THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,Oblivion was a good solid movie, not great, but good.
Pacific Rim...yeah, not so much.

I'm just giving him crap. Jose likes to rip on certain movies so I friendly rib him right back. He knows I'm just giving him crap. Both movies were alright.

While there's some fun stuff in 3, it feels more like a corporate product than any other MCU film (though IM2 and Cap come close.)

Both times I watched it, I could see the execs sitting around saying, "We need a little kid. Audiences love kids! People love Downey even more, so give him more face time. Gwyneth wants in on the action. Let's throw her in the suit, then give her powers and have her save the day. **** it, lets throw in 50 suits at the end to sell even more toys."

That said, I love what they did with the Mandarin. Go figure.

Sure, all these movies are commercial. But to me, IRON MAN 1 and AVENGERS actually feel like movies.

Iron Man 3 was the most non Commercial studio film made in the last few years....what the **** people. Shane Black made a straight up spy thriller out of a superhero franchise. That's a feat. And an unexpected one at that.

Iron Man 3 was the most non Commercial studio film made in the last few years....what the **** people. Shane Black made a straight up spy thriller out of a superhero franchise. That's a feat. And an unexpected one at that.

I just loved the gritty approach he took with those robots fighting lava people jumping off cranes. That's some Tom Clancy **** right there.

The stuff with Tony going MacGyver and infiltrating Killian's mansion was a lot of fun. The rest was as Hollywood as it gets.

While there's some fun stuff in 3, it feels more like a corporate product than any other MCU film (though IM2 and Cap come close.)

Both times I watched it, I could see the execs sitting around saying, "We need a little kid. Audiences love kids! People love Downey even more, so give him more face time. Gwyneth wants in on the action. Let's throw her in the suit, then give her powers and have her save the day. **** it, lets throw in 50 suits at the end to sell even more toys."

That said, I love what they did with the Mandarin. Go figure.

Sure, all these movies are commercial. But to me, IRON MAN 1 and AVENGERS actually feel like movies.

the character study of tony coping with the aftermath of new york and his skewed concentration in building different armors for specific tasks was fantastic. he dug deep to overcome his anxiety and save the day by more than simply donning the suit. he made something out of nothing and had to use his wits to beat the villains. i guess people missed several reasons why this movie was a great one. and the house party protocol gave those people looking for armors to destroy everything in sight what they wanted.

I just loved the gritty approach he took with those robots fighting lava people jumping off cranes. That's some Tom Clancy **** right there.

The stuff with Tony going MacGyver and infiltrating Killian's mansion was a lot of fun. The rest was as Hollywood as it gets.

What else would it be? I don't get this complaint. It's a mass market Hollywood movie. Of course it's going to be a Hollywood movie. But it still took more risk then any other Hollywood movie of it's kind. And that's a plus.

What else would it be? I don't get this complaint. It's a mass market Hollywood movie. Of course it's going to be a Hollywood movie. But it still took more risk then any other Hollywood movie of it's kind. And that's a plus.

Only risk it took was the Mandarin. Everything else was practically off an executive's checklist.

the character study of tony coping with the aftermath of new york and his skewed concentration in building different armors for specific tasks was fantastic. he dug deep to overcome his anxiety and save the day by more than simply donning the suit. he made something out of nothing and had to use his wits to beat the villains. i guess people missed several reasons why this movie was a great one. and the house party protocol gave those people looking for armors to destroy everything in sight what they wanted.

That's one solid aspect I enjoyed. It makes the full-retard third act even more jarring.

Not really. He's who people pay to see anyway. A bigger risk for regular audiences would have him in the suit with his face covered 90% of the time.

Yet it's ironic though, that one of the most consistent complaints about the film is that it's an RDJ showcase movie about Tony Stark, not Iron Man. There's plenty of evidence of that in the IM3 thread. :huh

Nothing Tony did in IM3 he didn't do better and with less resources than in the first IM. I can understand wanting to pull him back abit, but man the whole thing felt off. That's before you get to the Shyamalamadingdong twist and Iron Pepper.

But enough of the zombie past, I'm suitably pumped for Thor 2.

Jyecat, I agrees wit u. Dis movie iz da shiznit.:lecture

Seriously, though; this may be tied with IM1 for my favorite Marvel movie, thus far. It struck that perfect balance. There were times when I thought The Avengers was a bit too humorous, but this one; yeah, they ****ing nailed it.

That's one solid aspect I enjoyed. It makes the full-retard third act even more jarring.

This is the only thing that I will agree with.

It's a Hollywood movie. It can't be anything other then a Hollywood movie. That being said, the end battle isn't great. But everything up until that, is.

Back