THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much, much better than the first Thor film..
Spoiler Spoiler:
..and Malketh rocks!
:rock

Looking forward to this movie today, in 2 hours. Malketh is currently in Thor comics. I am more interested in this God Butcher from the comics but I doubts its gonna hit movie version. Maybe he'll be in Thor 3.

:google :google :google

Thor 2 Red Carpet...

jaimie-alexander-see-thru-dress-at-thor-the-dark-world-premiere-in-los-angeles-adds-1.jpg

:thud:

Just got home from the marathon, enjoyed Thor again, loved seeing The Avengers on the big screen again.

LOVED Dark World. I like to be entertained, while the amount of humor is surprising for a super hero movie, and I'm sure some people will say it was too much, but if it makes me laugh then I enjoy it.

Probably the thing I liked the most was
Spoiler Spoiler:

My one minor complaint was
Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't wait to see it again.
Ok I haven't seen this yet. Spoilers don't bother me at all so please do tell in another spoiler.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Jye, was it good?!?!

Here's my review from the previous page. :rotfl

Other than Trevor the humor in IM3 didn't work for me.

The humor in this nailed it just right.

If anything Thor 2 is the final nail in the coffin against WB/DC sour puss movies.

Thor 2 proves that mixing drama with comedy makes the action better and makes the audience care!

Mixing drama and comedy is not an easy thing to do, but Marvel has now proven that it makes for a more "realistic" movie than WB/DC version of "realism".

Seriously, this movie clearly shows everything that was wrong with MOS.

This movie has better Star Wars than the PT!

This movie had a better Orc than the Hobbit!

I loved that one of the best hero moments came from a human.

This movie was actually bat **** crazy!

Loved almost every second of it!

Seeing it again today, this time with the wife.

Here's my review from the previous page. :rotfl

Other than Trevor the humor in IM3 didn't work for me.

The humor in this nailed it just right.

If anything Thor 2 is the final nail in the coffin against WB/DC sour puss movies.

Thor 2 proves that mixing drama with comedy makes the action better and makes the audience care!

Mixing drama and comedy is not an easy thing to do, but Marvel has now proven that it makes for a more "realistic" movie than WB/DC version of "realism".

Seriously, this movie clearly shows everything that was wrong with MOS.

This movie has better Star Wars than the PT!

This movie had a better Orc than the Hobbit!

I loved that one of the best hero moments came from a human.

This movie was actually bat **** crazy!

Loved almost every second of it!

Seeing it again today, this time with the wife.

Woweezowee! Jye seal of approval. :panic:

So excited, I'm going tonight!

I guess i'm alone on this but the movie really didn't work for me.

The humor was too silly. Certain moments were genuinely funny, but others made most of the jokes made me roll my eyes. Every moment where Kat Dennings was on screen made me cringe. I don't get why she had to have a punch line every time she made an appearance. Maybe it's just not my style of humor, but I really just couldn't go with it.

The villain was sort of a let down. Standard motives, no real character, boring character.

Didn't care too much for the designs either. Malekith could have been a little more interesting looking, but came off as sort of bland. The secondary villain that turns into a monster looked weird too. Him, as well as the I guess minion elves gave off a Power Rangers vibe to me.

I did like certain parts of it though. Chris Hemsworth and Loki are still great as Thor and Loki of course. I like the development of Thor's character a lot as well.

Overall it was just way too campy for me and felt too conventional. Not bad, but nothing worth watching in my opinion.

Back