in in a neighboring state). I now await the barrage of "it didn't happen if there are no pics" comments! :D

I will endeavor to get a few shots up later tonight; overall it's a very nicely done figure.

And I checked toysrus.com, and it is indeed gone. My guess is they realized their error and pulled it back until the release date, though it seems they could have at least kept it up as a pre-order.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Seriously, JK. I would love for you to post some pics since I think this fig looked pretty good at NYCC and was wondering what the final design looked like.

Anyone got pics of the young Comedian and/or translucent Doc Manhattan? I'm trying to decide if I want/need them or the regulars or both.

And yeah, anyone that has see the unmasked Rorschach, please take a pic! I'm interested to see just how well the headsculpt came out.

I have em both, but I can't take pics right now. The Comedian is passable if you have the regular.

Manhattan is a MUST GRAB. It looks a lot better than the regular version. And 10X better than the proto pics.

Here's an ebay pic of the TRU exclusive:

!BN0Fyzw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLl1kKDBJriqMIfVg~~_1.JPG

Funny that the kids store gets the one that's all beat up.

There are conflicting reports about when TRU will be selling these in stores. The web and the stores' computers say Friday is when they will be available, right? I'd hate to go up there Friday and have them not yet be available for sale. It's kinda far from me.

Pics or it didn't happen.

OK, here are some pics of my recently-arrived DCD 1/6 Rorschach:

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

One of all three DCD 1/6 Watchmen figs:

DSCN0652.jpg

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!
Unmasked Rorschach:

DSCN0654.jpg

And a comparison of Rorschach next to the DCD 1/6 Robin (DCD used the same "teen" body for both):

DSCN0658.jpg

Finally, a pic of the other accessories included (aerosol can and cigarette lighter) :

DSCN0661.jpg

I have a feeling that Dark Artist may soon get major requests. That figure is way weak compared to his.

I have a feeling that Dark Artist may soon get major requests. That figure is way weak compared to his.

It's a mass-produced piece, versus an individually-crafted one, what do you expect? It isn't Hot Toys-caliber, but it cost about half as much.

Back