Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grats...If the carton says 750 maybe that's how many they sold...if thats the case it's good

I like the photos, but it's much smaller than I was imagining for the price. It looks like if you sat the orthanc tower at the same height, it would be just as tall. I was thinking this was going to tower above it. I think the pic is probably throwing me off, as I'm sure it is taller.

I like the photos, but it's much smaller than I was imagining for the price. It looks like if you sat the orthanc tower at the same height, it would be just as tall. I was thinking this was going to tower above it. I think the pic is probably throwing me off, as I'm sure it is taller.

I think barad dur is sitting on the wood base, it's not the same size at all.
So hardyakka_mate , can you say with all the details by your eyes the effort on this tower worth the 700$ beside the other environments from weta?

I'm so glad this is L/E 1000...This will IMHO no doubt sell out in 2013...I like what I see...although the painting of this piece no way could have been that hard as to say Rivendell....The Lava moat looks good and reminds me of the up coming SS Sauron piece...That base is huge and looks like its as big as the Rivendell base...again I like what I see

Congratulations Hardyakka :clap

Looks fantastic and definately comes with a big slice of humble pie for the doubters :wink1:

Still would have preferred the eye app to be universal and it would have been a sure buy for me :(

The doubters will still think the Danbury one looks as good.

I still think the DM one still looks good and is a great value...is it as good looking and majestic as this one...no...I wont knock the DM version or one who owns it...it's a great piece and grats to the owners..and until this one came along it was the best Barad-dur out there period

I still think the DM one still looks good and is a great value...is it as good looking and majestic as this one...no...I wont knock the DM version or one who owns it...it's a great piece and grats to the owners..and until this one came along it was the best Barad-dur out there period

:lecture

Had it, liked it, sold it on the basis of WETA making something bigger and better which they have achieved 99%.

People were really saying the CM one topped this? Only complaints I recall about this one was the price, which quite honestly is still a fair complaint to me. Toying with canceling mine this weekend, timing is just awful right before Xmas.

People were really saying the CM one topped this? Only complaints I recall about this one was the price, which quite honestly is still a fair complaint to me. Toying with canceling mine this weekend, timing is just awful right before Xmas.

Yeah. There were people saying the DM was much better and the weta one would be inaccurate and proceeded to bash the company. Just cause they couldn't afford this version. Seems a bit silly.

So what about the material, is the top part PVC?

Hi Boromir :wave. Yes, the top part and the rest of the tower is PVC. It's hard, strong and heavy plastic. Though the detachable top part of the tower is hollow (I think) because it is light. I think the only part that is made of polystone is the rocky base which supports the tower. This is a good decision of Weta; if they chose polystone for the tower, it would have been impossible to mould the finer details and it would not survive transit without breakages. Overall, it is a very fine environment. :clap

Hi Boromir :wave. Yes, the top part and the rest of the tower is PVC. It's hard, strong and heavy plastic. Though the detachable top part of the tower is hollow (I think) because it is light. I think the only part that is made of polystone is the rocky base which supports the tower. This is a good decision of Weta; if they chose polystone for the tower, it would have been impossible to mould the finer details and it would not survive transit without breakages. Overall, it is a very fine environment. :clap

Talking with them at comic-con that's why they said they would use this material. It would actually hold the detail better would deal with shipping better. Polystone is very fragile and for something like this they wanted to make sure it got where it needed intact.

I think barad dur is sitting on the wood base, it's not the same size at all.
So hardyakka_mate , can you say with all the details by your eyes the effort on this tower worth the 700$ beside the other environments from weta?

Well, if I judge purely by looks, it easy to say that Rivendell should have cost more as most of that is made of polystone (I think) plus the colours applied and whatnot. But of course, those aren't all the factors to be considered. Seeing this and upon close inspection, I daresay $700 is justifiable for this environment. The amount of detail put into it is unbelievable. Getting this is one of the best decisions I've made in terms of buying Weta environments (take note, I haven't got all the environments that Weta has released). :wink1:

Congratulations Hardyakka :clap

Looks fantastic and definately comes with a big slice of humble pie for the doubters :wink1:

Still would have preferred the eye app to be universal and it would have been a sure buy for me :(

Hi DaveMac :wave. Thank you! Well, I'm def not one of those who doubted. :wink1: What? You mean you're letting this go just bec. of the app? :horror

Congrats man! What an amazing piece! Stunning! I hope I'll be able to get one one day.:(

Thanks carbo-fation! Oh I hope you'll get it one of these days (hopefully soon :wink1:). Yes, it's quite pricey I know. I've made my decision to get it when I saw photos from comic-con. Since then, I prepared my wallet for it. :lol

I'm so glad this is L/E 1000...This will IMHO no doubt sell out in 2013...I like what I see...although the painting of this piece no way could have been that hard as to say Rivendell....The Lava moat looks good and reminds me of the up coming SS Sauron piece...That base is huge and looks like its as big as the Rivendell base...again I like what I see

Hi Adolfo :wave. Is yours on the way too? I'm looking forward to your pics esp. when you set it up to join your other awesome enviros! Have you reserved already a place for Barad-dur? Give it plenty of space as it's quite big. :wink1:

Back