Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I really liked the weathertop scene when the 4 hobbits paired together to be ready to fight.

One question that came up my mind. Was Sideshow refering to the 9 characters or the first movie when they said that they want to complete "the fellowship". Until now it seems they're focusing on the first movie in the maquette line.

At some point, there was an interview and they talked about having a rough sort of progression through the story with the character choices in the maquette line, with the idea that they would focus on the Fellowship and introduce the supporting characters as they were encountered. They don't have to be slaves to that idea, but I would expect a Saruman before a Mouth of Sauron, etc.

I would expect once the hobbits are announced we will see characters from various parts of the movies.

At some point, there was an interview and they talked about having a rough sort of progression through the story with the character choices in the maquette line, with the idea that they would focus on the Fellowship and introduce the supporting characters as they were encountered. They don't have to be slaves to that idea, but I would expect a Saruman before a Mouth of Sauron, etc.

Based on a historical progression (that concentrates on the fellowship), I would have expected to see a High Elven Warrior (3434 of the 2nd Age) before Arwen (born 3rd century of the 3rd Age). I assume that the Wraiths came before the Last Alliance, so maybe the HEW will be very soon!

Treebeard would be cool but I would think could be a logistical nightmare.

1088719723_19d843f400.jpg

:lol

I find it funny how people were moaning that we didn't get a 'proper' fellowship in the old SSW line just because Pippin was in Gondorian armour, and yet now people want their fellowship completed with the 4 hobbits despite Boromir being in Gondorian armour!

No i agree 100% - i posted this and then saw the Fellowship diorama from Weta! We're being very spoilt now, and it can only get better! There's something for everyone.

No i agree 100% - i posted this and then saw the Fellowship diorama from Weta! We're being very spoilt now, and it can only get better! There's something for everyone.

Indeed! It's nice for fans of middle-earth to be getting some time in the sun once again.

I actually want the Fellowship in a varied allotment of outfits. I liked Strider a lot more in his current outfit compared to his King outfit. The Gondorian armor is great for Boromir, what he was before the Ring corrupted him.

The only thing I don't want is Frodo & Sam in Mordor disguises, just because it was so short-lived. Whatever they have planned, I am waiting anxiously!

I've got the Elessar statue and it's awesome. What I'd love to get is Aragon in this outfit he wore at the black gates in a stand alone statue. The rider statue was cool but I want that outfit minus a horse. I love seeing Boromir in this outfit for the reasons you mentioned though his traveling outfit is pretty cool. I'm with you on Frodo and Sam I want them in hobbit clothes.

I actually want the Fellowship in a varied allotment of outfits. I liked Strider a lot more in his current outfit compared to his King outfit. The Gondorian armor is great for Boromir, what he was before the Ring corrupted him.

The only thing I don't want is Frodo & Sam in Mordor disguises, just because it was so short-lived. Whatever they have planned, I am waiting anxiously!

:exactly: I'm so glad they gave us Strider and not Aragorn.

I find it funny how people were moaning that we didn't get a 'proper' fellowship in the old SSW line just because Pippin was in Gondorian armour, and yet now people want their fellowship completed with the 4 hobbits despite Boromir being in Gondorian armour!

Pippin in armor was a horrible call, as is this IMO. I love the statue but he should be in Fellowship clothing, the clothing we saw him in 99% of the time.

What I'd love to get is Aragon in this outfit he wore at the black gates in a stand alone statue. The rider statue was cool but I want that outfit minus a horse.

I've been hoping for that myself in either a maquette or a PF :)
I think the costume is perfect for PF. It would have some ace leather/ suade materials.

On the other hand, if it was a maquette it would go really well displayed with Boromir in his Gondorian armor and the flag :rock

Back