Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post pics when yours arrive ok? I really like your outdoor shots. And sightings of your cute dogs! :)

I will take shots shortly after. I don't usually get home until its nearly dark but that weekend it will happen. I will make sure to get if they come to watch while I'm taking pics. I can share a pic of them anytime you want to see one. I take pictures of them all the time.

Talking with them at comic-con that's why they said they would use this material. It would actually hold the detail better would deal with shipping better. Polystone is very fragile and for something like this they wanted to make sure it got where it needed intact.

It's a good decision they've made! Weta has really set the bar high with this enviro. Just think of all the nice future enviros for us! :yess: The combination of materials to bring out the best in terms of detail and durability is the best way to go. From here on in, any environment is possible with Weta. I would like Minas Tirith next! :wink1:

I will take shots shortly after. I don't usually get home until its nearly dark but that weekend it will happen. I will make sure to get if they come to watch while I'm taking pics. I can share a pic of them anytime you want to see one. I take pictures of them all the time.

Staying back at work are you, Josh? Hard yakka! That's all right, take your time no pressure :wink1:! Oh yes, I like to see pics of your dogs! I love dogs; I've got 2 myself though they're not with me at the moment :monkey2. Missing them much.

It's a good decision they've made! Weta has really set the bar high with this enviro. Just think of all the nice future enviros for us! :yess: The combination of materials to bring out the best in terms of detail and durability is the best way to go. From here on in, any environment is possible with Weta. I would like Minas Tirith next! :wink1:

I hear ya. What you show in your pictures and what they had at comic-con I think speak volumes on the level of quality and detail Weta turns out. I hope they give us Minas Tirith as well. :rock

Staying back at work are you, Josh? Hard yakka! That's all right, take your time no pressure :wink1:! Oh yes, I like to see pics of your dogs! I love dogs; I've got 2 myself though they're not with me at the moment :monkey2. Missing them much.

Well, the school day doesn't get over until 4:15 my time and I don't usually get home until after 5 pm my time. So it starts to get dark and not the best for taking pictures. That's why I wait until the weekend during the school year or during Thanksgiving/Christmas breaks. I can be picky about the time of day. Cool! I will pm you a few tomorrow when I get up (I'm about to crash for the day). I hear ya. I kiss mine during the day and can't wait to get home to see them each night. With that I'm off to bed. Goodnight my friend :hi5:

As for what is next - I am happy with my DM Minas Tirith and could wait a few years for a bigger and better one.

How about a large GROND?

Or maybe the BLACK GATE OF MORDOR?

Well, if I judge purely by looks, it easy to say that Rivendell should have cost more as most of that is made of polystone (I think) plus the colours applied and whatnot. But of course, those aren't all the factors to be considered. Seeing this and upon close inspection, I daresay $700 is justifiable for this environment. The amount of detail put into it is unbelievable. Getting this is one of the best decisions I've made in terms of buying Weta environments (take note, I haven't got all the environments that Weta has released). :wink1:

Well, I'm gonna trust your words on that and keep my order. If tower is all made of PVC, I'm just afraid that it will look like a big cheap plastic toy.

Josh, you spoke with the guys at CC. Did he tell you that the tower on the prototype were made of PVC too?

Hi Adolfo :wave. Is yours on the way too? I'm looking forward to your pics esp. when you set it up to join your other awesome enviros! Have you reserved already a place for Barad-dur? Give it plenty of space as it's quite big. :wink1:

Yup...ordered right away because it's L/E...just waiting like everyone else in America...glad you got low number...I bet NZ got the lowest # followed by AU then rest of world...grats

Josh, you spoke with the guys at CC. Did he tell you that the tower on the prototype were made of PVC too?

I believe the whole tower is. Thing is what was shown at comic-con was what we would be getting and it looked fantastic

Simply stunning these photos in your Barad Dur Hardyakka_mate.

Awesome I can not say more, Weta for now is keeping a very good quality in their production parts.

Hi Gangrel :wave. It's truly a great piece! One of the best in Weta's releases so far. Did you get one? :)

If I have one ordered, waiting to receive the first copies Weta European Stock.

For me it is best done by Weta environment to date.

I saw him again to congratulate for the excellent photos you have taken, some are worthy of museum.

Back