The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

598788_10151152539679145_1976073094_n.jpg

It's not the goofy smiles or even the asian waiter that makes that funny, it's the Pyjama bottoms Wolverine is wearing :slap

Within the pages of the latest Empire Magazine, director James Mangold has confirmed that his upcoming film -- The Wolverine -- takes place after all of the previous X-Men films, including The Last Stand. As we saw in the final film, Logan was forced to murder Jean Grey because she could not control the Phoenix's power, Professor Xavier and Scott Summers were believed to be deceased, and the team had disbanded. With rumors of some of the original cast returning for X-Men: Days of Future Past, it remains to be seen whether or not this film will tie-in to that storyline. Below are comments from James Mangold himself on the timeline placement.

"Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all. Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."

"That’s something that for me was very important, that I land in a very specific place in his timeline.I wanted to be able to tell the story without the burden of handing it off to a film that already exists and having to conform to it. The ideas of immortality reign very heavily in this story and the burden of immortality weighs heavily on Logan. For me that’s such an interesting part of Logan’s character that is nearly impossible to explore if you have a kind of league or team movie."

Huh, so now it is a sequel after all?? Looks like some flashbacks too.

B0zDR.jpg

I'm wayyy behind on the news for this movie but are those bone claws? I guess he'll be losing his candy coating?

*waits for some Nolancompoopic ****** to make TDKR prison comparison*

Wow...that looks like the Middle-eastern prison Bruce wayne was in in TDKR...............................................................................I just had to say it.....................LOL

It would be funny if some old guy started monologue-ing about how no one can ever climb out and Wolverine just popped his claws and climbed out mid sentence.

Maybe. But it looks like he has his new haircut.

It's definitely a flash back scene, who's to say he didn't have shorter hair back then? This film completely ignores Origins so they can do whatever they want when it comes to his backstory.

Then how does he lose the adamantium? Seems like something they'd save for an X-Men movie given how epic it'd be to see Magneto pull it out of him on the big screen.

Well, yeah - I'd rather see that too. Just thinking they'd at least make him look different in a flashback.

Like I said, I don't know sheet about this movie.

Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all. Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him

They seriously need to outright state if X3 and origins counts or not to continuity :dunno

Having the X-Men disband for an unknown reason would be bettee than counting X3 imo

Jeans cameo could now be her "i'm actually alive reveal now" more than a canon killing first meeting :yess:

My guess is it is still post-X2. At least I hope Singer and Vaughn are able to to convince the execs at Fox that it should be this way.

And I hope the Jean appearance is a flashback of some sort. Seems like they have a great opportunity to do a good Dark Phoenix Saga story on its own now that Singer et al. want to wipe the poopy stain of X3 off the movie continuum.

Maybe the studios are catching onto the alternative poster culture. This looks something like Jock would come up with.

Back