Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went on a date many years ago and the guy had driven quite a distance to meet me for a couple beers. He bought a round...then I went to buy the second round and he was so insulted. I never heard from him again! :lol

I've always had the mindset that relationships should be around 50-50. If someone takes me out to dinner, the next time I will offer to pay. Granted if you are dating someone who makes a lot more than you and they like to go out to expensive restaurants or do expensive things...obviously the other person financially can't keep up. But they could still try to contribute in some way...whether that be making a nice dinner at home or something more within their budget. Relationships should also be give and take by both partners.

Yeah, right. :lol

Wait a minute...

picture.php

I don't make them from scratch but I do have this in my cupboard right this minute...along with organic dark maple syrup. Yummy!!

pancake-buttermilk-arro_300.jpg

I went on a date many years ago and the guy had driven quite a distance to meet me for a couple beers. He bought a round...then I went to buy the second round and he was so insulted. I never heard from him again! :lol

I've always had the mindset that relationships should be around 50-50. If someone takes me out to dinner, the next time I will offer to pay. Granted if you are dating someone who makes a lot more than you and they like to go out to expensive restaurants or do expensive things...obviously the other person financially can't keep up. But they could still try to contribute in some way...whether that be making a nice dinner at home or something more within their budget. Relationships should also be give and take by both partners.

That's how I've tried balancing it out, by cooking at my home. I've known guys I was friends with first, that it was never a problem with me buying them drinks, etc. As soon as we start to date, nope, can't pay for anything. Kinda silly, but what can you do? :lol

What's bad is when they always insist on paying for everything, then throwing it in your face later. :mad:

Back