Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to do over a mile a few years back. Never pushed myself too far. But, I'll have to get back to you on that in several weeks. I'm more out of shape than Rocky when he first ran up the stairs :rotfl.

You're better off just using a machine or doing in place cardio than running. Too many problems arise from running in your knees after awhile.

You're better off just using a machine or doing in place cardio than running. Too many problems arise from running in your knees after awhile.

I had some hip and knee issues from hockey and I started running in those five fingers shoes a few years ago and all the issues went away while running.
I gave a pair to my buddy and he got a stress fracture in his foot though so those shoes definitely aren't for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some hip and knee issues from hockey and I started running in those five fingers shoes a few years ago and all the issues went away while running.
I gave a pair to my buddy and he got a stress fracture in his foot though so those shoes definitely aren't for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen those, haven't heard much about them. What are those designed for exactly? Better planting of your foot so it's more natural?

Thread mill are fine. Mr. Green like to walk uphill a little. There is not a lot of up hill walking in this neighborhood. As long as the heart rate is between 130 and 140, that is fine.

They're hard on your knees and feet as well.
Oh really? I've only heard the opposite. And I don't see how that could be true anyway.

When you're running on a road, something so hard and stiff (giggity), you don't have anything (outside of your shoes) to absorb the impact. When you're running in the wilderness, on a trail or something, your feet are going to be constantly stepping in odd positions because of how uneven and unpredictable the terrain is. I imagine it's much easier to get a sprain that way as well.

I use a treadmill and not only do I not feel any pain in my knees or feet from it, but it's actually helped with my Tendonitis.

Metal Gear Solid. Trashy games.
giphy.gif

Fixed. Now this is the smartest thing you have ever said! It's not funny to you because everyone's laughing at you, and because it's true! :lol

I bet I'm smarter than 98% of the people here, probably more. It probably doesn't seem like it..... but...... I probably am.

Back