The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont listen to the nay sayers lol you'll like/love it.

Is it 100% comic accurate? No

Is any super hero movie? No

Is this one really well done? Yes

Is this the best we've seen of Wolverine? Absolutely!!!

So true people expect to much.

It was a better James Bond movie than most James Bond movies.

The only thing holding this movie from greatness was the last set piece

I enjoyed more of the quiet, snowy, moon lit battles that came before.

But even with that ending, its still a keeper on bluray.

My one nitpick with the film was Wolverine's characterization. I fully appreciated and enjoyed the changes and expansions the film made with Claremont/Miller's comic arc. Comics are comics, movies are movies, and I'm first and foremost a movie person; But in this case, I would have preferred a Logan closer to how he was in the series.

In the comic, Logan is extremely knowledgable and respectful of Japanese culture, going as far as speaking Japanese to the other characters. This is a nice contrast to his beastly nature. In the movie, Logan is just another "dumb", fish out of water westerner. I understand this Wolverine is broken and exhausted at this point in his life, but I would have liked to see a happy medium.

I agree with these statements about the film. I made a statement similar to item #2 to the wife after watching the film. I think it works for this film.

I was very happy with how this one turned out :clap

My one nitpick with the film was Wolverine's characterization. I fully appreciated and enjoyed the changes and expansions the film made with Claremont/Miller's comic arc. Comics are comics, movies are movies, and I'm first and foremost a movie person; But in this case, I would have preferred a Logan closer to how he was in the series.

In the comic, Logan is extremely knowledgable and respectful of Japanese culture, going as far as speaking Japanese to the other characters. This is a nice contrast to his beastly nature. In the movie, Logan is just another "dumb", fish out of water westerner. I understand this Wolverine is broken and exhausted at this point in his life, but I would have liked to see a happy medium.

Well, in Nagasake he was caged so not a great learning environment.

After the bomb with him free I doubt they would've been receptive to him staying and learning the culture.

It would've just been to out there if all of a sudden he was fluent in Japanese.

Well they skipped a whole lot of that arc. He was supposed to have been trained there as well...he was supposed to be like family...

It could have still been implied. The guy's over 150 years old, and has a solid twenty years of memories before X1. I like to think he's well-travelled and picked up a few things over the decades.

dont listen to the nay sayers lol you'll like/love it.

I agree with this 100%. :goodpost:

Like I've said before if Freaks could do any better then they'd be making movies instead of spending most of their time complaining about them on a toy forum! :lol

Well, in Nagasake he was caged so not a great learning environment.

After the bomb with him free I doubt they would've been receptive to him staying and learning the culture.

It would've just been to out there if all of a sudden he was fluent in Japanese.

The guy wasn't exactly a spring chicken during World War II.

It could have still been implied. The guy's over 150 years old, and has a solid twenty years of memories before X1. I like to think he's well-travelled and picked up a few things over the decades.

Yeah, traveling through Canada and the northern US...

This isnt the same Wolverine as the comics. We are led to believe that he only traveled as soldier leading up to his adamantium skeleton/memory loss. After that, he just drifted around North America.

I agree with this 100%. :goodpost:

Like I've said before if Freaks could do any better then they'd be making movies instead of spending most of their time complaining about them on a toy forum! :lol

And i'll say it again. Since you don't make movies, what gives you the right to say what's good and what's not? I mean, if you don't do it for a living, you have no base in criticizing it. Period. Right?

What I really said before is, this is a stupid mentality. And the thing is, no matter what, films take time, and money. You go out and make a movie. Please. Go write a script, which will take you at the minimum of a few months to write, to a maximum of years...then go out and find some actors, perhaps theater people around your town.

Now you have to pay them. Every one of them. Or prove to them you know what you're doing so they work for free.

Now you have to shoot the thing. Well, you can't just shoot anywhere, you have to get permits which could take weeks. Oh, now you can't shoot at the location your seen called for, now you have to rethink it.

But you're ready to shoot. Oh ****, one of your actors got sick. Now you either have to film around that, or find someone else. Good luck with that.

After months, possibly years, depending on how big or small your crew was, and depending on your financial situation and weather or not you have backing...you're done filming! Yey! Now it's time to edit!

Which takes months, depending on how much footage you have and your speed. Some could do it in a few weeks. Then you have to test it out, and whittle away, test and whittle until you're satisfied. Hell, your entire movie could be a cluster****, which means you might have to reshoot!

So now you got to get your actors for hire to come back, and possibly wait for them to finish what they are doing at that moment, which could be a while.

Oh now, you have to find a composer to do the score, because you can't legally use any song you want, unless you have backing by the creator of the songs. I mean, you could get around this if you don't want to make ANY money off it...but I digress.

And now, after years, or maybe months, depending on the length of your film, and what kind of crew you have....it's done.

So as you can see, it's not easy to do. And if I was making a movie (which I sort of am right now) I'd still complain about ****ty movies. Not that this film is in any way ****ty.

After I read the first sentence I stopped.

tumblr_mei4hlr8Kr1r0ftodo1_500.gif

Same old tripe.

BTW, Nowhere in my post did I mention you. :lol

Yeah, your "If you don't make movies you can't criticize anything" is the tripest tripe in the entire sheep's digestive tract.

And it totally works on both sides. You haven't made any movies. So how do you know what a good movie is?

Back