Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fun hunting down fake accounts. I found one myself, just the other day.

Just from their general demeanor, writing style, and post areas. Even if a person comes back with another name, they can't change who they are.

From my experience, us lowly members are faster at picking these things up than the mods. And reporting does diddly-squat.

How can you tell a fake account?

The easiest way they give themselves up is when brand new members start attacking people they don't even know or have talked to before.

Someone new comes and starts crap without even getting to know anyone... Pretty much dead giveaway specially if they attack an entire group.
Pretty funny to see when it happens,

Last edited:
It's beyond silly now. That's why I said I'm worried about where all this leads.

I like this part of the article.......

How many people on social media complaining about things that offend them on a daily basis would be willing to protest anything in public? How many people upset at Trevor Noah's jokes on Twitter would make signs and stand outside a comedy club and protest his appearance there? And if they were willing to do that, how ridiculous would they look to you and me as we drove by or showed up to watch his act? You're standing outside a comedy club protesting a comedian's jokes? We would all say, "Good Lord, dude, get a life."

Yet on social media we do the exact opposite. We embolden "offended" people who take no longer than 10 seconds to hit retweet or like a Facebook post by taking their opinion much more seriously than we ever would if we faced that opinion in person. Worse, we treat these people as the voice of normalcy as opposed to the outliers they really are. I've got a radical idea for y'all, treat social media like real life instead of like social media. Every time you see someone outraged by something on Twitter or Facebook, think what your reaction would be if they made a sign and stood on the street protesting this as cars drove past.

My point is pretty simple: Social media mobs aren't real life people troubled by real life issues, they're just bored-ass losers looking for entertainment and someone to respond to them. The depth of their displeasure isn't even as deep as the single key stroke it takes to RT or like a statement online. They'd never show up and protest in real life.

Because, news flash, they don't actually care, they just want to be part of a mob. Part of something larger than themselves. Why? Because they're lonely and mobs are fun. It's a rush to be angry at someone or something and lash out at it online. Sure you'd never do it in person, but that's beside the point you're good and your foes are pure evil.

Even more idiocy regarding the confederate flag:
Bubba Watson Is An Idiot and A Coward | FOX Sports

It's beyond silly now. That's why I said I'm worried about where all this leads.

I like this part of the article.......

go to article...
read coments..

people miss the point and start whining exactly like the writer talked about..
whiners whining on an article about too much whining

:duh

GrW6uYP.png

What passes for cognition in their minds is completely detached from reality. They were taught that reality is subjective, and oppression consists of other people's realities interfering with their own. When confronted with disagreement, they don't debate. Debate is premised on reality being independent from thought, and thought being the correct or incorrect identification of reality. What they do is attack, with the goal of silencing their opponent. There is no right and wrong for them. There's just freedom to have their fantasies, or oppression by bigots, which must be eliminated (because every reality is equal, except for those which insist on being the genuine article).

It happened in Germany before the Nazis took over. Non-judgment, except for those who judge. When there is no objectivity left, the worst are free to ascend and dominate.

The thing is (for starters) those states seceded from the union because they wanted to maintain slavery. The claim is made that they were exercising their prerogative as states free of federal powers (or that federal powers were exercising undue prerogatives), but the contention between the conflicting prerogatives was slavery. A fairly solid argument can be made that slavery was unconstitutional, but an impenetrable argument can be made for the wholesale violation of individual rights that slavery represents (and the protection of individual rights is the purpose of the Constitution in the first place). The southern states had no right to maintain the institution, period. When I see the Confederate flag, that is the 'heritage' I see being represented. I don't understand what else it could represent. That they were fighting for their 'way of life' doesn't hold water. The only aspect of their way of life being threatened was the ownership of slaves.

So that was the stand they took, the flag they raised was an enemy flag, and the enemy lost the war. It's incomprehensible to me that it would ever be permitted to fly over an American governmental facility after 1865. I realize they are state facilities, but they are states within a union. But, like I said, that's just me. Clearly, the federal government has no intentions of forcing their hand. In the final analysis, they shouldn't have to. Honor should be enough for them to see the error their forebears made and take it down. Nikki Haley did the right thing, and she did it under appropriate circumstances. In light of the horror perpetrated by that racist scumbag in Charleston, choosing to strike the symbol (which is as much a racist symbol as it is a symbol of southern heritage) from state grounds sent the message that the flag did not represent the state of South Carolina.

Anyone who thinks they can decide for private individuals what the flag means and whether or not they can fly is an authoritarian pig, and they're brazenly tipping the hand of the entire politically correct zeitgeist. They are a demographic that could stand to learn from the historical example that was made of the Confederacy: your way of life does not give you the right to the lives of anyone besides yourself, and if you decide to initiate force to cross that line, you invite the equivalent retaliatory force down upon yourself.

:lecture :clap

Back