The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There absolutely was. HT's TDK figures came out long after the DCD ones. They didn't even announce they officially have the license until after Bats and Joker were released I believe.

I don't think that is true. They made the first Joker and original suit Batman announcement in May of 08. Maybe WB learned from that experience and decided it was better to have the HT announcement after the majority of DC Direct products have released :lol

I researched it just now and you're right but here is the thing the figures from DCD were actually released early. The streetdates were moved up from July to June releasing widespread on June 11th.

The Hot Toys figures was first shown on May 20th or around that week. With releases around August according to some of the earliest ones I could find.

I have a feeling that we'll see the Watchmen announcement follow the same pattern of TDK, announcement in May, release in August.

Either way DCD knew to get their stuff out before the HT stuff and that is going by American DCD release and Asian TDK release. The DCD import was much later.

There absolutely was. HT's TDK figures came out long after the DCD ones. They didn't even announce they officially have the license until after Bats and Joker were released I believe.

I don't think that is the case Mike... I live in HK and I got their newsletter about TDK figures at around May/late April about them releasing TDK figures... then on the day the movie opens.... the Joker and original Bats figures are available for pick-up in HK. (for the first batch of orders anywayz)

This is bull^^^^ man.

They announced a new line (wolvie) via newsletter, and all they've done for the watchmen are just hints on facebook. Is this thing even confirmed?

I don't think that is the case Mike... I live in HK and I got their newsletter about TDK figures at around May/late April about them releasing TDK figures... then on the day the movie opens.... the Joker and original Bats figures are available for pick-up in HK. (for the first batch of orders anywayz)

:lol I know. Look at the post above yours I said he was right. :monkey3

I still say though that DCD is holding up the HT stuff, hell they still haven't put out their Owlship and we are still this far away from the film.

:lol I know. Look at the post above yours I said he was right. :monkey3

I still say though that DCD is holding up the HT stuff, hell they still haven't put out their Owlship and we are still this far away from the film.

Yes sorry man .. my bad :banghead:duh ... .... I think now only die hard fans would want a HT watchmen figure.... they could've taken the advantage of the hype before to spread it to more customers...

I think it's mostly only die-hard fans that buy HT figures, anyway. Joe Public won't usually spend $150 + on a figure, regardless of the license.

And I think people are underestimating what this will make on DVD and the status of the film in the long term. This movie isn't/won't be The Spirit, there's no reason not to release the figures they'd planned to make.

Ok finally here's my custom rorschach with his hat!

IMG_1697-1.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine met Jackie Earle Haley on the set of Nightmare on Elm Street yesterday! I'm hoping he'll be able to get me on set in the upcoming months, I could really use Rorschachs autograph on some of my Watchmen merchandise :D

*Is jealous*

I've started a Watchmen collection. Got the Rorschach mask and gun set, the Rorschach bust, and several of the figures in almost one go for a good price, so now I'm in for the long haul.

Could be..... DVD's only about three months away. One thing's for sure, I'm going to be really, really disappointed if they don't do the figures......

I got the Rorschach gun and mask today - #182/1000. It's awesome.

I hope we see/hear something soon...

I have been waiting for this since I saw the movie almost 2 months ago...
Haven't placed any new pre-orders for anything, just because these guys are supposed to to be made...

If they wait any longer, I might succumb to one or more of the other beautiful collectibles that are going to come out soon, like the Terminators, John Connor or the recently announced Wolverine... what a conundrum :(

To be perfectly honest, I have gone off these already.

Too much other stuff has filled the budget I had for them. Still looking forward to seeing them though.

Not the least bit interested in any other announcement Hot Toys (or any company right now for that matter) has made. This is pretty much the only one I care about.

I wish they would announce something soon because I'm starting to get worried they've quit any plans they had to release them.

Back