The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

Why does everyone care so much about Hugh's muscle tone? :lol

Tim%20Gunn-JWA-000180.jpg

Nah man. I remember thinking wolverine was xman when I was like five. He was everywhere in the 90s. Toys , games and shows. I actually thought he was xman until my sister explained it to me. He was as popular as spiderman was they had toys galore. I agree tho the movie boost his popularity but wolverine was always a top tier pop culture icon.

He was popular very much but the movies made him more mainstream .
Hell he even joined the avengers a few years back .

Wrong again. He was guest-starring in just about every Marvel comic in the 90's to boost sales. Did you even read the comics? As far as mainstream, I'd argue that the Fox cartoon in the 90's did that already. All the movies did was solidify him as the main X-man in yet another medium. :huh

He was popular very much but the movies made him more mainstream .
Hell he even joined the avengers a few years back .

I'm curious, how old are you? I remember Wolverine's solo comic was popular back in the 80s and 90s. I don't remember people collecting many Cyclops or Jean Grey or Storm solo comics...did they even have their own?

Then in the 90s with the cartoon Wolverine was the character everyone loved.

I find it comical that people are talking about this promo picture as if it wasn't airbrushed or anything. :lol

Wrong again. He was guest-starring in just about every Marvel comic in the 90's to boost sales. Did you even read the comics? As far as mainstream, I'd argue that the Fox cartoon in the 90's did that already. All the movies did was solidify him as the main X-man in yet another medium. :huh

i’ll give you that forgot about the Xmen cartoon .

I'm curious, how old are you? I remember Wolverine's solo comic was popular back in the 80s and 90s. I don't remember people collecting many Cyclops or Jean Grey or Storm solo comics...did they even have their own?

Then in the 90s with the cartoon Wolverine was the character everyone loved.

old enough valid points :goodpost:

I didn't find the last one a complete train wreck like most folks. I have faith until it's time not to have faith :)

Well said.

I just hope Logan isn't reduced to a supporting character in his own film this time! :slap

(One really has to try to muck up a character as inherently badass as Wolvie. But Fox did! :horror)

Wonder if this one will get leaked?

Back