Will Hot toys Pred1, Guardian or Berserker ever reach P2 Elder Status?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hot toys pred will reach the crazy price points of P2 Elder First?

• Total voters
well berserker is a far better collactable than guardian

I don't know about "far better". I actually prefer guardian's armor over Berserkers armor. Also the overall color coordination of Guardian's skin to his armor is more bad-ass than berserkers overall color skeme with his armor IMO. The greys of Guardian's skin contrasts nicely with his metalic copper and silver chest and shoulder plates. But I have to admit, the detailed paint apps on the berserker body, with the red scales look pretty badass too. Both are nice in their own right with each having their good and bad points, but no one is "far better" than the other IMO.

Last edited:
I don't know about "far better". I actually prefer guardian's armor over Berserkers armor. Also the overall color coordination of Guardian's skin to his armor is more bad-ass than berserkers overall color skeme with his armor IMO. The greys of Guardian's skin contrasts nicely with his metalic copper and silver chest and shoulder plates. But I have to admit, the detailed paint apps on the berserker body, with the red scales look pretty badass too. Both are nice in their own right with each having their good and bad points, but no one is "far better" than the other IMO.

To put this debate to sleep, the limited availability of Guardian will pretty much ensure he goes up more than Berserker. That's likely the main reason the smaller runs of the older predators are up there.

To put this debate to sleep, the limited availability of Guardian will pretty much ensure he goes up more than Berserker...

Maybe...maybe not. It also depends on demand. Sure they may have released only 2000 guardians vs maybe 15000 berserkers, but if there are only 5,000 people who actually want guardian, vs say 200,000 people who want Berserker, then in that example senario berserker will go up more than guardian. The limited availability or supply of guardian alone doesn't nessesarily guarantee that he will go up faster than berserker. You got to factor in demand.

There maybe a chance that berserker will go up more in value than guardian over time because more people out there are aware of berserker more than guardian. The "Predators" movie came out just last year. Nobody even remembers guardian in "Predator 2" which came out over 20 years ago. This increased awareness of berserker, along with his cheaper price, may increase his demand relative to guardian. So the debate may not be put to sleep just yet.

Last edited:
Go and buy berserker now; he is still within the retail price range. Next decide if its worth your $$ for picking up Pred 1 or Guardian. I think thats all :duff

Maybe...maybe not. It also depends on demand. Sure they may have released only 2000 guardians vs maybe 15000 berserkers, but if there are only 5,000 people who actually want guardian, vs say 200,000 people who want Berserker, then in that example senario berserker will go up more than guardian. The limited availability or supply of guardian alone doesn't nessesarily guarantee that he will go up faster than berserker. You got to factor in demand.

There maybe a chance that berserker will go up more in value than guardian over time because more people out there are aware of berserker more than guardian. The predators movie came out just last year. Nobody even remembers guardian in Predator 2 which came out over 20 years ago. This increased awareness of berserker, along with his cheaper price, may increase his demand relative to guardian. So the debate may not be put to sleep just yet.

Business 101: Supply and Demand. Limited supply = more demand. More demand = higher prices on the secondary market. While I don't think Guardian will ever fetch the $800+ he was getting at SDCC, for a figure that was only released a few months prior to Berserker, and cost less than Berserker, he's worth more than double. Now that his limited run is over, he's only going to go up. Berserker, on the other hand, would need to be sold out by now to even keep pace. He's not. And with the larger run of the two, it'll keep him around the same price as Lost.

Business 101: Supply and Demand. Limited supply = more demand. More demand = higher prices on the secondary market. While I don't think Guardian will ever fetch the $800+ he was getting at SDCC, for a figure that was only released a few months prior to Berserker, and cost less than Berserker, he's worth more than double. Now that his limited run is over, he's only going to go up. Berserker, on the other hand, would need to be sold out by now to even keep pace. He's not. And with the larger run of the two, it'll keep him around the same price as Lost.
Let's not get too much into the economic talk for Christs sake as we wouldn't want to bore the other readers. Let's say I have a limited supply of 10 rotten eggs. I've just thrown away 5 of them. Now I've reduced my supply of rotten eggs by 50% down to 5. Will that increase demand for the rotten eggs? No, because the demand for rotten eggs is lacking. Now is guardian a rotten egg? Of course not, but I'm just trying to point out that demand for him may not be as strong as you think despite the limited supply. Has he gone up in price pretty fast? Initially yes, but he has also come down in price quite a bit as well from his highs.

I don't doubt that guardian maybe the next P2 elder, or come close to it more so than berserker. And perhaps you may be right that hot toys might have released so many berserkers that he will just float around like the lost pred. I'm just saying it could go either way. There is always the POSSIBILITY that berserker could go up as high as P2 elder just as there is the possibility that it could end up like lost pred, but the conclusion that this argument could be put to sleep is too early to tell IMHO. Lets agree to respectfully disagree. Only time can tell who is right.

P.S: :lecture Limited supply doesn't always equate to more demand as stated in your equation above (as the demand curve can shift to the left more so then the shift in supply curve thereby negating the effects of reduced supply) Sorry that was the geek side of me-I'm an econ major :wink1:

Last edited:
lol too much economic-talk here indeed. I still think that berserker will not reach $800 USD. The older figs came out in Hot Toy's early days as a company, such that many collectors (like myself) was not even aware of their existence. Now with a much larger cult following, you could say that more people are not going to miss out on the Berserker, meaning that he will run out faster. Not necessarily, I don't think we know the exact number of figures Hot Toys is producing. Maybe they've since increased their lot size per figure to match the growing number of fans.

I have my doubts on Guardian reaching anywhere near Elder (@ least here in Bkk)
I got my p1 for 293$ (approximate number, on q3 last year - and the price is dropping
[266$ now so to speak])

I don't even understand why the Elder is selling for the price they are..
- do i want it, HELL YEAH
- am i gonna spent 400 - 1000 for a figure, no way

I got my p1 for 293$ (approximate number, on q3 last year - and the price is dropping
[266$ now so to speak])

Agreed. Elder P2 was actually the only figure I bought in that price range and honestly I never intend to spend that much on one figure again. And the sad part is compared to what MIB are going for on ebay now, I got a semi deal how sad is that. Not a mid blowingly good deal mind you, but a better price than most today.

Let me guess... all that voted "none of the above" have or have had a P2 Elder.:monkey1

Sorry, but your "precious" already lost it's crown to the Billie Jean MJ.:lol

I believe it depends on the popularity of a character and the movie as well. Zerker is starting to sell out and IMO the movie Predators
is better than Predator 2, let's face it, P2 with Danny Glover was just awful and almost destroyed the franchise. The reasons I believe P2 Elder is so popular is that 1st: his headsculpt
and accessories were very cool. 2nd: Even if it was a small role it was a very significant one! He was obviously the leader, he tossed the dated handgun to Glover wich gave us a clue as to how long they've been hunting and observing humans. Yes, Elder P2 is going to be more popular than Guardian now and in the future.

I also believe that Zerker will eventually overshadow Guardian in popularity again goin back to the quality and popularity of the movie and character.
Years from now people will be watching Predators alot more so than P2, it's happening now infact! Zerker will sought after eventually more so in the future because people will have familiarized themselves more with him.

IMO, Zerker looks better too, infact, he looks kick-a$$!!!

IMO, Zerker will be a more wanted figure than Guardian, especially when eventually Zerker will be hard to find given his popularity in the movie
and being the 1st mold of a new breed of Prefator both in the movie and on the 1/6 world!

All I can say is IF Berserker reaches the $800 to $1,000 mark, I'll seriously consider selling mine. Berserker is a great figure and all but I can think of alot of things I could get with that kind money.

All I can say is IF Berserker reaches the $800 to $1,000 mark, I'll seriously consider selling mine. Berserker is a great figure and all but I can think of alot of things I could get with that kind money.

:lecture I'm still guessing that we'll get another revision of Berserker though. So many people have complained about how inaccurate it is that I'm sure Hot Toys will cash in on another one.

:lecture I'm still guessing that we'll get another revision of Berserker though. So many people have complained about how inaccurate it is that I'm sure Hot Toys will cash in on another one.

I don't see that happening at all!
There's more peole happy with their Zerker than not. I've seen many pics and displays all over these forums that point to that fact!

[266$ now so to speak])

Good point. It's hard to justify that kind of money for a single figure. I wonder if there is a way to figure out the production run of each of these pred figs...

I believe it depends on the popularity of a character and the movie as well. Zerker is starting to sell out and IMO the movie Predators
is better than Predator 2, let's face it, P2 with Danny Glover was just awful and almost destroyed the franchise. The reasons I believe P2 Elder is so popular is that 1st: his headsculpt
and accessories were very cool. 2nd: Even if it was a small role it was a very significant one! He was obviously the leader, he tossed the dated handgun to Glover wich gave us a clue as to how long they've been hunting and observing humans. Yes, Elder P2 is going to be more popular than Guardian now and in the future.

I also believe that Zerker will eventually overshadow Guardian in popularity again goin back to the quality and popularity of the movie and character.
Years from now people will be watching Predators alot more so than P2, it's happening now infact! Zerker will sought after eventually more so in the future because people will have familiarized themselves more with him.

IMO, Zerker looks better too, infact, he looks kick-a$$!!!

IMO, Zerker will be a more wanted figure than Guardian, especially when eventually Zerker will be hard to find given his popularity in the movie
and being the 1st mold of a new breed of Prefator both in the movie and on the 1/6 world!

You might be right, as he is currently leading in the polls over guardian.

I don't see that happening at all!
There's more peole happy with their Zerker than not. I've seen many pics and displays all over these forums that point to that fact!
It may or may not be true. I should do another poll as to how many people like or hate the new berserker. Maybe the people that hate him just aren't speaking up.

Let me guess... all that voted "none of the above" have or have had a P2 Elder.:monkey1

Sorry, but your "precious" already lost it's crown to the Billie Jean MJ.:lol

:goodpost: Hell, if I owned P2 Elder I'd be voting the same way to try and keep him at the top of the hill.

:exactly:, should that even happens it would be the best time to grab an Elder :lol

I don't see that happening either, (unless Hottoys suddenly join forces with CAPCOM) what would be a justified
reason to all clients who have bought the Zerker. Unless a they offer a DX or a new movie comes out with the
history of Zerker :gollum:

Back