Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then 37 is the new 17. :yess:

37. That reminds me of this exchange in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Old Woman!

"Man!"

Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?

"I'm 37"

What?

"I'm 37, I'm not 'old'"

Well I couldn't just call you 'man'

"Could have called me 'Dennis'"

I didn't know you were called Dennis.

"Well you didn't bother to find out did you.." etc etc.

Crazed gunman shoots 5 people (killing 3) in Seattle, then flees to West Seattle (where I live). He tried to kill himself about 2 blocks from where I was working. Nutty.

According to Jen, many is 3. :lol

Crazed gunman shoots 5 people (killing 3) in Seattle, then flees to West Seattle (where I live). He tried to kill himself about 2 blocks from where I was working. Nutty.

Glad to hear you're ok, and to hear that he didn't get to take the coward's way out.

They're under the impression that someone else is to blame for their misery. They don't know who, so anyone will do.

I wonder if the ones who kill themselves realize that it was themself all along, or if they think they're outsmarting the people who would make them pay for their actions.

According to Jen, many is 3. :lol

Glad to hear you're ok, and to hear that he didn't get to take the coward's way out.

Yep...enjoy those 3 years - it's all downhill from there. :lol

Thanks - A lot of people I know were really freaked out and going into lock down mode. I wasn't really fazed at all really...even with the sirens and helicopters flying above where I was....I guess I always figured if my number is up...it's up. I'm not going to do anything stupid and try to go into the danger zone...but I'm not going to stop doing my thing because some psycho is on the loose.

They're under the impression that someone else is to blame for their misery. They don't know who, so anyone will do.

I wonder if the ones who kill themselves realize that it was themself all along, or if they think they're outsmarting the people who would make them pay for their actions.

The guy had some mental health problems and was recently 86'd from the coffee shop where the first shootings took place. They told him he was no longer welcome there and he starts shooting, killing 2 and critically wounding 2 others. He then flees north of the coffee shop shoots a woman, killing her and steals her car. He then made his way to West Seattle where he ditched the car and was on the loose. He had made his way a couple miles from where the car was found to the neighborhood I work in when he was spotted by a cop. Once he became surrounded, he shot himself. There were reports that he died, but I just heard those were wrong and he is being treated at a hospital.

There's been a lot of shootings around here lately...5 dead, 5 wounded in just the last few weeks.

When my number is up, I will go kicking and screaming. Jen is much cooler than me.

Well I should say that I wouldn't just stand there and let someone kill me. Hell yeah I'll fight back - because maybe my number isn't up yet, but I don't want to be hurt and maybe seriously wounded or something. But I'm not going to hide in my house because there is someone out there somewhere. At the time he shot himself - last reports were that he was a couple miles away....West Seattle isn't a huge area...but it's not small. I wasn't going to sit at work and not get my errands done. The guy could have been anywhere. I'm not one to live in fear or over react....maybe that's not a good thing...but I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

Well I should say that I wouldn't just stand there and let someone kill me. Hell yeah I'll fight back - because maybe my number isn't up yet, but I don't want to be hurt and maybe seriously wounded or something. But I'm not going to hide in my house because there is someone out there somewhere. At the time he shot himself - last reports were that he was a couple miles away....West Seattle isn't a huge area...but it's not small. I wasn't going to sit at work and not get my errands done. The guy could have been anywhere. I'm not one to live in fear or over react....maybe that's not a good thing...but I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

That really sucks.

I had an incident here the other night. The guy's wife explained the next day that he was on chemotherapy, but I didn't know that when I confronted him for being belligerent in our lobby.

He had a fit because I didn't know if there was a mosque in the area, and then because I didn't know whether there were any Muslims working in the hotel. When his wife told him he didn't need to get upset, he grabbed her arm and shoved her away. I raised my voice to tell him he needed to lower his. He told me to mind my own business, at which point I clarified whose business was whose. He told me to call the cops.

There was another woman with them, and she sat with him for half an hour calming him down. I imagine the whole scene could have become extremely ugly were he armed.

Seems like the Northwest attracts a lot of serial killers and such. Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer among others. Although, if I could find a job out there, I'd kind of want to move to Oregon after I get my teacher certification.

Seems like the Northwest attracts a lot of serial killers and such. Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer among others. Although, if I could find a job out there, I'd kind of want to move to Oregon after I get my teacher certification.

That is exactly what my mom use to always say. She was all into her murder mystery movies and would mention it a lot.

Yeah, my mom has a serial killer obsession as well. Whenever I'm spending time with her, she's watching some 20/20 or Dateline special about a murderers and she has tons of the books. If I'm ever murdered, she should probably hide all that stuff.

Some say it's due to the fact they we get so little sun up here during the fall - early spring. I notice after not seeing the sun for a couple months that my motivation to do much of anything goes down drastically. I just want to eat, sleep and maybe watch a movie/tv. :lol If you are already mentally impaired...the sunless days could definitely start to mess with you.

Back