The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting on my DCD Comedian from ebay sell. Sent it monday so hopefully Ill be getting it monday after work.

I have DCD's Rorschach and have thought about getting the Comedian and Dr. Manhattan, too....

It´s funny about TRU exclusive because my local comic store has the unmasked Rorschach for 15€.
Still, I want an articulated version =P

Yeah, Hot Toys better announce something soon. The hype is practicaly all but extinct at this point. I'd be shocked if we got anything past the first three figures. :(

I'd have to agree at this point. An absolute shame, as having only 3 of 6 makes me reconsider collecting the 3 to be released. Rorschach is still something I couldn't say no to..

Yeah, Hot Toys better announce something soon. The hype is practicaly all but extinct at this point. I'd be shocked if we got anything past the first three figures. :(

I'd have to agree at this point. An absolute shame, as having only 3 of 6 makes me reconsider collecting the 3 to be released. Rorschach is still something I couldn't say no to..

I'm still hoping for a full line-up with all six characters, but it's seems less probable with every day that goes by without an official announcement... :(

Or... could it be that they are developing the other three figures, (Dr. Manhattan, Silk Spectre II and Ozymandias) in secret and then announce the whole group in one time??? Maybe they're in the final stages of designing them too???
Maybe that's why it takes so long for the announcement.

I don't know if this is a possibility, but it would be very cool for sure :)

Yeah it would be cool, but i'm not sure of many people who would pre-order all six now that the hype is almost done. that's almost (or more than) $900..

Yeah it would be cool, but i'm not sure of many people who would pre-order all six now that the hype is almost done. that's almost (or more than) $900..

Hehehe, yeah... that's the downside of releasing all six at a time.
I would love to have 'em all, but that would be one big preorder... about €1200,- around these parts of the world, I guess... :google

But I was more thinking along the lines of announcing all six of them, and release them in 2 series or so...

The hype definitely hasn't died down for me - I would be down for all 6. I would just save up for them.

I've purchased very few figures as of late, so I'm not bogged down by a ton of pre-orders. I only have Sweeney Todd and DCD V For Vendetta in the near future to buy.

I would buy 6 (or more) Hot Toys WATCHMEN figures whenever they make 'em. That's because it's never about hype or bandwagons for me... especially for the stuff that I'm really into.

I would buy 6 (or more) Hot Toys WATCHMEN figures whenever they make 'em. That's because it's never about hype or bandwagons for me... especially for the stuff that I'm really into.

EXACTLY. What's the point in buying something (especially a high-end collectible) merely because it's currently "hyped" or considered "cool" by the masses?? Do people really need the approval of others to justify buying a Hot Toys Watchmen figure? I've read through a few pages in this thread of people complaining that the "hype" is dying down for them. Huh? If that's the case, save yourself the trouble (and money) and don't buy these in the first place. I collect things because I am a FAN of the franchise(s), not because a particular character/figure/film is currently hot in the public eye.

Yes, I'm a bit annoyed that Hot Toys hasn't made any moves with an announcement yet, but, like Irish, hype or bandwagons were never the reason I was excited about them doing Watchmen figs in the first place. I'm willing to wait for high quality representations of characters from a graphic novel/movie that I absolutely LOVE. As long as I eventually get them, all is well. Is Rorschach turning into this years' TDK Joker?

I continue to cling to hope that Hot Toys will make a Dr. Manhattan & Silk Spectre II, but first I am still waiting (apparently with many others) to see an announcement from Hot Toys about Watchmen. Certainly would of expected to have heard from Hot Toys by now. My anticipation is turning to a state of worry as the longer this goes the less likely I see Dr. Manhattan and/or Silk Spectre II being made.

This is why I care about hype; it sells figures. More sales equals more figure releases equals bigger chance at all 6 being made. Without the entire group, its hard for me to just have 3. At that point I'd rather just have my favourite.

This is why I care about hype; it sells figures. More sales equals more figure releases equals bigger chance at all 6 being made. Without the entire group, its hard for me to just have 3. At that point I'd rather just have my favourite.

That's another reason why I'm in either way: I will have my favorite. The Comedian is one of the 3 we're definitely getting. :rock

I'd still need to have Manhattan to finish off my favorites, being he and Rorschach. But I'm definitely grabbing the Comedian too. If we don't hear somthing soon I'm gonna pop! I'm really tempted to grab the 13" Comedian to tide me over but man do I hate that body!

Back