The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw at least ten of the variant unmasked Rorschach figures today at Toys 'R Us. I was broke so I didn't get to get one...yet. TRU has a sticker on it as an exclusive from them. The only other figure they had was one Ozymandias. The unmasked Rorschach looked great to me. It looked like they captured Haley's likeness pretty well for a small figure. I'll buy it soon.

Anybody worried that by the time they announce these guys only the hardcore fans would be interested, and maybe not even interested enough?

I was so psyched about these but now it's toned down.

even if the have the license to make the characters, don't just expect them to get likeness rights.

Why? Its rumored they are doing Comedian, Rorschach, and NiteOwl II. All the actors gave their rights to DC Direct for 7".

Rorschach, I dont absolutely need an unmasked head, but wouldnt mind it. NiteOwl, you dont' really need likeness, and Comedian, again the 7" and 13" line had his likeness if Im not mistaken? Is it just an issue that HT wont pay? bcuz they got Bale and Arnold.

Won't happen, these things are planned so far in advance that whatever is initially planned will be released to get back the cost of R&D. What box office could effect is the possibility of them going past their initial releases. If they planned The Comedian, Rorshach and Nite Owl II that would be the last of it if they could be influenced by the box office. I'm really hoping though that despite the box office they'll make the remaining three members needed to complete the line up. Look at Speed Racer. That was a horrible movie at the box office yet MediCom still had to release the figures because of the money spent ahead of time.

Yeah, Hot Toys better announce something soon. The hype is practicaly all but extinct at this point. I'd be shocked if we got anything past the first three figures. :(

I'm still hoping for an announcement and will buy all of them they release.

I've held off on buying any of the DC Direct stuff (except for the 7" variant Dr. Manhattan figure, since I couldn't resist the awesome sculpt cast in semi translucent plastic) because I've been waiting (and waiting) for the Hot Toys announcement. I could never lose interest in this line, but I do want them to at least throw us a bit of a bone here. Even a blurred preview pic would satisfy me at this point. Just...something!

Is it just an issue that HT wont pay? bcuz they got Bale and Arnold.
nah. i wish it was just a money issue. but, it usually isn't. if it were, we'd have aliens marines that looked right.
it's mostly convoluted lawyer speak and studio contracts that keep ht from getting likeness rights.
I'm going to laugh when the Spirit figures end up as Grail figures because of their extremely low edition size :rotfl
same here. i don't know of anyone who ordered them.

oh, and if anyone decides they don't want their dc direct figures. get ahold of me and i'll take them off your hands.

I want a Mothman really bad. I love when he bit the doctor who was dragging him away in the opening title sequence.

Of the Minutemen I mostly want him, the Comedian, and Silhouette. Of course DCD already gave us a Silk Spectre.

EDIT: Oh curses. It didn't take me to the current last page again when I clicked the link. Oh well, my post still stands.

same here. i don't know of anyone who ordered them.

I have all three on order. Despite not seeing the movie I like the way the figures look and don't mind having them on my shelves.

Of the Minutemen I mostly want him, the Comedian, and Silhouette. Of course DCD already gave us a Silk Spectre.

I want all the Minutemen but the only three I would wager have a great opportunity of being made are Nite Owl I, The Comedian and Silk Spectre I. Even out of those three I could see Silk Spectre I being put into their "Hot Angels" line if they don't go further with the Watchmen but the other Watchmen will have no other option for them.

Back