Toyfair 2007 Captain America pics.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli26 said:
How much does that go for now? I know somebody who owns the first appearance of all of Spider-Man's big original badies, and all in good shape. First appearance of the Green Goblin... better yet, I'll visit his store again and see who he has. I been contemplating buying some of those issues off of him. Albeit, they go for a cool grand. :'(

I used to buy and sell comics on the bay......Ive had Spiderman #4 first sandman #13 first Mysterio, #14 first green Goblin, #20 first scorpion, #28 first molten man, #40 Origin of the Green Goblin and #41 first Rhino. The best was the #40 I bought off ebay for $320 right before the first Spider-man movie came out It graded a cool 9.4 unrestored with off white to white pages and I flipped it for $1350:chew .......its worth about $2500-$3000 now though but wth I made my money off it.........wish I still had it though:monkey2

Titan7170 said:
I used to buy and sell comics on the bay......Ive had Spiderman #4 first sandman #13 first Mysterio, #14 first green Goblin, #20 first scorpion, #28 first molten man, #40 Origin of the Green Goblin and #41 first Rhino. The best was the #40 I bought off ebay for $320 right before the first Spider-man movie came out It graded a cool 9.4 unrestored with off white to white pages and I flipped it for $1350:chew .......its worth about $2500-$3000 now though but wth I made my money off it.........wish I still had it though:monkey2

Can you be my daddy?

Titan7170 said:
I used to buy and sell comics on the bay......Ive had Spiderman #4 first sandman #13 first Mysterio, #14 first green Goblin, #20 first scorpion, #28 first molten man, #40 Origin of the Green Goblin and #41 first Rhino...

So when did Electro make his first appearance? No love for my personal fave Electro? :monkey2

Is there a library of high res comic covers anywhere? I wouldn't mind printing off some of the more desirable covers to display with some of the PFs.

Khev said:
Interesting observation. Removeable wings also means SS could release an ultra-limited "Ultimates Cap" variant, minus the wings and including a utility belt.

Ultimates-CaptainAmerica.jpg

Mind you I'd have no interest in this version but I'm sure there would be at least 50 or 75 fans who would jump at the opportunity to get one.

And I would be one of them. :rock

Millar's take on Cap (mirrored in the regular universe by Ed Brubaker) as a harder-edged soldier who actually killed a lot of guys during WWII (and continues to kill the bad guys today, as necessary) is a much more believable version of the character than the "let's just knock out an army of Nazis with a shield" version that we had to naively swallow for years. He's a super soldier, not a super-consciencious objector.

And, again, my vote goes to Cole Hauser as the best option for a Captain America actor in the movie.

Eli26 said:
Can you be my daddy?

Sure, but only if you are a female 19-27 in age, height of about 5'4-5'8 and weight 125-140..........Ill be your daddy or anything else you want.:lol

Fritz said:
So when did Electro make his first appearance? No love for my personal fave Electro? :monkey2

Never had the opportunity to get a good one......I always wanted that issue though Electro is:cool:

Khev said:
Interesting observation. Removeable wings also means SS could release an ultra-limited "Ultimates Cap" variant, minus the wings and including a utility belt.

Ultimates-CaptainAmerica.jpg

Mind you I'd have no interest in this version but I'm sure there would be at least 50 or 75 fans who would jump at the opportunity to get one.

I love the Ultimates version of Cap and would jump at the opportunity to add a PF in my collection of it. Although unfortunately to be true to the character design it'd require more than just the removal of wings and addition of a utility belt. Ultimate Cap has the second tone to the costume most commonly shown as grey but I've seen it done white as well, with dependant on artist interpretation either blue, white or grey pants that resemble cargo pants more than tights and the gloves and boots are shown mostly brownish color, not to mention the "piping" all over the costume and the added pouches everywhere.

ultilz5.png

I'd love it but I think it'd be too much of a change to be an exclusive....:monkey2

Although I hope I'm wrong. :D

Jedi_Mike said:
...I'd love it but I think it'd be too much of a change to be an exclusive....:monkey2

Although I hope I'm wrong. :D

I hope so too, I like that version better. The quick and easy way to do it is get rid of the wings, re-paint it and add a belt. I think it's doable.

Fritz said:
I hope so too, I like that version better. The quick and easy way to do it is get rid of the wings, re-paint it and add a belt. I think it's doable.
I'm with you guys. I would love this version as well. Hopefully I would be one of the lucky 75 to get it.:monkey2

El Roranous said:
I'm with you guys. I would love this version as well. Hopefully I would be one of the lucky 75 to get it.:monkey2

If not I have some spare torches and pitchforks for our visit to Sideshow. :D

Back