Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

My thoughts:

I'm ok with Gadot now, seriously, I am. But while I comprehend and respect that her strength doesn't come just from muscles but more from being athletic had they hired an athletic woman who was also muscular it would've been cool at the visual and visceral levels.

Superman and Batman can have muscles but not WW?

Hell, Cavill and Affleck have real muscles AND muscle suits ontop of their real muscles and then CGI muscles ontop of that!

They're triple muscular! :lol

Anyways....onto my non superficial thoughts....

Seriously, what is WB doing?

They are all over the place with their introductions, from WW to Doomsday to bypassing the versus tension and going straight to showing them all friendly helping each other in a trailer to releasing this video before her proper non trailer introduction in BvS.

WB's cinematic plan is like a civil war canon ball richocheting all over the battle field like a human pinball machine. :lol

Their chaotic catch up game will either work for them or that canon ball will come right back at them and blow up in their faces, lets see.

Gadot resembled Linda Carter in that mirror shot, very awesome.

I absolutely LOVE the return to 300 battle visuals because I absolutely love that aspect of 300!

It was pioneering when it came out for a reason and it remains cool to this day unlike the slow mo Matrix stuff.

WW is a female Leonidas (minus the muscles) and Cap with his shield.

Why not, looks great!

I hope she yells "This IS Midgard!" and also says "But he's my friend".

Hopefully she fights medusa in a flash back scene.

Last edited:

So a little someone had another meltdown huh? :lol

Anyway, Ares is supposed to be in this one right? I wonder who'll they cast.

The little footage they showed looks pretty good, considering it still pretty raw isn't it? They just started filming.

Ares will be played by Christoph Waltz so Wonder Woman towers over him.

But yea, flick looks good so far. Even if she is a little slim.

What the heck! I didn't know they were showing the film off so early. I didn't have any expectations for this, but I think this looks amazing! Holy cow! This looks like the greatest interpretation of the character that I've seen! I LOVE IT! This totally revived my interest in superhero origin movies. This seems very reminiscent of Batman Begins (one of my all time favorite movies), but even more respect for the source material (I'm not too familiar with WW so fans can correct me). Hopefully we can get away from throwing characters under the bus like Henri Ducard and Bane for sake of dumb twists. If you're not going to be true to the character, you should make up your own character in my opinion. The names are only going to mean something to fans, so why do that to them? I was fine with a John Blake until they insulted everyone's intelligence with the whole Robin thing... Sorry, tangent over!

I'm never seen Gal Gadot in anything, so I don't have any bias against her. She looks great to me!

The thing with DC is that I don't have any set interpretation of the characters since there's been so many creative runs. I hope these DC films create the definitive versions of the characters for me. Even though Man of Steel was a miss for a lot of people, a great film can fix the public's perception of the character. All superheroes have their share of garbage story-lines and reviled interpretations, yet they survived for decades. At the very least Batman and Superman are the two superheroes that will never die.

What the heck! I didn't know they were showing the film off so early. I didn't have any expectations for this, but I think this looks amazing! Holy cow! This looks like the greatest interpretation of the character that I've seen! I LOVE IT! This totally revived my interest in superhero origin movies. This seems very reminiscent of Batman Begins (one of my all time favorite movies), but even more respect for the source material (I'm not too familiar with WW so fans can correct me). Hopefully we can get away from throwing characters under the bus like Henri Ducard and Bane for sake of dumb twists. If you're not going to be true to the character, you should make up your own character in my opinion. The names are only going to mean something to fans, so why do that to them? I was fine with a John Blake until they insulted everyone's intelligence with the whole Robin thing... Sorry, tangent over!

I'm never seen Gal Gadot in anything, so I don't have any bias against her. She looks great to me!

The thing with DC is that I don't have any set interpretation of the characters since there's been so many creative runs. I hope these DC films create the definitive versions of the characters for me. Even though Man of Steel was a miss for a lot of people, a great film can fix the public's perception of the character. All superheroes have their share of garbage story-lines and reviled interpretations, yet they survived for decades. At the very least Batman and Superman are the two superheroes that will never die.

you are like the Anti- wweejedi :lol his nemesis. I like it :hi5:

She definitely got the glass face going. And she'll be ok for the role but would be nice if she got more muscle. She is not living to her full potential.

Snippets of video look good to me. Pretty run-of-the-mill, but looks fine. I will give WB/DC credit for having the balls to do a movie about a female character. Marvel Studios is way too driven by focus groups and toy sales to consider such a wacky idea.

Thanos is gonna go out like a beoch. Bank on it. Aunt May prolly takes him out. Snare drum. Roll some credits, show mid credit of Thanos shaking his head with stars spinning around it. Roll rest of credits. Marvel Fanboy will eat that **** up.

She looks great, funny how no one has an issue with Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Jaime Alexander as Sig, ScarJo as Black Widow, etc.

First two are just as skinny, if not skinnier than Gadot (and both their comic counterparts are strong women like WW) and the last is a midget :dunno

Regardless what happens you have to admit that even you're (EF) curious to see 68 primary/secondary/tertiary superheros spread out over 2 movies taking on Thanos.

If the MCU is going to blow it they're going to do it nuclear.

Nothing like what they have planned has ever been attempted before.

The Russos even said there is a demand for it and they're happy to have been given the opportunity by Marvel to actually go there and do this.

It will be a sight to be seen for sure... and the Russos are more competent than Whedon imo.

I am hoping at least 20 of those characters die though so we never have to see them on the screen again :lol

Poor WB/DC, they have so few superheros/villains that actually matter to even have a movie with that many characters.

That was always Marvel's strength.

Grant it, DC's core group is quite the powerhouse, enough so that it shouldn't need to have that many characters to make a great movie if handled correctly.

But who doesn't want to see Daredevil, Blade and Punisher taking on Thanos! :lol

She looks great, funny how no one has an issue with Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Jaime Alexander as Sig, ScarJo as Black Widow, etc.

First two are just as skinny, if not skinnier than Gadot (and both their comic counterparts are strong women like WW) and the last is a midget :dunno

Jaime Alexander is not the main character and most people dont care for Thor movies to begin with.

zoe is nowhere near as skinny as skeltal. zoe has curves... (and even if zoe is skinny, her acting is WAY better.)

ScarJo would have been a perfect wonder woman ironically enough

1156.gif

Jaime Alexander is not the main character and most people dont care for Thor movies to begin with.

zoe is nowhere near as skinny as skeltal. zoe has curves... (and even if zoe is skinny, her acting is WAY better.)

YjWrcz4.jpg

I just can't agree with your points... especially the last one. She is literally the worst actress for the role IMO.

YjWrcz4.jpg

I just can't agree with your points... especially the last one. She is literally the worst actress for the role IMO.

Your point is valid, it makes sense.

But there is just something about WW in my mind that demands she visually looks as physically strong and capable as Superman, Batman and Conan the freaking Barbarian!

It just does.

I know that it makes no sense but it is something that I can't just easily shake off with your casting logic applied to other characters.

I don't know.....Wonder Wonder just needs to look like a powerhouse to me.

Back