THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it tonight...I really liked it. Restored my faith in Phase 2 after IM3 (wasn't a fan of that one at all). The Winter Soldier trailer looked great...can't wait to see that one.

Guardians of the Galaxy probably intrigues me the most, though. Next year's movies are shaping up to be great!

Once again, a Thor film surprises the Hell out of me with its story and characters. Damn fine film all around. And makes up for Iron Man 3. MCU Phase 2 is back on track. Bring on The Winter Soldier, the rest of Agents of SHIELD, and Guardians of the Galaxy!

The more I think about this movie, the more I like it.

I can see people who don't like fantasy being turned off by it, but I like fantasy movies.

One of my favorite scenes was bad *** Frita vs Malekith.

It's worth repeating.

Asgard > Krypton

Loved it, just as much as the first. Thor and Loki were awesome yet again. The score was better in the first one though, as was Asgard. I liked the more "grand and gold" look of Asgard. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

The only part I did not like was the first after credit scene...the costumes, makeup, and set just looked awful. Very cheesy compared to the rest of the movie, it looked like they put that scene together in 5 minutes.

Loved it, just as much as the first. Thor and Loki were awesome yet again. The score was better in the first one though, as was Asgard. I liked the more "grand and gold" look of Asgard. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

The only part I did not like was the first after credit scene...the costumes, makeup, and set just looked awful. Very cheesy compared to the rest of the movie, it looked like they put that scene together in 5 minutes.

Agree 100% about the DTV look of the first after credit scene.

Regarding the unpolished look of Asgard, at first I felt the same as you but then I started to understand that Asgard is in the midst of multiple wars and even Odin was weary and unpolished himself.

Agree 100% about the DTV look of the first after credit scene.

Regarding the unpolished look of Asgard, at first I felt the same as you but then I started to understand that Asgard is in the midst of multiple wars and even Odin was weary and unpolished himself.

Of course they're not polish, they're norse. :slap

Excellent, excellent movie!!!! Wasn't a bit underwhelmed like I felt after watching IM3.... The film had the right blend of action, comedy, FX, and romance I had hoped for! The visuals were stunning and the character interactions were fantastic!!! In fact, I plan on seeing it again with my wife since she likes both Hemsworth and Hiddleston!

For anyone who hasn't seen this, stay AFTER the credits! There are 2 bonus scenes which are pretty cool! :rock

Hoping this does well at the Box Office.... Would love to see a Thor 3 done right like this one! I just hope the same director returns! :pray:

One thing I will say, there is nothing in Thor 2 that has the emotional impact of these 3 scenes from Thor 1.

1. Odin casting Thor out.
2. Thor unable to pick up his hammer.
3. Thor getting his power back.

Especially #1, Odin was amazing in the scene.

Still though, Thor 2 was fun.

Laughing at MOS.

Some of my favourite funny moments:

Hanging Mjonir on the coat rack.
Thors dialogue after slaying the rock monster.
Thor getting on the underground (with the woman creaming her pants with lust)

Back