TitanFall - from the original creators of Call of Duty (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it'll do OK, it's not entirely under the control of EA even though it's published by them so I don't think they will have as much interference compared to something like BF4 or Dragon Age 2 which were rushed.

Ordered, this is a bargain. If sideshow made the exact same statue, it will be a maquette and cost over $800

Man I hope this game is a success. They seem to be betting on it

I think they are relying on their name to lure a bunch of FPS fans who were loyal to them when the Modern Warfare scene exploded in popularity and the controversy when they left. I want it to be successful too, but I wonder if the FPS market is already pass its peak in popularity and it won't get much attention. I haven't kept up with how COD: Ghost is doing in sales or online activity so I could be wrong that the FPS scene with COD is still big or not.

I can see it doing well. It's a fresh take on the FPS genre. I can see people whining about the AI players but most will look past it. Hopefully they buff them up though so they aren't insanely easy to kill and basically cannon fodder.

SOURCE - Gameinformer

Titanfall Beta Won't Be Limited To Pre-Order Customers
by Matt Helgeson on February 03, 2014 at 09:02 AM

According to Respawn Entertainment found Vince Zampella, the much-anticipated Titanfall beta is coming soon - and you won't have to pre-order the game to get access.

He's been teasing that more beta details will be coming soon, but we do know one piece of solid information: you won't have to pre-order the game to gain access to the beta.

When asked whether a pre-order will be required by a fan on Twitter, Zampella responded: "will not require a pre-order, but no more details than that yet..."

Let's hope we find out soon, the Titanfall beta is one of the most anticipated in years.

Our Take:
Respawn is definitely saving themselves a headache by not limiting it to pre-order customers - any slight bump in pre-orders wouldn't be worth the possible PR backlash.

I think they are relying on their name to lure a bunch of FPS fans who were loyal to them when the Modern Warfare scene exploded in popularity and the controversy when they left. I want it to be successful too, but I wonder if the FPS market is already pass its peak in popularity and it won't get much attention. I haven't kept up with how COD: Ghost is doing in sales or online activity so I could be wrong that the FPS scene with COD is still big or not.

COD is huge still. It hasn't sold quiet as well as the others but I have a feeling BO3 will be right up there again. Ghosts is actually a good game even though I ****ing hated it at 1st but now I've got used to it I've been having a blast. I find with this COD you need to be a lot more tactical & you'll need to slow your game down compared to the past games in the series. You can't just run around now because you'll just get shot in the back & at 1st I hated the game for that reason but I've been forced to be much more of a team player now rather than trying to play like Rambo :lol

COD is huge still. It hasn't sold quiet as well as the others but I have a feeling BO3 will be right up there again. Ghosts is actually a good game even though I ****ing hated it at 1st but now I've got used to it I've been having a blast. I find with this COD you need to be a lot more tactical & you'll need to slow your game down compared to the past games in the series. You can't just run around now because you'll just get shot in the back & at 1st I hated the game for that reason but I've been forced to be much more of a team player now rather than trying to play like Rambo :lol

I'm experiencing this right now. I was getting pretty ticked off the other night, and questioned why I even bothered buying the game because so far the online experience is not that fun. I have been slowing down and just playing around now.

Thanks for the awesome info, Fritz.

Anyone here, if so inclined, feel free to add me when this hits:

GT: xx Matt71 xx (on my end it appears with no spaces, but have been told spaces needed the way I put it)

SOURCE - IGN

Titanfall on PC Will Require EA's Origin to Play
"I'll also ask that you give origin a try for the beta, costs you nothing."
by Luke Karmali FEBRUARY 5, 2014

Titanfall on PC will require you to download and register with EA's digital platform of Origin in order to play.

The news comes courtesy of Respawn boss Vince Zampella, who said on Twitter that Origin would be needed, before imploring people to give it a go.

Zampella followed this up by saying, "I'll also ask that you give origin a try for the beta, costs you nothing." Interestingly, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, another game published but not developer by EA, didn't require Origin to play.

Though it was officially announced last week, we still don't know how you'll get access to the Titanfall beta or when it'll kick off. Supposedly, pre-ordering won't be necessary, and posters spotted in a French retailer suggested it'd start on February 14, though this has yet to be confirmed. Respawn has publicly said that sign-ups for the beta are currently not available, and advised any interested parties to be wary of phising scams.

Last night, the minimum PC specs required for Titanfall were revealed. While the RAM requirements are fairly kind, you will need a 64-bit version of Windows to get involved.

You won't need Origin for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of Titanfall.

Origin is like EA's version of Steam, generally people don't like it, it's not the worst thing in the world but I for one don't like it simply because I'd rather have all my games in one place (Steam)

Origin is like EA's version of Steam, generally people don't like it, it's not the worst thing in the world but I for one don't like it simply because I'd rather have all my games in one place (Steam)

Same. It's an unnecessary system. I think it's just assumed that any EA game requires it and I can't think of anyone who's particularly happy about that.

It's a closed beta, just like the alpha. Invites go out and only select players will get chosen. Kinda odd seeing as you'd expect them to try and bog down the servers as much as possible to test them. Supposedly there will be a ton more people than the alpha though.

Hopefully I get picked again.

Back