Wanderer's Wares

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! Impressive Score; Wanderer, Wow!

Lovin' the Batman bust!

Batman looks really great! Congrats man :hi5:

Thanks guys :) On a bit of a bad note, the Batman busts have been reported to be defective with an oily residue over the head. Something happened at the factory inChina and a lot of the busts went out without a full QC. Looks like I've got one of them... :(
I'm in comms with SS and we're talking about having me smash the piece...gutted ain't the word!!

Thanks guys :) On a bit of a bad note, the Batman busts have been reported to be defective with an oily residue over the head. Something happened at the factory inChina and a lot of the busts went out without a full QC. Looks like I've got one of them... :(
I'm in comms with SS and we're talking about having me smash the piece...gutted ain't the word!!

Curse the Fk'n Luck

Yeah thanks gents. Defo sucks big time :( They've told me to smash it and they'll sort out my refund...But they won't re-release it again until September though. Gutted as its an awesome piece.
I tried using a damp cloth to get rid of the oil but it's now misted up the paint job where the oil was :slap

Jeez it's gonna be hard smashing it :monkey2

Yeah thanks gents. Defo sucks big time :( They've told me to smash it and they'll sort out my refund...But they won't re-release it again until September though. Gutted as its an awesome piece.
I tried using a damp cloth to get rid of the oil but it's now misted up the paint job where the oil was :slap

Jeez it's gonna be hard smashing it :monkey2

That really sucks, and what a monumental waste to ask you to smash it :mad:

Should be gifted to a less fortunate batfan

More of the same but slight move around to try and maximise the limited room I've got left.

ff05b4bb.jpg

594a43f5.jpg

0ce7e989.jpg

I've also had a massive change of heart over the Batman bust. I'm keeping a daily eye on the oil issue but so far it's stayed away however there's slight discolouration on his dome. Personally I can live with that albeit after paying all that money it should be perfect. Problem is, when I weigh up all the associated ball ache of smashing it, getting a refund but having to pay and claim against the impending FedEx charges plus I won't see a replacement for a few months, makes me want to keep it. With that in mind, I'm going to see if Sideshow will knock some $$ of it....highly unlikely in which case I will get a hammer to it, but worth a shout :/

326c991b.jpg

I'm all over that premium format Batman when it's out btw...it'll be stunning :D

Alas poor Batman I knew you well :monkey2

374c8c28.jpg

On a plus side, this piece came out rather TDKR though! :yess:

3e5154c1.jpg

I love my DC Direct Batman ... Now I've re-painted his mush. Gave his belt a bit of a weather too to try and dull it down :)

8bb7f105.jpg

3bd7a1e0.jpg

273c7af8.jpg

On a plus side, this piece came out rather TDKR though! :yess:

3e5154c1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yes that was my thoughts also, I would use as part of my display JMO

Yeah man that is a kick ass statue and cool repaint :)

As for boxes they get shoved in the loft.

Cheers CBob. Flesh tones arent my strongest suit. I can never find that blend to create real human skin!! At least this is comic Batman so I just about get away with it :)

Yes that was my thoughts also, I would use as part of my display JMO

Yeah that's my thoughts exactly. I'm gonna try and dremmel off his face and eyes and that should make a nice display piece :D

I don't know how some of the boardies do it, especially eyes... I've got a Count Dooku head sitting there for about 2yrs but I'm too scared to start on it!!

Back