The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

Wow and here I thought this was a sequel. Good that it ain't but now they are cutting off xmen 3 ? Jeez comic book movies are beginning to be like Godzilla movies. Reboot and forget what happens in all the other movies.

Wow and here I thought this was a sequel. Good that it ain't but now they are cutting off xmen 3 ? Jeez comic book movies are beginning to be like Godzilla movies. Reboot and forget what happens in all the other movies.

Why wouldn't they? If I were a director I'd want the cards in my favor for story, setting, and actors. I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to validate a Ratner movie in any way, shape, or form. :slap

That's not what's happening. People were largely disappointed by Last Stand and we all know how ****ty Weapon XI was in Origins. Those are the only two pieces being removed from the continuity. So this is technically a prequel to X-Men and X2 and I'm not sure where in time it relates to X:FC.

Hero-Envy-X-Men-173a.jpg

Can't wait to see these guys throw down on film. :yess:

Why wouldn't they? If I were a director I'd want the cards in my favor for story, setting, and actors. I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to validate a Ratner movie in any way, shape, or form. :slap

:exactly:

Aside from being overloaded with wasted blink-and-you'll-miss-them "characters" it also killed off too many good characters

The storyline they're borrowing from is some of my favorite for Wolverine. Silver Samurai is great, I'm kind of glad they're distancing themselves from the Origins movie. Wolverine should be an easy money maker for them as long as they stick to a half decent story instead of trying to shoe horn every stupid cameo into a movie like they did Origins. Hopefully this director has some common sense.

Lets blame it on the director how about the bad writing that was in last movie.

Lets blame it on the director how about the bad writing that was in last movie.

You're missing the point there derp-ster. A GOOD director would have asked for a rewrite (and probably from another writer entirely), your whole point is utterly flawed stupidity at best. Thinking is hard, eh?

Take out Weapon XI and it was pretty damn good. :dunno

Yeah, that was what made the movie so deflating. I liked how every character was portrayed but they really dropped the ball on Deadpool. If Weapon XI was just some other guy and not Wade Wilson, I really wouldn't have minded as much.

That's not what's happening. People were largely disappointed by Last Stand and we all know how ****ty Weapon XI was in Origins. Those are the only two pieces being removed from the continuity. So this is technically a prequel to X-Men and X2 and I'm not sure where in time it relates to X:FC.

X:FC is outside the continuity and its own series. Otherwise there would be too Emma Frosts running around...the older one in the 60's and the younger one in the 70's/80's (or whenever Origins was supposed to occur).

X:FC is outside the continuity and its own series. Otherwise there would be too Emma Frosts running around...the older one in the 60's and the younger one in the 70's/80's (or whenever Origins was supposed to occur).

Wrong. As I've already stated, X:FC recognizes X-men and X2 and ignores Last Stand and Origins. Nods to back this were Jackman's appearance as Wolverine and Rebecca Romijn's cameo as Raven being "older." Do a websearch. There are articles with the director discussing the "selective" continuity.

From what i know the only ones that count for continuity are X1, X2 and XFC

Origins might but i heard that she wasn't Emma because she was never named Emma

From what i know the only ones that count for continuity are X1, X2 and XFC

Origins might but i heard that she wasn't Emma because she was never named Emma

The part is credited as "Emma." But irregardless, Last Stand and Origins are not recognized as continuity in X:FC.

The mutant film continuity is beginning to resemble the comics... untraceable. I'd still love to see a proper origin with the actual founding members, but there's just too many damn characters in the mix now.

You're missing the point there derp-ster. A GOOD director would have asked for a rewrite (and probably from another writer entirely), your whole point is utterly flawed stupidity at best. Thinking is hard, eh?
Funny guy
:lol

Take out Weapon XI and it was pretty damn good. :dunno

I agree that and the cameos it would be a solid movie..

Imo Weapon XI wasn't the only thing bad about it, it was the pacing too, they rushed by so much of his life and shortened his time in each era significantly. He was only part of Weapon X program for around ten minutes screen time before he quit.

Imo Weapon XI wasn't the only thing bad about it, it was the pacing too, they rushed by so much of his life and shortened his time in each era significantly. He was only part of Weapon X program for around ten minutes screen time before he quit.

Because Maverick and Omega Red would've made better characters? :lol

I'm glad Hollywood doesn't like your **** ideas. We'd have a bunch of debuts getting exponentially more horrid with each reboot. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Back