Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop buying crappy stuff. If all you owned was cool ____, you wouldn't have that problem.

:)

never enjoyed opening clothes as presents. i got all the cool shat boxed up waiting to opened...still figuring out if my neighborhood is that friendly or i definitely need home insurance. :lol

never enjoyed opening clothes as presents. i got all the cool shat boxed up waiting to opened...still figuring out if my neighborhood is that friendly or i definitely need home insurance. :lol

I still have boxes of cloths in storage from 20 to 30 years ago. I am actually embarrassed to open those...even if I am alone. At the time, I thought I was buying cool ____.:)

That my grandmother who just celebrated her 90th birthday last weekend (we had a big party for her with most of my relatives attending) is now in the hospital and probably won't make it through the week.

It's like after her birthday bash, she just gave up. :(

^^^ the same kind of events lead with my wife's grandmother(96), it was a very tough week/weekend, I'm sorry to hear that Jen.

Ski

That my grandmother who just celebrated her 90th birthday last weekend (we had a big party for her with most of my relatives attending) is now in the hospital and probably won't make it through the week.

Sorry Jen, but maybe she is just ready to go home now.

Sounds like she wanted to say goodbye to her family and waited for that opportunity. She's been very lucky to have such a loving family. She will be missed I'm sure by them all.

Sorry Jen.

Thanks everyone. We all agree shes ready to meet my Grandpa in the big ballroom in the sky where they can waltz away.

How long has he been gone?

My mom's mother is 93. My grandfather died in 2004, and she has watched all of her friends and immediate family go. She doesn't understand why she's the only one left.

He passed 4 years ago. They did everything together and were married around 60 years. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to see so many of your loved ones go.

It has to hurt. Her little sister went before her; the younger of her two sons; two sons-in-law.

On the bright side, she has several great-grandchildren and people still let her smoke cigarettes and drink Manhattans.

That's good she's still able to do the things she enjoys and spending time with her family. Sounds like she is making the best of the time she has.

I have no desire to get to the state my Grandma's in. She can't even make it to the bathroom anymore. :(

Plus I'll have no kids to keep me going...once my quality of life starts to go I'll be ready to check out.

Back